20%
Mitchell Park
4%
OSB/Lonsdale
2%

Total votes : 55

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 7

Postby Demon Juke » Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:47 pm

Was there 2 red cards in the game? The units didn't receive them i was told, but if they want to clean up their image then parting ways the player is best for the them.
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:02 am

Demon Juke wrote:Was there 2 red cards in the game? The units didn't receive them i was told, but if they want to clean up their image then parting ways the player is best for the them.

That decision has been made for them. I don't think playing him for the remainder of the game done them any favours.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:27 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Demon Juke wrote:Was there 2 red cards in the game? The units didn't receive them i was told, but if they want to clean up their image then parting ways the player is best for the them.

That decision has been made for them. I don't think playing him for the remainder of the game done them any favours.

Playing him for the remainder of the game should have been taken out of their hands also.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby The Bedge » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:31 am

Mr Beefy wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Playing him for the remainder of the game should have been taken out of their hands also.

In Units defence, don't think they realised what he'd actually done at the time - it's pretty clear when you hear the commentary on the sidelines..
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:38 am

Mr Beefy wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

I don't think the umpire knew what had occurred at the time, from his peripheral it would've looked like a collision between the two and they both would've been paying more attention to where the contest was as it would have been a handover situation.

It's certainly something you just wouldn't expect as an umpire.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Homer J » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:16 am

20210824_090852.jpg
20210824_090852.jpg (310.03 KiB) Viewed 1940 times
Homer J
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 43 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:18 am

Last edited by The Bedge on Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:21 am

17:55 min mark - Adel Luth player in some trouble surely?
The Bedge
Coach

Postby beef » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:50 am

its always uncharacteristic
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 253 times

Postby whufc » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:51 am

Homer J wrote:
20210824_090852.jpg

Very well said.

Great to see the club mature enough to take ownership and accept the incident and punishment.

Cant do much more than that, maybe only critism is they took on a known knob head. Had Kershaw been suspended in his history prior to this incident. Maybe the punch was out of character but poor onfield behaviour from him isn't.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:30 am

whufc wrote:
Homer J wrote:
20210824_090852.jpg

Very well said.

Great to see the club mature enough to take ownership and accept the incident and punishment.

Cant do much more than that, maybe only critism is they took on a known knob head. Had Kershaw been suspended in his history prior to this incident. Maybe the punch was out of character but poor onfield behaviour from him isn't.

Fenners is putting everything he can into cleaning up the place and getting the results on board, I've been there before and it's very frustrating, no matter how much good you do it only takes one incident to wipe all of that out.

The big fella wears his heart on his sleeve, it's evident just in that footage, the bloke running the show is also running the boundary.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:37 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:
Homer J wrote:
20210824_090852.jpg

Very well said.

Fenners is putting everything he can into cleaning up the place and getting the results on board, I've been there before and it's very frustrating, no matter how much good you do it only takes one incident to wipe all of that out.

The big fella wears his heart on his sleeve, it's evident just in that footage, the bloke running the show is also running the boundary.

Yeah couldn't agree more. As mentioned thought the press release was bang on.

Only critism I have with the northern suburb clubs is they want to clean their act up but then at times take on players we all know are massive risks. It does get hard to keep defending clubs when they continue to take on those risks.

I like what CU have done in this incident though, reminds me of EP and Smithfield who have genuinely tried and been fairly successful at changing culture imo. Unlike Salisbury West who have always been the victim and hard done by ones.
whufc
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:38 am

Fatwick = TOPS!
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:54 am

whufc wrote:

Only critism I have with the northern suburb clubs is they want to clean their act up but then at times take on players we all know are massive risks. It does get hard to keep defending clubs when they continue to take on those risks.

I like what CU have done in this incident though, reminds me of EP and Smithfield who have genuinely tried and been fairly successful at changing culture imo. Unlike Salisbury West who have always been the victim and hard done by ones.

Unfortunately a brain fart only takes a split second and you can only take people on face value.

I'm sure Nick has played the incident over and over in his a thousand times already and wished he reacted differently, it's all history now though and he has to live with it.

Fenners will be hurting and this week they have to brush themselves off and put out the welcome mat for the Crabs.

One thing I noticed is that they had a shitload of players missing, a bit weird after having a bye the previous week.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby holdy2323 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:06 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:

Unfortunately a brain fart only takes a split second and you can only take people on face value.

I'm sure Nick has played the incident over and over in his a thousand times already and wished he reacted differently, it's all history now though and he has to live with it.

Fenners will be hurting and this week they have to brush themselves off and put out the welcome mat for the Crabs.

One thing I noticed is that they had a shitload of players missing, a bit weird after having a bye the previous week.

Pretty sure nick got suspended for 3 games at end of 2019 for head butting a hectorville player in a final for para hills b grade.
Para hills got rid of the grub after that.
holdy2323

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

Postby whufc » Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:06 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:

We are the same at BSR, thought after the covid break we should have got most of our players back on the park, instead we played with 19 on the weekend due to all the injuries etc.
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:39 pm

holdy2323 wrote:

Pretty sure nick got suspended for 3 games at end of 2019 for head butting a hectorville player in a final for para hills b grade.
Para hills got rid of the grub after that.

OK, I'll go crawl back under my rock then.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:30 pm

The runner has filed a complaint with the police.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:40 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:The runner has filed a complaint with the police.

hopefully they won't make a media circus of it like the TOS politician guy did
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:44 pm

Ok.. i'll say it..

The dude sounds like a dick. He sounds like he's milking this for all it's worth.

Sure he shouldn't have got hit but **** me dead it looked like a palm to the face at best - at worst a short arm jab.

Sure it dropped him - but not before he threw his head back, and twisted his body around so the umpire noticed.. then laid on the ground like he was dead until it was dealt with.. gets up and strolls over the umpires un-aided to throw his thoughts in then wanders off in the arms of the trainer staggering around.

Do I condone the action of Kerhsaw? No of course not.. but **** me dead, this is a bit of a beat up.
The Bedge
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League