Rosewater
12%
Trinity OS
61%

Total votes : 33

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 6

Postby Executive Member » Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:33 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Executive Member wrote:Think you have Para Hills wrong - they actually went into recess for a year IIRC

Rings a bell.. was that the year they were supposed to be D4? Then came back with half their GF side form 2015 in D7?

Brahma Lodge played in the GF in 2013 (got spanked by Plympton) and had 3 players return, was before the salary cap cam in and blokes like Tim Aloisi got offered over $800 a game in the country - they basically all got offered massive coin

$800 cash was the weekly amount Brahma Lodge was paying LOL - simply couldn't compete financially with those crazy sums

Went down to Div 5, cobbled two sides together and didn't win a game

Was also the same year where Kilburn copped beltings in Div 3 so Div 3 would've been a bigger joke if Brahma Lodge stayed up - although at least the Kilburn v Lodge game would've been competitive LOL
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:35 pm

2011 edition of D6 featured Kenilworth winning a flag over Glenunga.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby Down the Hill » Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:40 pm

Para Hills won the 2015 D5 Grand Final defeating CLG at St Marys Park. Should have been in D4 in 2016 but went into "recess" for that season.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 276 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby MoP » Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:28 pm

The Bedge wrote:2011 edition of D6 featured Kenilworth winning a flag over Glenunga.

Yeah, Rams were struggling back then - loitered around Divs 4,5,6 till 2017, then got on the promotion escalator. Great vision from the committee, but $$$, and players, from the exploding junior program certainly helped.

An un-named, former AFL player has also had a massive influence on the Club.
MoP
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 10 times

Postby Brodlach » Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:38 pm

I thought he was “pathetic”?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Yank Man » Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:51 pm

Down the Hill wrote:Para Hills won the 2015 D5 Grand Final defeating CLG at St Marys Park. Should have been in D4 in 2016 but went into "recess" for that season.

Correct, and half a dozen of their players went to Mitchell Park 2016 and played Div 7 under Tom Roberts, the Iions coach. Fantastic group of people back then, 1st to training last to leave. Attended every Mitchell Park functions in numbers.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby The Old Fellow » Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:36 pm

Did I read the Marion vs Units score correctly that there was no score in the last quarter? Did it go the distance or was there an issue?
The Old Fellow
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Postby Bluedemon » Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:32 pm

The Old Fellow wrote:Did I read the Marion vs Units score correctly that there was no score in the last quarter? Did it go the distance or was there an issue?

Surely they have missed a qtr score to input
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby rooman » Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:24 am

Bluedemon wrote:
The Old Fellow wrote:Did I read the Marion vs Units score correctly that there was no score in the last quarter? Did it go the distance or was there an issue?

Surely they have missed a qtr score to input

They missed the 1/2 time score. It was about 8 goals to 2 at 1/2 time.
rooman
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:58 am

Ladder after Round 14
26 - Trinity OS
20 - West Croydon
18 - Marion
13 - Central United
11 - Rosewater
-----------------------------

10 - Brahma Lodge
08 - Fitzroy
04 - Ingle Farm
02 - Para Hills

Round 15
West Croydon vs Marion
Central United vs Fitzroy
Ingle Farm vs Para Hills
Brahma Lodge vs Rosewater
Trinity - BYE

Well must say, pretty flat for a Monday morning. All last week was quietly confident the Farmers had been building and were cherry ripe to take a scalp. A win would've really given the club a genuine shot at avoiding relegation - alas Daniel Harris had other ideas, his 5 goals the difference between the two teams. His work rate and ability to read the play enabled him to either find space at important times, or create a mismatch - especially early in the last where he lost his direct opponent in traffic and marked at the top of the square against a much smaller opposition.

Trinity did Trinity things Saturday, and will enjoy a week off this weekend before commencing their last 3 matches before finals. With a ridiculous percentage and 3 game gap top spot is sewn up for the Tossers given West Croydon still have the bye to come.

Speaking of Hawks - this weeks match up against Marion should be a ripper. More on the line than just 2pts - the winner will most likely finish in 2nd spot and a coveted home final. Given these two will meet again week 1 of the finals, it could also serve to provide that mental advantage in the major round.

