Postby zedman » Wed May 06, 2020 2:46 pm

Arch44 wrote:
Buddys wife wrote:
Bluedemon wrote:I know that training's can start from next week in groups of 10

We have always been allowed to train in groups of no more than ten

With social distancing?

yes..

from SAPOL:

Under the current direction, Clubrooms & Gyms are defined premises and must remain closed to consumers and members of the public.

An exemption applies to “outdoor sporting and recreational venues” which including playing fields. (Emergency Management (Non-Essential Business and Other Activities No 4)(COVID-19) Direction 2020, Clause 5(i) – Exceptions
This reads

Clause 4(1) and (2) do not apply to or in relation to –

(i) Outdoor sporting and recreational venues, such as gold courses, tennis courts and playing fields where the total number of persons participating in a particular activity does not exceed 10 people and provided that the density requirement is complied with:

The density requirement is “the total number of persons present at premises must not exceed one person per 4 square metres.”

Also relevant is the social distancing principles requiring a person to attempt to maintain a space of at least 1.5 metres.

To summarise you can use the oval for training, with no more than 10 persons in total present, and social distancing is applied.

Your gym and clubrooms will need to remain closed.
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1077 times
Been liked: 387 times

Re: New Footy Season Format Options for 2020

Postby Arch44 » Wed May 06, 2020 3:46 pm

Thanks Zedman, obviously I am out of the loop these days :lol: Doesn't say anything about sharing a footy though or am i misunderstanding something?
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby zedman » Wed May 06, 2020 4:09 pm

Arch44 wrote:Thanks Zedman, obviously I am out of the loop these days :lol: Doesn't say anything about sharing a footy though or am i misunderstanding something?

https://www.health.gov.au/sites/default ... onment.pdf

Australian Rules
Football
Level A
Running/aerobic/agility training (solo), resistance training
(solo), skills training (solo) including kicking, handballing,
ball handling skills (e.g. handball against wall, bouncing,
ball recovery work).
Level B
Controlled kicking, marking and handball drills.
No tackling/wresting, contact, body on body drills.
Small groups (not more than 10 athletes/staff in total)
for both education and training.
Level C
Full training and competition.
Consider maintaining some small group separation
(e.g. mids, forwards and backs).

pretty sure you cant kick, handball or mark without a footy old mate!
zedman
Coach

Postby Arch44 » Wed May 06, 2020 4:50 pm

zedman wrote:
Arch44 wrote:Thanks Zedman, obviously I am out of the loop these days :lol: Doesn't say anything about sharing a footy though or am i misunderstanding something?

Australian Rules
Football
Level A
ball recovery work).
Level B
Level C

:lol: Yes mate I know, just surprised its allowed given how contagious it has been.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby zedman » Wed May 06, 2020 4:58 pm

Arch44 wrote:
zedman wrote:

Australian Rules
Football
Level A
ball recovery work).
Level B
Level C

:lol: Yes mate I know, just surprised its allowed given how contagious it has been.

i bought a coffee at lunchtime..handed over money and received back my drink..all without gloves..same sort of risk..

the perfect is the enemy of the good..
zedman
Coach

Postby Pag » Wed May 06, 2020 5:03 pm

What level are we at currently? The way I read it is that every guy training during Level A must only use his own footy, and balls aren't to be shared (ie solo drills).
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby zedman » Wed May 06, 2020 5:10 pm

Pag wrote:What level are we at currently? The way I read it is that every guy training during Level A must only use his own footy, and balls aren't to be shared (ie solo drills).

Level B imo Pag. See my post above from SAPOL.
zedman
Coach

Postby Pag » Wed May 06, 2020 5:25 pm

zedman wrote:
Pag wrote:What level are we at currently? The way I read it is that every guy training during Level A must only use his own footy, and balls aren't to be shared (ie solo drills).

Level B imo Pag. See my post above from SAPOL.

Yep, misread the first time.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed May 06, 2020 6:57 pm

St Peters school are training their college team in groups of 6, I guess college footy doesn't come under the SANFL/Community Footy guidelines?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed May 06, 2020 7:18 pm

Dutchy wrote:St Peters school are training their college team in groups of 6, I guess college footy doesn't come under the SANFL/Community Footy guidelines?

It’s allowed.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed May 06, 2020 9:12 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Dutchy wrote:St Peters school are training their college team in groups of 6, I guess college footy doesn't come under the SANFL/Community Footy guidelines?

It’s allowed.

How so?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby BZB27 » Wed May 06, 2020 9:30 pm

Dutchy wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

It’s allowed.

