Mitchell Park
4%
OSB/Lonsdale
2%

Total votes : 55

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 7

Postby morell » Mon May 03, 2021 5:46 pm

The Bedge wrote:
guru36 wrote:Houghton United game still up on dartfish first quarter wasn't taped
Houghton bench including coaches very unprofessional yelling abuse at Central United bench
during first quarter

Lol beauty beauty here we go.. get ready for the units / raiders mud slinging contest! :lol:

... ps only just gone back up ;)

Noooo

Houghton and Centrals are my two favourite opposition clubs. I don't like it when they fight.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Dirty Darryl » Thu May 06, 2021 3:08 pm

Rosscoe Brokendick cup down at bradley grove this saturday.
Dirty Darryl
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby morell » Thu May 06, 2021 3:35 pm

Hope to see the big fella there. He owes me a can of coke
morell
Coach

Postby morell » Mon May 10, 2021 10:25 am

Great day at Parks with a solid win in the As and lots of old faces for the past players, life members and sponsors day. The Doherty boys having a day out getting best, second best on their birthday. Both have come a long way, now part of the fabric of MPFC.

Disappointed to not see Rosco and get my can of coke but looking forward to his next TV spot.
morell
Coach

Postby Executive Member » Mon May 10, 2021 12:12 pm

BigShow23 wrote:
whufc wrote:Units giving Brahma a touch up apparently

Said it from the start the units won’t lose a game.
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby whufc » Mon May 10, 2021 2:30 pm

Have a sick daughter at home so have had the opportunity to watch the CU vs Greenacres game.

Was an interesting watch...…I know its only a small sample but I feel like from the couple of games of CU, BL, Greenacres I have seen that CU and Greenacres seem to have more structure and clearer strategy to how they want to play, looking to spread the play, switch and create slingshots in a very AFL style fashion. That takes nothing away from BL but from the small amount ive seen they play more on heart, skill and old skool ammo footy.

Going to be a real interesting finals series in this comp as it doesn't appear much separates them at all CU beat BL. BL just beat Greenacres, Greenacres beat CU.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2527 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Demon Juke » Mon May 10, 2021 5:14 pm

whufc wrote:Have a sick daughter at home so have had the opportunity to watch the CU vs Greenacres game.

Was an interesting watch...…I know its only a small sample but I feel like from the couple of games of CU, BL, Greenacres I have seen that CU and Greenacres seem to have more structure and clearer strategy to how they want to play, looking to spread the play, switch and create slingshots in a very AFL style fashion. That takes nothing away from BL but from the small amount ive seen they play more on heart, skill and old skool ammo footy.

Going to be a real interesting finals series in this comp as it doesn't appear much separates them at all CU beat BL. BL just beat Greenacres, Greenacres beat CU.

Greenacres played a defensive style, got the units on the counter attack. 5 goals into the wind in the first quarter that set them up for the game.( a couple from skill turnover with no pressure) Only kicked 6 more for the game, saying that in the units kick straight they still win. Not sure what is happening with Greenacres goal kicking, i am 100% sure Gibson kicked 2 goals in the first quarter but is listed as not kicking one goal.
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby whufc » Mon May 10, 2021 6:25 pm

Demon Juke wrote:
whufc wrote:Have a sick daughter at home so have had the opportunity to watch the CU vs Greenacres game.

Greenacres played a defensive style, got the units on the counter attack. 5 goals into the wind in the first quarter that set them up for the game.( a couple from skill turnover with no pressure) Only kicked 6 more for the game, saying that in the units kick straight they still win. Not sure what is happening with Greenacres goal kicking, i am 100% sure Gibson kicked 2 goals in the first quarter but is listed as not kicking one goal.

Yeah the big number 41 definitely kicked one in the first quarter but was not listed as kicking one, I looked it up as he was dominating and wanted to know who he was.

Yeah Greenacres were well drilled from what I could see looked like they had a zone defence they fell into and then when winning possession tried to switch and spread possession.
whufc
Coach

Postby Demon Juke » Mon May 10, 2021 9:27 pm

whufc wrote:
Demon Juke wrote:

Yeah the big number 41 definitely kicked one in the first quarter but was not listed as kicking one, I looked it up as he was dominating and wanted to know who he was.