Log-jam for the next two spots, Units host Fitzroy this weekend - huge day for the club, celebrating 60yrs of existence but also a massive shout out to Nathan Fenwick who should run out for game 350. A one club man, now club games record holder - Fatwick has been a mainstay at the Units for what seems like forever. Wears his heart on his sleeve, gives everything he has plus some more, been there through the bad times and the good.. I'd argue no other Units player is more respected outside the club than Nathan. The hours he (and his wife) put in for both football and cricket are ridiculous! When we played them a few weeks ago, he goal umpired the B grade then ran boundary for A grade - this from the President and life member.. I seriously hope none of the Units faithful expect him to fulfil these duties this weekend - put your hand up and do a little for a man whose done a lot.

it's not all Units though, Fitzroy will be eager to spoil the day and keep their finals hopes alive. A win for the Roys will completely end any slim chance of finishing bottom two, and close them in on the top 5. With Brahma and Rosewater to play each other it's possible only 3pts will separate 4th - 6th.

Longer the season goes, the more valuable that ANZAC Day draw is looking.

Rosewater would need to get some cattle back to beat Brahma, but they probably have them covered for leg speed across the ground, so should be a very entertaining game.

Ingle Farm in the final match host Para Hills - two clubs a couple of kicks of the footy apart, struggling this season. Both would be eager to finish the season with some positivity and a win, and instill some hope and belief into the players and supporters, as well as making themselves a little more attractive for potential coaches for next season.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:40 pm

@bedge have you picked yourself up yet? Thought I saw you still on all fours in the goal square when I left on satdy night
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby whufc » Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:22 pm

The Bedge wrote:Ladder after Round 14
26 - Trinity OS
20 - West Croydon
18 - Marion
13 - Central United
11 - Rosewater
-----------------------------

10 - Brahma Lodge
08 - Fitzroy
04 - Ingle Farm
02 - Para Hills

Round 15
West Croydon vs Marion
Central United vs Fitzroy
Ingle Farm vs Para Hills
Brahma Lodge vs Rosewater
Trinity - BYE

Well must say, pretty flat for a Monday morning. All last week was quietly confident the Farmers had been building and were cherry ripe to take a scalp. A win would've really given the club a genuine shot at avoiding relegation - alas Daniel Harris had other ideas, his 5 goals the difference between the two teams. His work rate and ability to read the play enabled him to either find space at important times, or create a mismatch - especially early in the last where he lost his direct opponent in traffic and marked at the top of the square against a much smaller opposition.

Trinity did Trinity things Saturday, and will enjoy a week off this weekend before commencing their last 3 matches before finals. With a ridiculous percentage and 3 game gap top spot is sewn up for the Tossers given West Croydon still have the bye to come.

Speaking of Hawks - this weeks match up against Marion should be a ripper. More on the line than just 2pts - the winner will most likely finish in 2nd spot and a coveted home final. Given these two will meet again week 1 of the finals, it could also serve to provide that mental advantage in the major round.

Log-jam for the next two spots, Units host Fitzroy this weekend - huge day for the club, celebrating 60yrs of existence but also a massive shout out to Nathan Fenwick who should run out for game 350. A one club man, now club games record holder - Fatwick has been a mainstay at the Units for what seems like forever. Wears his heart on his sleeve, gives everything he has plus some more, been there through the bad times and the good.. I'd argue no other Units player is more respected outside the club than Nathan. The hours he (and his wife) put in for both football and cricket are ridiculous! When we played them a few weeks ago, he goal umpired the B grade then ran boundary for A grade - this from the President and life member.. I seriously hope none of the Units faithful expect him to fulfil these duties this weekend - put your hand up and do a little for a man whose done a lot.

it's not all Units though, Fitzroy will be eager to spoil the day and keep their finals hopes alive. A win for the Roys will completely end any slim chance of finishing bottom two, and close them in on the top 5. With Brahma and Rosewater to play each other it's possible only 3pts will separate 4th - 6th.

Longer the season goes, the more valuable that ANZAC Day draw is looking.

Rosewater would need to get some cattle back to beat Brahma, but they probably have them covered for leg speed across the ground, so should be a very entertaining game.

Ingle Farm in the final match host Para Hills - two clubs a couple of kicks of the footy apart, struggling this season. Both would be eager to finish the season with some positivity and a win, and instill some hope and belief into the players and supporters, as well as making themselves a little more attractive for potential coaches for next season.

Could be wrong but 99.9% certain Fenwick had one year at Eastern Park! ;) :lol:
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2529 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Bedge » Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:55 am

whufc wrote:Could be wrong but 99.9% certain Fenwick had one year at Eastern Park! ;) :lol:

Guess we all make mistakes.. glad Nathan was quick to fix his. 8)
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:56 am

Mr Beefy wrote:@bedge have you picked yourself up yet? Thought I saw you still on all fours in the goal square when I left on satdy night

:lol: :lol: Bloody hurt just quietly!
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:10 am

The Bedge wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:@bedge have you picked yourself up yet? Thought I saw you still on all fours in the goal square when I left on satdy night

:lol: :lol: Bloody hurt just quietly!