How so?

Read what Zedman put up, we are on level B so 10 people can train in group.
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby scottroo » Wed May 06, 2020 9:37 pm

I reckon sanfl have said no organised training
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Dutchy » Wed May 06, 2020 9:53 pm

scottroo wrote:I reckon sanfl have said no organised training

Correct, no clubs are allowed to have organised training sessions, SANFL direction to all community clubs
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Dutchy » Wed May 06, 2020 9:56 pm

Playing without crowds is not an option for the Adelaide Footy League and clubs will be allowed to sit out the year if they choose to help soften the blow of COVID-19 on the 2020 season.

While the AFL appears set to resume its season behind closed doors with broadcast revenue a driving factor, league boss John Kernahan said it was not a consideration for the local competition.

Stopping supporters from entering venues would be difficult with the majority of Adelaide Footy League grounds not fenced in.

Additionally, clubs would only be able to cover the cost of putting teams on the field if they could generate revenue through canteen and bar areas.

Goodwood Saints president Craig Scott said, like most community clubs, the idea of playing with no supporters appeared too difficult.

“It is pointless playing amateur league footy without crowds,” Scott said.

“That’s what we need. We need people at the BBQ, we need people having a drink, buying a ticket in the raffle.

“It’s just pure cost for us if we play (without them).”

Kernahan said the league would only be able to get underway once state government restrictions regarding outdoor venues were lifted to an acceptable level.

“We suspect spectators and trade in licensed areas will return on a gradual basis but we’re no different than hotels and other codes’ clubs,” Kernahan said.

“We just need to get used to an idea that things are not going to be normal for a while.

“We have trust in whatever the authorities determine as most appropriate to keep our communities safe.”

A league survey last month showed all of the competition’s 67 clubs were confident they would still be able to field teams this season.

But Kernahan said any will be allowed to sit out the 2020 campaign if they chose and return next year.

The league has also put a freeze on promotion and relegation for all divisions in 2020.

“We haven’t been informed directly of any club that will not survive this year, or at least for reasons out of their control,” Kernahan said.

“One club has informed us they think the season is lost and would prefer to come back in 2021 but we also leave it open in the short term for them to change their mind.

“The clubs’ challenge is to survey their playing cohort to get a gauge of their appetite to continue playing but the immediate reaction has been a positive one.

“It appears from afar that the longer we go without footy, the more interest we have.”

Kernahan said financial implications from the coronavirus pandemic would be the biggest challenge for clubs, not just in 2020 but also the years ahead.

HEROES GIVE SHARKS EXTRA BITE IN TOUGH TIMES
Trevor Sampson quickly points out that he is no hero but his club, the Henley Sharks Football Club, just might dispute that.

Sampson is the key driver behind the club’s social arm – Henley Heroes – which has raised more than $108,000 for the club in the past six years.

With sport’s likely return soon to the playing fields when the coronavirus restrictions are lifted, groups such as the Henley Heroes will be as important as ever for community clubs.

“I have had several members keep asking when can we go back to the club,” Sampson said.

“We love what we do and it is a chance to connect with people and help the club.’’

The Henley Heroes came by chance after his Sampson’s Ryan joined the club as a player from Port District about six years ago. Sampson senior had played for Henley in the 1970s, went to West Adelaide and then did other things before joining Ryan at Henley.

“When I came back to the club after Ryan came here I found there was a social club of sorts but the social members didn’t get a lot for their money.

“So for their $50 we put on things like lunches where identities are guest speakers. People such as Scott Hodges, Gavin Wanganeen, Ken Cunningham and others have all been terrific. And Phil Cole from the club, who helps me with the Heroes, has been a great help too.

“Every year we give the club money and I suppose you could say we are the club’s main sponsor.

“But it’s the mateship that everyone loves and misses now. Hopefully it won’t be too long to wait.’’

Henley president Rod Hill, also a Henley Hero member, said the efforts of Sampson and the members could not be underestimated.

“We may not have survived if it wasn’t for the Henley Heroes,” Hill said.

“And as for the shutdown people can’t wait to get back.

“Henley is very much a community club with our women’s football big and netball involved too. We are really keen to get up and running again.’’

The club also will receive $450,000 from the State Government’s Grassroots, Football, Cricket, Cricket and Netball Facility program to install new sports flood lighting at the Henley and Grange Memorial Oval and at the nearby Henley High School.

COVE KEEN TO GET STARTED
Cove Football Club knows how important community is in times of adversity.

