No votes
Westminster OS
3%

Total votes : 30

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 3

Postby Footy Chick » Sat May 28, 2022 10:55 pm

MoP wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
MoP wrote:Golden Grove B's are flying. Unbeaten in the past 30-odd games. Think their coach is under-rated and could easily be an A-Grade coach at another club.

Usually a tough side to beat in the minor rounds. Very beatable in grand finals 8)

Think you're getting confused with their A's. Dominate the minor rounds, then get knocked out in straight sets in the finals.

No, he's referring to 2013 when his side upset GG in the GF
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Observer55 » Sun May 29, 2022 11:40 am

The Bedge wrote:
Fools Gold wrote:CBC B Grade forfeiting this weekend

Just quietly though, so much focus and talk on umpires and lack thereof lately - blame placed largely on abuse.. but is that narrow sighted? We are seeing clubs week in week out this year battling with player commitment / availability.. people are just not as interested as they once were.

Maybe the same can be said for umpires - drive just isn't there - abuse aside.

Pay them accordingly, make it worthwhile and more people will do it. You have sides forking out $10k for a player or few over the year, but an umpire receiving $2k.
Observer55

Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Brodlach » Sun May 29, 2022 12:07 pm

They get paid more than at least 90% of the players, many get nothing.

Anyone who decides to umpire should expect this is going to happen, might not be right but it happens. Everyone on this forum or those who go to games have yelled at an umpire or questioned a decision, anyone that claims they haven’t are delusional
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun May 29, 2022 12:24 pm

Observer55 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Just quietly though, so much focus and talk on umpires and lack thereof lately - blame placed largely on abuse.. but is that narrow sighted? We are seeing clubs week in week out this year battling with player commitment / availability.. people are just not as interested as they once were.

Pay them accordingly, make it worthwhile and more people will do it. You have sides forking out $10k for a player or few over the year, but an umpire receiving $2k.

A lot of umpires do 2 games. Getting $250-300 clear on a Saturday for beer money is pretty good coin.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 740 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Fools Gold » Sun May 29, 2022 6:16 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
MoP wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
MoP wrote:Golden Grove B's are flying. Unbeaten in the past 30-odd games. Think their coach is under-rated and could easily be an A-Grade coach at another club.

Usually a tough side to beat in the minor rounds. Very beatable in grand finals 8)

Think you're getting confused with their A's. Dominate the minor rounds, then get knocked out in straight sets in the finals.

No, he's referring to 2013 when his side upset GG in the GF
Upset is a bit of a stretch. Both teams finished 17-1. Also only 3 players from that game still playing B Grade haha
Fools Gold

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 20 times
Grassroots Team: Solomontown

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:47 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:
Observer55 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

A lot of umpires do 2 games. Getting $250-300 clear on a Saturday for beer money is pretty good coin.

You think so? Travel time to and fro, required to be there 45 minutes prior to the start so potentially 7 hours of your Saturday gone to cop shit from pissed dickheads on the sidelines and most sides have at least a couple of blokes who sook whenever a free goes against them.

It isn't that appealing mate, chuck in a day like last Saturday when it's that freezing you don't know the difference between your nuts and your tonsils.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby commercial » Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:56 am

umpiring standard is an absolute disgrace, i totally understand everyone makes mistakes, including coaches and players but the umpiring across the divisions is just terrible.
commercial
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby Bluedemon » Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:52 pm

commercial wrote:umpiring standard is an absolute disgrace, i totally understand everyone makes mistakes, including coaches and players but the umpiring across the divisions is just terrible.

If you are concerned about it, take umpiring up and lift the standard then.
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby retired60 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:07 pm

Given we are 8 rounds in, and given you say across (all? ) divisions, you must be good at getting to numerous divisions and surely more than one game per division to make that sweeping generalisation
retired60

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby Yank Man » Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:41 pm

retired60 wrote:Given we are 8 rounds in, and given you say across (all? ) divisions, you must be good at getting to numerous divisions and surely more than one game per division to make that sweeping generalisation

I’d have to say that the umpires in Div 4 have been very good. They make the odd mistake but no where near as many as the players do. :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby jo172 » Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:28 pm

Without sounding like too much of a suckhole I think (with one nameless exception) the umpiring in D1 has been as good as I've ever seen it.

Of the half a dozen games i've seen so far I've left all but one of them without even thinking of them. Regrettably the other week was umpiring appreciation week but alas
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Oldboy » Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:31 pm

How do CBC go from forfeiting their B grade one week (the same week the c grade had a bye) to filling a C grade side the next week?
Looks like they are more focused on winning C grade games now!
Maybe the SES can use them in the next flood as extra sandbags?
Oldboy
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Gepps Cross

Postby Sticks28 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:37 pm

After 9 weeks of Div 3 footy you'd say GG will nearly go the whole year undefeated and clearly are the team to beat. Its a strange div this one - i can only see a few teams who might potentially challenge GG - Modbury, Flinders park & Edwardstown. Looks like the rest of the div are making up the numbers. Bit of a logjam for relegation battle - i would still think CBC & Scotch go down but Morphy park are a huge danger of going straight back down. They seem to be the biggest disappointment after all there signings pre-season & westminster have been another club who have had a strange year, been real competitive in most games but could potentially be battling for relegation.
Sticks28
Under 16s

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby Sass! » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:45 am

Sticks28 wrote:After 9 weeks of Div 3 footy you'd say GG will nearly go the whole year undefeated and clearly are the team to beat. Its a strange div this one - i can only see a few teams who might potentially challenge GG - Modbury, Flinders park & Edwardstown. Looks like the rest of the div are making up the numbers. Bit of a logjam for relegation battle - i would still think CBC & Scotch go down but Morphy park are a huge danger of going straight back down. They seem to be the biggest disappointment after all there signings pre-season & westminster have been another club who have had a strange year, been real competitive in most games but could potentially be battling for relegation.

