Adel Footy League- Women's

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: Adel Footy League- Women's

Postby Fools Gold » Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:21 pm

Have heard some comments about the Women's competition moving to 16-a-side next year? Any truth to this?
Fools Gold

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 20 times
Grassroots Team: Solomontown

Postby Executive Member » Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:33 pm

Fools Gold wrote:Have heard some comments about the Women's competition moving to 16-a-side next year? Any truth to this?

confirmed
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:39 pm

Bluedemon wrote:
the smokey wrote:Golden grove getting the chocolates in both games was a huge effort. Could have both men's and women's sides in Div 1 as of next year

Broadview, Payneham, Golden Grove and Goodwood Saints could have both Men and Women's teams in Division 1

The two teams starting with G have done an exceptional job rising up through the grades over the past few years
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby whufc » Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:21 pm

Executive Member wrote:
Fools Gold wrote:Have heard some comments about the Women's competition moving to 16-a-side next year? Any truth to this?

confirmed

Probably not the worst thing. I can many comps in particular country b grade comps moving to 16-a-side over the next 5 years.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Bedge » Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:51 pm

whufc wrote:
Executive Member wrote:

confirmed

Probably not the worst thing. I can many comps in particular country b grade comps moving to 16-a-side over the next 5 years.

Aligns with SANFLW
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4003 times

Postby whufc » Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:41 pm

The Bedge wrote:
whufc wrote:
Executive Member wrote:

confirmed

Aligns with SANFLW

Yeah makes sense to do it.

Do they take out a pocket at each end or do they do the wings. Personally i think its better when you play with 5 person forward lines rather than take away from the midfield.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Bluedemon » Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:58 pm

Hopefully with 16 a side might help to retain some teams for season 2024 than be lost
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Brodlach » Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:20 pm

Brodlach wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
Sticks28 wrote:They couldn't find a ground closer for Modbury & Woody South - St mary's is a fair distance for Modbury who finished 2nd on the ladder?

Wouldn't be many free grounds at the moment that are fenced and meet the league requirements to host a GF - it's still minor round footy for most the Men's comps.

No disrespect but how many people would they be expecting to pay? It’s a 10am game

Just read this on Facebook, wonder if they read my post ;)

There is a cost for entry to Preliminary and Grand Final matches and there are costs for a reason, most relatively, commercial reality.
The Adelaide Footy Men’s Competition has demanded a Grand Final gate fee whether it be Division 7 or Division 1 for some time and Women’s footy does not cost any less to facilitate than men’s.
We are acutely aware the cost may prohibit some from attending. But like any other organisation, The Adelaide Footy League has responsibilities to its member clubs and they are in part, financial responsibilities.
Other Leagues charge anything from $7 to $12 for every single round of the year including players to whom are playing that match.
They then charge for their finals series at a premium.
There will continue to be charges to attend Preliminary and Grand Finals hosted by the Adelaide Footy League and they are to dilute the charges being borne by our member clubs to continue providing a platform for young men and women to play the game.
There will be ZERO Tolerance for Swearing, threats or any act of aggressive behaviour towards Gate Keepers
Anyone acting in an aggressive manner will be denied entry.

PAYMENT METHOD – CASHLESS VENUES
Cashless entry ticketing only, no cash will be accepted. As part of our efforts to deliver more efficient service, the Adelaide Footy League is fully cashless for purchase of entry tickets. We accept payment via card only.
Major credit cards, debit cards, and mobile pay (Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay) are accepted. American Express not accepted.

Entry Fees for Preliminary Finals
Adults - $10
Concession - $5
U15 – Free (Or $5 concession)

Entry Fees for Grand Finals
Adults - $15
Concession - $5
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby gadj1976 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:50 pm

Brodlach wrote:
Brodlach wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
Sticks28 wrote:They couldn't find a ground closer for Modbury & Woody South - St mary's is a fair distance for Modbury who finished 2nd on the ladder?

Wouldn't be many free grounds at the moment that are fenced and meet the league requirements to host a GF - it's still minor round footy for most the Men's comps.

No disrespect but how many people would they be expecting to pay? It’s a 10am game

Just read this on Facebook, wonder if they read my post ;)

There is a cost for entry to Preliminary and Grand Final matches and there are costs for a reason, most relatively, commercial reality.
The Adelaide Footy Men’s Competition has demanded a Grand Final gate fee whether it be Division 7 or Division 1 for some time and Women’s footy does not cost any less to facilitate than men’s.
We are acutely aware the cost may prohibit some from attending. But like any other organisation, The Adelaide Footy League has responsibilities to its member clubs and they are in part, financial responsibilities.
Other Leagues charge anything from $7 to $12 for every single round of the year including players to whom are playing that match.
They then charge for their finals series at a premium.
There will continue to be charges to attend Preliminary and Grand Finals hosted by the Adelaide Footy League and they are to dilute the charges being borne by our member clubs to continue providing a platform for young men and women to play the game.
There will be ZERO Tolerance for Swearing, threats or any act of aggressive behaviour towards Gate Keepers
Anyone acting in an aggressive manner will be denied entry.