Yeah Greenacres were well drilled from what I could see looked like they had a zone defence they fell into and then when winning possession tried to switch and spread possession.

Yeah Luke Copley is good player, watched him tear Hope Valley apart one day a few years go at Pooraka when he was a few years younger. The units had McIntyre up forward and that was about it. Put Dempsey, Lane, Porter up there gives a Greenacres a few more headaches to shut down and other lane in ruck, then you have Mark to put back in defence.
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby whufc » Tue May 11, 2021 7:40 am

Also noticed Tommy Hamilton didn't play either...….real handy bloke to have come back in.
whufc
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue May 11, 2021 10:01 am

I see Adam Freeman has jumped ship from Elizabeth to Central United also.. will be a handy inclusion.

Where is the loyalty though? Blokes sniff a possibility of a flag down the road and they all jump ship.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3998 times

Postby Eggy » Tue May 11, 2021 10:08 am

whufc wrote:Also noticed Tommy Hamilton didn't play either...….real handy bloke to have come back in.

Did he play 2’s ?
Eggy
Rookie

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby Eggy » Tue May 11, 2021 10:10 am

Demon Juke wrote:

11 goals in the shit conditions against a team that wasn’t going to lose a game this season at their home ground.... not a bad day I’d say especially when they win!
Eggy
Rookie

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue May 11, 2021 12:25 pm

Demon Juke wrote:Put Dempsey, Lane, Porter up there gives a Greenacres a few more headaches to shut down and other lane in ruck, then you have Mark to put back in defence.

Who makes way for those lads? Pretty tight squeeze on points at the moment, given Units still fielded 15pts Saturday.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby BenchedEagle » Tue May 11, 2021 2:22 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Demon Juke wrote:Put Dempsey, Lane, Porter up there gives a Greenacres a few more headaches to shut down and other lane in ruck, then you have Mark to put back in defence.

Who makes way for those lads? Pretty tight squeeze on points at the moment, given Units still fielded 15pts Saturday.
Lane and Porter 0 pointers.
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 50 times

Postby whufc » Tue May 11, 2021 2:31 pm

Eggy wrote:
whufc wrote:Also noticed Tommy Hamilton didn't play either...….real handy bloke to have come back in.

Did he play 2’s ?

Your right he did...geez there travelling well if he cant make their 1's.

I should try and get him out North...…….love the way the bloke plays.
whufc
Coach

Postby The Old Fellow » Tue May 11, 2021 3:34 pm

whufc wrote:
Eggy wrote:

Did he play 2’s ?

Your right he did...geez there travelling well if he cant make their 1's.

I should try and get him out North...…….love the way the bloke plays.

Points. Looking at previous games Hamilton is worth 1 point and the Units played with a full 15 points last Saturday.

If Freeman becomes a Unit he will add depth to their "B" grade as who would he kick out of the side as he has points.
The Old Fellow
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Postby The Bedge » Tue May 11, 2021 3:52 pm

The Old Fellow wrote:If Freeman becomes a Unit he will add depth to their "B" grade as who would he kick out of the side as he has points.

Freeman still has to be approved by Elizabeth, who are well within their rights to say no.. and then if they approve, he's still got to get approval from Brahma Lodge doesn't he given it's the same season?
The Bedge
Coach

Postby MarionPremers2018 » Tue May 11, 2021 4:31 pm

3 horse race in div7 I think. Greenacres beat Central United, Brahma lodge beat Greenacres, central United beat brahma lodge, will be intresting to see if the Raiders can improve in a lower div looking like they will struggle against the top 3 teams, keeping in mind brahma lodge had 16 players in the last Qtr when they played CU
MarionPremers2018

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby The Bedge » Tue May 11, 2021 5:43 pm

Speaking of Houghton.. was a brilliant sight Sunday having the players and coaching staff come into the Ingle Farm rooms for presentation, especially given they'd had a tough game in the U12's and the fact it was Mothers Day.

It's great to see relationships being formed amongst junior footy clubs.. Houghton doing good things.
The Bedge
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League