COVID-19

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: COVID-19

Postby Dutchy » Tue May 12, 2020 5:06 pm

tigerpie wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:Clubs will be given the opportunity to sit out the year if they wish to and I'd say the majority will take up that offer.

If clubs choose to do this they will be signing their own death warrant.

You're a big club with lots of juniors like my club.

Where's everyone going to train?
Something as simple as disinfecting change rooms on game day....5 times two rooms (Assuming you'll be able to use them)
will be pretty onerous. Then again after Sunday games.

Players on contracts will still need paying.
Where's the money coming from with no gate or bar?

> Saturday and Sundays are now available until games start and when games start the training rules will have changed back to normal.
> There will be limited use of change rooms I suspect, not insurmountable.
> If the SANFL says no salary cap (or reduced) then all contracts fall under that instruction
> There will be a gate and bar, things will change quickly if our good results in SA continue
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby locky801 » Tue May 12, 2020 5:08 pm

Dutchy wrote:
SuperFrank wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:Clubs will be given the opportunity to sit out the year if they wish to and I'd say the majority will take up that offer.

If clubs choose to do this they will be signing their own death warrant.

For a lot of clubs, choosing to play will be signing their own death warrant. Specially for regional areas

I understand the complexity in regional areas, but if your club/league does not proceed with the season and a player wants to play footy they are going to leave your club and go elsewhere. Whats the chances of getting them back in 2021?

With a small extension into October there are still 5 months left in the season, with a very real possibility of further restrictions being relaxed in the next fortnight which will allow crowds, BBQ's, canteens and Bars to be open (under new protocols). With no AFL to attend it could be a boom for grassroots footy.

Why cant canteens be open, Delicatessans and bakeries can be open so why not canteens under the same guidelines
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby zedman » Tue May 12, 2020 5:19 pm

giphy.gif
giphy.gif (448.57 KiB) Viewed 1400 times
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1077 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby davideyy71 » Tue May 12, 2020 5:30 pm

football tragic wrote:Why is everyone stating a July start date
If season goes ahead and get voted in by clubs Mid June start IMO

agreed - i'm on Mid June too. Right now we're at 1 new case in 20 days. Mid June is another 30+ days away, hard to justifify the slow opening if we've got 0 active cases, no evidence of community spread and very few cases in around 8 weeks.

I reckon footy starts up again June 13/June 20.
davideyy71
Mini-League

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby Bluedemon » Tue May 12, 2020 5:32 pm

i was told by our President that it could be a 4th July starting date
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 96 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Trader » Tue May 12, 2020 6:13 pm

Dutchy wrote:With a small extension into October there are still 5 months left in the season, with a very real possibility of further restrictions being relaxed in the next fortnight which will allow crowds, BBQ's, canteens and Bars to be open (under new protocols). With no AFL to attend it could be a boom for grassroots footy.

Can't see cricket agreeing to give up October and allow footy to push into their season if they are delaying their own start after when SA Health is allowing it just so they can run their bars.
Start as soon as its declared safe, or get off the oval come 30 September IMO.

Finals 5,12,19,26 Sept
9 Rounds before that, means starting July 4th.

Any start after July 4th would mean a top 4, not top 5 finals set up, rather than pushing into October IMO.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue May 12, 2020 6:20 pm

agree plenty of options on the table, but pushing into October is not insurmountable for footy, considering it would only be the GF's and not a high reliance on grounds.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby locky801 » Tue May 12, 2020 6:34 pm

Bluedemon wrote:

i was told by our President that it could be a 4th July starting date

be plenty of fireworks round 1 if thats the case :D
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby daysofourlives » Tue May 12, 2020 7:14 pm

The Bedge wrote:If I was a club I think my biggest worries would be

a) If a didn't field sides what players i'd lose and potentially not get back; and
b) Players who opt out of playing this year and never return.

Point A is the exact reason why we shouldnt play. if even just one club opts to not play, that club faces a real possibilty of folding.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby The Bedge » Tue May 12, 2020 8:37 pm

davideyy71 wrote:

agreed - i'm on Mid June too. Right now we're at 1 new case in 20 days. Mid June is another 30+ days away, hard to justifify the slow opening if we've got 0 active cases, no evidence of community spread and very few cases in around 8 weeks.