Was it your back? You looked in a world of hurt!
Mr Beefy
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:15 am

Mr Beefy wrote:Was it your back? You looked in a world of hurt!

Yeah back, must've been the way i was knocked or landed but it knocked the wind out of me and middle part of my back had real bad spasms. I went to stand up at first and went a little dizzy and didn't have great balance so figured i'd wait a few seconds until it relaxed. :lol:

Wasn't ideal, but ran off to Masters footy after at Henley - chucked some goanna cream on my back and was all good.. until Sunday :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:43 am

Ladder after Round 15
26 - Trinity OS
22 - West Croydon
18 - Marion
15 - Central United
12 - Brahma Lodge
------------------------------

11 - Rosewater
08 - Fitzroy
06 - Ingle Farm
02 - Para Hills

The run home:
Trinity OS: Brahma Lodge (H), Central United (A), West Croydon (H)
West Croydon: Fitzroy (A), BYE, Trinity OS (A)
Marion: Ingle Farm (H), Rosewater (A), Para Hills (H)
Central United: BYE, Trinity OS (H), Brahma Lodge (H)
Brahma Lodge: Trinity OS (A), Para Hills (H), Central United (A)
Rosewater: Para Hills (A), Marion (H), Fitzroy (A)
Fitzroy: West Croydon (H), Ingle Farm (A), Rosewater (H)
Ingle Farm: Marion (A), Fitzroy (H), BYE
Para Hills: Rosewater (H), Brahma Lodge (A), Marion (A)

Trinity cant lose top spot, even if they lose all three games, West Croydon with the bye in Rd 17 means they only have 4 points on offer to collect.

Hawks need to pick up one more win to lock away second spot though, Marion have a favorable draw the back 3 and will start heavy favorites in each to win comfortably.

Units 3pts back in 4th wont catch Marion, but will likely battle local rival Brahma Lodge in the last round to decide who hosts the home final week 1.

If Brahma win 1 of their last 3, they'll hold the door ajar for Rosewater to potentially sneak into the 5. Given the Bulldogs finish with two sides in the bottom half, it's not out the realms of possibility.

Fitzroy can still make a crack at the 5, but need to win all three and win them well.. on the flip side, lose all three and perhaps the Farmers have a sniff of staving off relegation.

To do so, the Farmers would need to knock off Marion on their deck this week, then get Fitzroy at home in their final match. Dropping to Marion will make it extremely hard - almost impossible to close the percentage gap on 'Roys.

Predicted Final Ladder:
Trinity OS
West Croydon
Marion
Central United
Brahma Lodge
-------------------
Fitzroy
Rosewater
Ingle Farm
Para Hills

D6R
Trinity OS
Marion
Central United
Rosewater
Brahma Lodge
---------------------
West Croydon
Fitzroy
Ingle Farm
Para Hills
The Bedge
Coach

Postby cracka » Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:28 pm

With only 9 teams in Div 6, shouldn't it just be the bottom side getting relegated
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 461 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:38 pm

cracka wrote:With only 9 teams in Div 6, shouldn't it just be the bottom side getting relegated

I think only if a new team comes into D6 or D7. there will be 8 in D7 and 9 in D6 again
Mr Beefy
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:43 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
cracka wrote:With only 9 teams in Div 6, shouldn't it just be the bottom side getting relegated

I think only if a new team comes into D6 or D7. there will be 8 in D7 and 9 in D6 again

Correct

8.3 The League retains the right to ensure that the lowest Mens “A” Division has a minimum of eight (8) teams by the following methods where the League has:
(a) sixty-nine (69) “A” Division teams the lowest “A” Division and Reserve Divisions will consist of nine (9) teams.
(b) sixty-eight (68) “A” Division teams the lowest “A” Division and Reserve Divisions will consist of eight (8) teams.
(c) sixty-seven (67) “A” Division teams the lowest “A” Division and Reserve Divisions will consist of eight teams and the second lowest “A” Division and Reserve Divisions will consist of nine (9) teams.
(d) Sixty-six (66) “A” Division teams the two (2) lowest “A” Division and Reserve Divisions will consist of eight (8) teams each.

Unless the GF from D7 elects not to go up, I would imagine it'll remain 2 up, 2 down.. and I can't see Greenacres or Houghton refusing a chance for promotion. Adelaide Lutheran the smoky in D7 - they might choose not to go up, but I guess we will have to wait and see.
The Bedge
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League