COVID-19

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: COVID-19

Postby Brodlach » Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:10 am

The Bedge wrote:
whufc wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Shut the **** up you whinging **** 8) :lol:

I'm in a bad ******* mood and I cant take it out on my staff at work, so you lot will have to ******* do

Put a face mask on and yell into that. :lol:

One of these?

July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby whufc » Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:07 pm

The Bedge wrote:
whufc wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Shut the **** up you whinging **** 8) :lol:

I'm in a bad ******* mood and I cant take it out on my staff at work, so you lot will have to ******* do

Put a face mask on and yell into that. :lol:

Don't you worry I have my bloody mask on...……..for 10-12 hours a day in a warm humid aquatic environment where most of my job is trying to talk and communicate with people. Deadset im 36 and getting achne again ffs.

Only positive is I have stopped drinking coffee because coffee breath smells like shit :lol: :lol:
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:55 pm

whufc wrote:
S Demon wrote:From today's Advertiser..

"It's the light at the end of the tunnel we're all hoping for. South Australia's chief public health officer Professor Nicola Spurrier has provided the greatest insights yet into how life will look in the state when we reach an 80 per cent vaccination rate and when this should occur. Prof Spurrier outlined the pathway out of Covid during an exclusive live Q&A with journalist Andrew Hough on Advertiser.com.au on Wednesday. She's earmarked Christmas as a date by which "hideous" lockdowns and border closures can end for South Australians, with current projections showing the state will reach an 80 per cent vaccination rate by then. Not surprisingly, her comments have been welcomed by the state's business leaders. Prof Spurrier has flagged there are things we will continue to live with beyond this point, most notably the use of face masks."

So there going to slip face masks in as a 'forever' thing...…….

Could see that coming a mile away.

Going to be fun in summer wearing one all day every day.

Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby daysofourlives » Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:12 pm

whufc wrote:
jo172 wrote:Genuinely find the anti-mask thing odd (admittedly I don't wear glasses)

Grand scheme of things a reasonably minor inconvenience relative to every other shitty thing that we've been forced to put up with for 18 months. If keeping the masks in certain situations gets rid of those things sooner sign me up.

I'd hope we loosen it a bit for the seemingly lower risk situations (i.e taking it off to drink your pint, putting it back on to order your next one). But honestly, if we keep them full time for visiting hospitals and obviously higher risk situations it would appear to me as a genuinely good thing.

Its just administration controls for the sake of administration controls and 'ticking' boxes.

Look at the last big breakout in SA, pretty much all came from the Greek Restaurant and the winery, two places where masks would not have been worn anyway due to everyone eating and drinking.

You put in this control but then allow people to sit at the footy in a crowd of 15k+ with no masks provided they have a drink or pie in the hand.

We have the controls yet the minute you enter a nightclub you don't have to wear them again...….as has been told to me by all the youngins I work with based on their Adelaide experiences.

You can go to Woolies and still rifle your hands through all the fruit and veg. You can go to the doctors sit on a waiting chair, go see the doctor and the chairs aren't being cleaned between users.

Hey you can come to my gym, wear one in our in foyer and café area yet the second you get in the gym to start breathing heavy and sweating you can take it off. Pretty much the environments you really need people wearing a mask they don't have to.

Make sure your wearing your masks for health reasons unless your a smoker then that's fine choof all day and you don't have to wear a mask.

They just keep changing the goal posts. Originally it was to flatten the curve, then there is covid zero and now its we need to do this because of the other states situations. Just getting over it, its like there hanging on to every bit of control....lets see how they move the goal posts around the vaccine numbers. What odds on sportsbet that when we get to 80% they will talk about it needing to get to 90% before things can change.

Good now slip into the real covid thread and give Apache and I a bit of support ;)
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Fools Gold » Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:36 pm

When are we expected to know about Friday fixtures? Feel like there needs to be announcement soon to assist with work and other commitments
Fools Gold

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 20 times
Grassroots Team: Solomontown

Postby Down the Hill » Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:12 pm

It's already known FG. The A grade 2 v 3 Prelim for each Division will be played on a Friday night at 7.30pm. B grade will be 5.30pm and the C grade will still play on the Saturday. But don't assume B grade will be 2 v 3 because it can depend on the make up of clubs in the B grade finals that could see some swaps between the Friday & Saturday.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 275 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Wee-man » Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:24 am

Any truth to the rumor that with with restrictions easing we might go back to home finals for the top 2 teams? If this happens surely they get rid of the Friday night game which seems to be an inconvenience for everyone.
Wee-man

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 7 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:09 am

Wee-man wrote:Any truth to the rumor that with with restrictions easing we might go back to home finals for the top 2 teams? If this happens surely they get rid of the Friday night game which seems to be an inconvenience for everyone.

none whatsoever ;)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Fools Gold » Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:32 am

Down the Hill wrote:It's already known FG. The A grade 2 v 3 Prelim for each Division will be played on a Friday night at 7.30pm. B grade will be 5.30pm and the C grade will still play on the Saturday. But don't assume B grade will be 2 v 3 because it can depend on the make up of clubs in the B grade finals that could see some swaps between the Friday & Saturday.
So still not a heap of clarity for the B Grade teams haha!!

Super frustrating situation to try and get your plans in order
Fools Gold

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 20 times
Grassroots Team: Solomontown

Postby heater31 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:49 am

Fools Gold wrote:
Down the Hill wrote:It's already known FG. The A grade 2 v 3 Prelim for each Division will be played on a Friday night at 7.30pm. B grade will be 5.30pm and the C grade will still play on the Saturday. But don't assume B grade will be 2 v 3 because it can depend on the make up of clubs in the B grade finals that could see some swaps between the Friday & Saturday.