End June/early June start date would tie in with the lifting of 99% of restrictions and the problems people talk about i.e. liquor license, crowd restrictions etc.

Also gives enough weeks to finish the season by end of September, limited the impact on cricket.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Bum Crack » Tue May 12, 2020 9:12 pm

The Bedge wrote:
davideyy71 wrote:

End June/early June start date would tie in with the lifting of 99% of restrictions and the problems people talk about i.e. liquor license, crowd restrictions etc.

Also gives enough weeks to finish the season by end of September, limited the impact on cricket.

Will this also include unlimited numbers being able to attend matches?
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby jo172 » Tue May 12, 2020 9:44 pm

Not that I think there's any chance of it happening but I'm curious to see how crowd limits would be imposed at Uni/PAOC/Pulteney/Lutheran games.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby scottroo » Tue May 12, 2020 9:55 pm

We should have answers in the coming days. There’s a very important zoom meeting taking place as I type
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Footy Chick » Tue May 12, 2020 10:54 pm

jo172 wrote:Not that I think there's any chance of it happening but I'm curious to see how crowd limits would be imposed at Uni/PAOC/Pulteney/Lutheran games.

how would that work any differently to any other non-gated ground
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby football tragic » Wed May 13, 2020 9:58 am

Trader wrote:
Dutchy wrote:With a small extension into October there are still 5 months left in the season, with a very real possibility of further restrictions being relaxed in the next fortnight which will allow crowds, BBQ's, canteens and Bars to be open (under new protocols). With no AFL to attend it could be a boom for grassroots footy.

Can't see cricket agreeing to give up October and allow footy to push into their season if they are delaying their own start after when SA Health is allowing it just so they can run their bars.

Finals 5,12,19,26 Sept

Any start after July 4th would mean a top 4, not top 5 finals set up, rather than pushing into October IMO.

Pretty sure SACA will have to work with football on this one
Would mean that perhaps cricket might end a little later next season which footy would also compromise.
We would be talking 2-3 weeks tops
I think some of the country leagues may look at a 12 game season as they usually finish end of September anyway.
football tragic
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Barossa District

Postby jo172 » Wed May 13, 2020 9:59 am

Footy Chick wrote:
jo172 wrote:Not that I think there's any chance of it happening but I'm curious to see how crowd limits would be imposed at Uni/PAOC/Pulteney/Lutheran games.

how would that work any differently to any other non-gated ground

That they're literally enclosed in parklands designed for a range of active and passive recreation that would otherwise be lawful as opposed to premises which are specifically designed as cricket/football ovals where there might not otherwise be a logical basis for being in the vicinity.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Wed May 13, 2020 10:19 am

football tragic wrote:
Trader wrote:

Finals 5,12,19,26 Sept

Would mean that perhaps cricket might end a little later next season which footy would also compromise.
I think some of the country leagues may look at a 12 game season as they usually finish end of September anyway.

I heard SACA may not start our cricket season till mid November, in line with the BBL - be a reduced season that may go a bit longer into April.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby football tragic » Wed May 13, 2020 10:47 am

Eagles2014 wrote:
football tragic wrote:
Trader wrote:

Finals 5,12,19,26 Sept

I heard SACA may not start our cricket season till mid November, in line with the BBL - be a reduced season that may go a bit longer into April.

yeh have heard similar with the SAAFL running a pretty similar season start and end date to that of the SANFL.
football tragic
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Barossa District

Postby The Bedge » Wed May 13, 2020 11:51 am

football tragic wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:I heard SACA may not start our cricket season till mid November, in line with the BBL - be a reduced season that may go a bit longer into April.

yeh have heard similar with the SAAFL running a pretty similar season start and end date to that of the SANFL.

Waft.. did you just make that up?

AdFL have already come out and said there was basically no appetite from clubs for games to extend past the end of September, and their options outline potential season dates with the latest finish being 26 Sept.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed May 13, 2020 11:56 am

Of the cricket comps, the hard wicket comps will be able to be ready to play within a week.

How many of the Grade grounds have SANFL footy on them? Glenelg, Prospect, Woodville? Is that it?
The Bedge
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League