Six months ago the club found itself in hot water with Marion Council which accused the Cobras of fostering an alleged “culture of inappropriate and intimidating behaviour”.

A two-month independent investigation found the club had transgressed, club president Tony Kernahan apologised and the club was allowed to move forward with council-imposed sanctions including bars to be shut at three-quarter time for home games.

Early March, the club was looking good in training under new coach Jed Wilson but that was halted when the coronavirus pandemic hit.

Cove Football Club has gone through so much in past six months with a council inquiry into alleged inappropriate behaviour. Now, like everyone else, the club is looking forward to getting back to playing and catching up with each other.

News that coronavirus restrictions could be lifted soon for local sport in SA was welcomed by Kernahan.

“We have already been through a lot and this virus shutdown has made us so extra keen to see each other again when we get the go ahead,’’ Kernahan said.

“We just want to get out there and to see kids running around kicking the footy.

“The football family is missing each other. It will be one of the most uplifting moments that day when we can get together again. But we will need our supporters to be able to be there.’’

NEW LOOK FOR BOMBERS

Catching up with mates, being able to train and compete and enjoying having a new clubroom are among the key drivers for Brighton Football Club players, parents and supporters once the lockdown ends, says Brighton Sports and Social Club president Steve Phillips.

“It’s been a tough time but hopefully it won’t be too long before we can get back,” Phillips said.

“Every sport at the ($13.7 million) complex will have a new building and that has been a bit of a challenge at times getting there but it will be exciting once we are all in.

“On the footy side of things the club has 32 teams which includes juniors and men’s and women’s teams so there are strong numbers there.’’

Football club president Travis Kalleske also backed up Phillips’ comments but warned it could still take some time.

“There is still a bigger need for the long-term stabilisation of health and day to day life it affords,” Kalleske.

“I think the sport resuming in due course will be fantastic but first things first.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby The Bedge » Thu May 07, 2020 8:30 am

Dutchy wrote:

Correct, no clubs are allowed to have organised training sessions, SANFL direction to all community clubs

This might make me look silly, but does the SANFL govern the AdFL? SANFL takes care of their own competition and the junior comps but not AdFL.?

The fact in the leagues update last week they included the piece around training in groups of less than 10 leads me to believe it was ok for senior footy teams/clubs.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Thu May 07, 2020 10:17 am

The Bedge wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

This might make me look silly, but does the SANFL govern the AdFL? SANFL takes care of their own competition and the junior comps but not AdFL.?

The fact in the leagues update last week they included the piece around training in groups of less than 10 leads me to believe it was ok for senior footy teams/clubs.

https://sanfl.com.au/communityfootball/leagues/
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby The Bedge » Thu May 07, 2020 10:20 am

Dutchy wrote:https://sanfl.com.au/communityfootball/leagues/

Well that answers that :lol:

Looking at news though, the last update was 28th April and said would follow advice from Fed/State governments, until such time postponement would be in place.

From the league:

But, below is an exert from advice from SAPOL to The League dated: 30/04/2020 on what you can do.

Under the current direction, Clubrooms & Gyms are defined premises and must remain closed to consumers and members of the public.

An exemption applies to “outdoor sporting and recreational venues” which including playing fields. (Emergency Management (Non-Essential Business and Other Activities No 4)(COVID-19) Direction 2020, Clause 5(i) – Exceptions
This reads

(i) Outdoor sporting and recreational venues, such as gold courses, tennis courts and playing fields where the total number of persons participating in a particular activity does not exceed 10 people and provided that the density requirement is complied with:

The density requirement is “the total number of persons present at premises must not exceed one person per 4 square metres.”

Also relevant is the social distancing principles requiring a person to attempt to maintain a space of at least 1.5 metres.

To summarise you can use the oval for training, with no more than 10 persons in total present, and social distancing is applied.

The Bedge
Coach

Postby cracka » Thu May 07, 2020 10:31 am

Wondering on the off chance no footy gets played this year. What happens with the points system. Will all points just stay the same for next year e.g. a 3 point player recruited this year is 3 points next year or will a 3 point player this year only be 2 points next year if he stays at the same club
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby zedman » Thu May 07, 2020 10:34 am

The Bedge wrote:
Dutchy wrote:https://sanfl.com.au/communityfootball/leagues/

Well that answers that :lol:

Looking at news though, the last update was 28th April and said would follow advice from Fed/State governments, until such time postponement would be in place.

From the league:

But, below is an exert from advice from SAPOL to The League dated: 30/04/2020 on what you can do.

This reads

i hear an echo..
zedman
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League