Plan for the worst case scenario.....hope for the best
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:25 pm

Fools Gold wrote:

LOL, literally no different to any other season in the B grade :lol:

Plenty of clarity really if you just apply same process as years gone by
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:55 am

Out of curiosity, end of the season - do the Grand Finalists rank higher than the bottom two of the div above? Or would they still be ranked below?

i.e. would PHOS and Glenunga be the 9th and 10th ranked clubs in the league and Unley / Uni 11th and 12th, or vice versa?
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Pag » Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:19 am

The Bedge wrote:Out of curiosity, end of the season - do the Grand Finalists rank higher than the bottom two of the div above? Or would they still be ranked below?

i.e. would PHOS and Glenunga be the 9th and 10th ranked clubs in the league and Unley / Uni 11th and 12th, or vice versa?

Div 2 Premiers 9th, Div 2 R/U 10th, Uni 11th, Unley 12th.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:11 pm

.. two weeks until we know the make up of teams per division next season.. thoughts on how clubs will vote?
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:26 pm

The Bedge wrote:.. two weeks until we know the make up of teams per division next season.. thoughts on how clubs will vote?

I dont know too many in favour of reducing to 8 teams. But the people running each club may have a different view..
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby locky801 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:52 pm

The Bedge wrote:.. two weeks until we know the make up of teams per division next season.. thoughts on how clubs will vote?

dont think anything will really change, hearing alot of clubs not in favour of change
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby jo172 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:03 pm

I've been mulling over next year and COVID in my head the last couple of days.

I wonder what appetite there would be amongst the Clubs/League for a condition of registration of players and coaches that all have to be fully vaccinated (or at least have some compelling medical basis for not being). I can understand that the League wouldn't really want to be the lightning rod for the anti-vac culture war, but if the 8 team proposal doesn't get up it seems to be a pretty reasonable stance.

Outside of the League and Club's control I've also been pondering what SA Health's position would be in a scenario where all 42 players in a match (and coaches, umpires etc.) were fully vaccinated, and one of them tests positive on Monday morning. Let's assume that consistent with what SA Health has told us the state won't be locked down, but there would at least, on the face of it, still be some risk that the close contacts (including all 42 players) might have to endure a period of isolation.

Obviously if this is the case it wouldn't have much to do to cause some pretty substantial knock on effects with respect to the integrity of any given competition.

If that's the position SA Health ends up taking the 8 team comps and the ability to get weeks back has a pretty obvious appeal. Otherwise it could get shambolic pretty quickly
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby whufc » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:29 pm

jo172 wrote:I've been mulling over next year and COVID in my head the last couple of days.

I wonder what appetite there would be amongst the Clubs/League for a condition of registration of players and coaches that all have to be fully vaccinated (or at least have some compelling medical basis for not being). I can understand that the League wouldn't really want to be the lightning rod for the anti-vac culture war, but if the 8 team proposal doesn't get up it seems to be a pretty reasonable stance.

Outside of the League and Club's control I've also been pondering what SA Health's position would be in a scenario where all 42 players in a match (and coaches, umpires etc.) were fully vaccinated, and one of them tests positive on Monday morning. Let's assume that consistent with what SA Health has told us the state won't be locked down, but there would at least, on the face of it, still be some risk that the close contacts (including all 42 players) might have to endure a period of isolation.

Obviously if this is the case it wouldn't have much to do to cause some pretty substantial knock on effects with respect to the integrity of any given competition.

If that's the position SA Health ends up taking the 8 team comps and the ability to get weeks back has a pretty obvious appeal. Otherwise it could get shambolic pretty quickly

Some really good points raised.

I reckon your bang on in that the competition is probably at its biggest risk of Covid chaos next year once we completely open up. The chances of people in South Australia catching Covid will increase dramatically. Whilst for 99% of registered players there wont be many health risk associated with catching it the big risk is you can bet your bottom dollar close contracts which very well could include players will be forced isolate for 14 days. Like you said whilst complete state lockdowns wont happen there is no chance you will be able to be diagnosed with Covid and then go play a game of footy 3 days later.

That will leave some pretty awkward situations where potentially individual teams/clubs may be required to forfeit albeit the entire state is not in lockdown.

The league would definitely need to consider a contingency plan for either rescheduling individual games or having a set rule in place in the event one team has to forfeit one to two games.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Trader » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:35 pm

By being vaccinated it means your viral load builds up slower, to lower peaks, does it not?

In which case, by being vaccinated, it makes it harder to track the movement of the virus??

If so, the league might prefer people don't get jabbed so they can track outbreaks as and when they happen.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Arm across » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:37 pm

locky801 wrote:

dont think anything will really change, hearing alot of clubs not in favour of change

A 8 team comp is far from ideal but I do feel it’s necessary. I also got the feeling the league were pushing the 8 team comp as their preferred option. So for the greater good for the league as a whole, I personally would be backing in the league and 8 team comp proposal. To steal a phrase off anther poster, it’s just a ‘recalibration’ for the short term. Let’s get the idea that 4 teams are relegated out of our mindset. It would also be a good idea to rename Div1 to premier div then count the divisions down from there. It’d help with the suggestion it’s just a ‘recalibration.’

Chances are we’ll be faced with more lockdowns but with increasing vacation rates (I’ve had my 1st jab) 8 team divisions will likely only be a short term solution to lockdowns.
Arm across
Mini-League

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Woodville South

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League