PAYMENT METHOD – CASHLESS VENUES
Cashless entry ticketing only, no cash will be accepted. As part of our efforts to deliver more efficient service, the Adelaide Footy League is fully cashless for purchase of entry tickets. We accept payment via card only.
Major credit cards, debit cards, and mobile pay (Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay) are accepted. American Express not accepted.

Entry Fees for Preliminary Finals
Adults - $10
Concession - $5

Entry Fees for Grand Finals
Adults - $15
Concession - $5

FMD, do they want people to rock up or not?
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:54 am

Still stuns me - and makes me laugh - that every year the same carry on & outrage about paying to get into finals occurs.

It’s been happening every year for as long as I can recall.. and reality is if you want to watch your kid / partner / parent / friend / aunt / uncle whatever.. you’ll pay the pissy entry fee asked and enjoy the day. Same as everyone else has done since Jesus was in primary school.

I’d gladly pay $15 for an opportunity to watch my club win a flag.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Shortman » Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:04 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Bluedemon wrote:
the smokey wrote:Golden grove getting the chocolates in both games was a huge effort. Could have both men's and women's sides in Div 1 as of next year

Broadview, Payneham, Golden Grove and Goodwood Saints could have both Men and Women's teams in Division 1

The two teams starting with G have done an exceptional job rising up through the grades over the past few years

Iggies have the last 2 years as well.

Not so much next season.
Shortman
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Postby Bluedemon » Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:52 am

It is a small price to pay to watch your team win.
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times

Postby jo172 » Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:45 pm

And if you lose the least disappointing thing about the day
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1199 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby gadj1976 » Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:19 pm

The Bedge wrote:Still stuns me - and makes me laugh - that every year the same carry on & outrage about paying to get into finals occurs.

It’s been happening every year for as long as I can recall.. and reality is if you want to watch your kid / partner / parent / friend / aunt / uncle whatever.. you’ll pay the pissy entry fee asked and enjoy the day. Same as everyone else has done since Jesus was in primary school.

It's not about that, it's about encouraging people who have no connection to the teams/sport to attend. I would think growing the sport is still important.

People with friends/relatives in the team will still pay or look to get a free ticket if they can, but others will stay away.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:25 pm

gadj1976 wrote:It's not about that, it's about encouraging people who have no connection to the teams/sport to attend. I would think growing the sport is still important.

Disagree.. they'll either go - or they wont.. the cost wont be a factor, and if it is, then you really don't have much interest in attending anyway.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Executive Member » Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:33 pm

gadj1976 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Still stuns me - and makes me laugh - that every year the same carry on & outrage about paying to get into finals occurs.

It's not about that, it's about encouraging people who have no connection to the teams/sport to attend. I would think growing the sport is still important.

People with friends/relatives in the team will still pay or look to get a free ticket if they can, but others will stay away.

encouraging people with no connection to the sport or the teams to attend with free entry - if they have no connection they would not think twice about going

Oh, i have nothing on i might randomly decide to attend a game of football that i have no interest in - but wait I have to pay, so now i wont go (say that in a Homer Simpson voice) ;)

that is one of the longest bows ever to be drawn here on this forum and that's saying something with some of the conspiracy theorists that live in :lol: here
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:54 pm

gadj1976 wrote:

You mean like people with no connection to clubs that go and start massive fights in the crowd, causing the game to be called off?

Yeah, that's what we want :roll:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Chappy » Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:14 am

Executive Member wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:

encouraging people with no connection to the sport or the teams to attend with free entry - if they have no connection they would not think twice about going

Oh, i have nothing on i might randomly decide to attend a game of football that i have no interest in - but wait I have to pay, so now i wont go (say that in a Homer Simpson voice) ;)

that is one of the longest bows ever to be drawn here on this forum and that's saying something with some of the conspiracy theorists that live in :lol: here

No issue with the payment, Would pay to see my club or Friends play every day of the week.
Having been around clubs that host finals, Its a lot of work to host them. The club deserves to benefit from this and for some teams it has a big impact on the club being feasible to run year to year.

However it will stop me wandering down to the local club I have no affiliation with for a footy fix. Unless I was allowed to use the joint bank account that has all my money :lol:
Chappy
Rookie

Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:58 am

Ultimately, if you have such a hard time comprehending on why you are paying $15 to enter (At most twice a year) then maybe you can help out your participating club on match days - Then it’s free to enter. I suspect the people who complain are far less likely to give a shit about anyone else but themselves let alone donate time to help out a club. People who have some sort of a clue on how their club and league operate have an understanding on why the league has to make money literally 2 weeks of the year.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 741 times

Postby Pag » Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:06 am

Showcase of that division/league for the year, of course there should be a cost greater than a regular season game. I've happily paid it to watch neutral finals/GFs in town and in the APFL, BL&G etc and will continue to if I think I'm getting a good game/brand of footy.

Imagine the economic stupidity if the AFL, NBA, NFL etc only charged the same for a GF/Finals/Superbowl as a regular season game. AdFL in the same boat just on a much smaller scale.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League