A pretty spot on assessment i think. The relegation battle going to be very interesting, Scotch seem to have decent depth compared to some of the others battling it out which may be a point of difference in the heart of winter. I dont think Westminster go down, despite lacking depth they still have some decent top tier talent and also a unique home ground that is hard to play on as a visitor.

If Seaton can keep relatively healthy, i think they battle it out with Smosh for 5th. Flinders, Edwardstown and Modbury battle for 2nd to 4th.
Sass!
Under 16s

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Sticks28 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:35 am

Sass! wrote:
Sticks28 wrote:After 9 weeks of Div 3 footy you'd say GG will nearly go the whole year undefeated and clearly are the team to beat. Its a strange div this one - i can only see a few teams who might potentially challenge GG - Modbury, Flinders park & Edwardstown. Looks like the rest of the div are making up the numbers. Bit of a logjam for relegation battle - i would still think CBC & Scotch go down but Morphy park are a huge danger of going straight back down. They seem to be the biggest disappointment after all there signings pre-season & westminster have been another club who have had a strange year, been real competitive in most games but could potentially be battling for relegation.

A pretty spot on assessment i think. The relegation battle going to be very interesting, Scotch seem to have decent depth compared to some of the others battling it out which may be a point of difference in the heart of winter. I dont think Westminster go down, despite lacking depth they still have some decent top tier talent and also a unique home ground that is hard to play on as a visitor.

If Seaton can keep relatively healthy, i think they battle it out with Smosh for 5th. Flinders, Edwardstown and Modbury battle for 2nd to 4th.

Tough run home for Edwardstown too playing 6 out of the 9 games away - away against GG, Flinders & Modbury - Interesting second half of the season to come. GG don't lose at home, Modbury i don't believe have lost at home this year & Flinders at home only losing to GG.
Sticks28
Under 16s

Postby oldman » Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:01 am

Golden Grove's flag to loose this year after playing everyone nobody has got within 7 goals, they should be in Div2 anyway had it not been for the interrupted Covid years. Flinders Park are the obvious challenger with the top end talent to trouble GG but I'm not sure their last 5 picked each week are good enough up against GG. Edwardstown are in a similar position to FP and will be dangerous come finals especially if they hold on to the double chance. Modbury for mine have dropped a couple of games I thought they would win, however are still a real chance of getting the double chance and making a run at it. Seaton, SMOSH and Morphies are battling out for 5th and I expect Morphies to claim that spot with even luck in the run home. Interesting that the 3 Old Collegian clubs make up the bottom 3 and are in a fight to stay up. Westminster have been by far the most consistent and most competitive and should avoid relegation, which leaves Scotch and CBOC in the race for the spoon. CBOC will back themselves in to jump out of last spot handing the spoon to Scotch.
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby Under_Scrutiny » Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:37 pm

oldman wrote:Golden Grove's flag to loose this year after playing everyone nobody has got within 7 goals, they should be in Div2 anyway had it not been for the interrupted Covid years. Flinders Park are the obvious challenger with the top end talent to trouble GG but I'm not sure their last 5 picked each week are good enough up against GG. Edwardstown are in a similar position to FP and will be dangerous come finals especially if they hold on to the double chance. Modbury for mine have dropped a couple of games I thought they would win, however are still a real chance of getting the double chance and making a run at it. Seaton, SMOSH and Morphies are battling out for 5th and I expect Morphies to claim that spot with even luck in the run home. Interesting that the 3 Old Collegian clubs make up the bottom 3 and are in a fight to stay up. Westminster have been by far the most consistent and most competitive and should avoid relegation, which leaves Scotch and CBOC in the race for the spoon. CBOC will back themselves in to jump out of last spot handing the spoon to Scotch.

Fair assessment. GG would be the hottest flag fav in SAAFL and in the ideal world would be in Div 2. It's taken them a long time to get through the grades for the size of the suburb, but they just might eventually get to Div 1. Thought Scotch would do better than a wooden spoon this season.
Under_Scrutiny
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Hector » Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:43 pm

oldman wrote:Golden Grove's flag to loose this year after playing everyone nobody has got within 7 goals, they should be in Div2 anyway had it not been for the interrupted Covid years. Flinders Park are the obvious challenger with the top end talent to trouble GG but I'm not sure their last 5 picked each week are good enough up against GG. Edwardstown are in a similar position to FP and will be dangerous come finals especially if they hold on to the double chance. Modbury for mine have dropped a couple of games I thought they would win, however are still a real chance of getting the double chance and making a run at it. Seaton, SMOSH and Morphies are battling out for 5th and I expect Morphies to claim that spot with even luck in the run home. Interesting that the 3 Old Collegian clubs make up the bottom 3 and are in a fight to stay up. Westminster have been by far the most consistent and most competitive and should avoid relegation, which leaves Scotch and CBOC in the race for the spoon. CBOC will back themselves in to jump out of last spot handing the spoon to Scotch.

I did notice across all the Divs the College teams seem to be struggling. Of the 14 College teams, only 5 are currently in the top 5 (although 3 of them are top) and 5 would be relegated if season ended today.
Hector
Rookie

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 33 times

Postby Sticks28 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:51 am

Yeah GG would have to be $1.01 odds to make the granny - I saw that Jacob Templeton was playing on weekend and have heard that Josh Glenn will be playing for them round 18 once his suspension has ended.
Sticks28
Under 16s

Postby The Bedge » Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:04 am

Sticks28 wrote:have heard that Josh Glenn will be playing for them round 18 once his suspension has ended.

What's the point of coming back Rd 18 if you're ineligible to play finals?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3996 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League