6%
Rosewater
12%
Trinity OS
61%

Total votes : 33

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 6

Postby The Bedge » Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:58 pm

Wounderworld wrote:After seeing recent events I hope Smithfield FC take legal action of some sort. If they say 45+ players have already made contact the league should at least look at the situation again

:shock: Be careful what you wish for.. I’d say the AdFL have a larger bucket of resources at its disposal than Smithfield. Also don’t be fooled and blur the lines between recent action against the AdFL at the tribunal as opposed to matters of the constitution.. one is ambiguous, one is not.

I fear you haven’t got a strong grasp of the rules & regs here - 45+ or not.. there’s a process, Smithfield are not a returning club, or a club that has dropped down to one grade - they’re effectively classed as a new club.

As for your earlier comment around supporting the Northern Suburbs clubs, one would argue that they’re protecting and supporting the interests of those in the North who stand to lose the most (Units, EP, Eliz).. same clubs that haven’t closed their doors during tough covid times.

Honestly, I reckon you’re pushing shit up hill to get Smithfield in for 2023.. and idle threats are not going to help the cause.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4000 times

Postby Wounderworld » Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:05 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Wounderworld wrote:After seeing recent events I hope Smithfield FC take legal action of some sort. If they say 45+ players have already made contact the league should at least look at the situation again

:shock: Be careful what you wish for.. I’d say the AdFL have a larger bucket of resources at its disposal than Smithfield. Also don’t be fooled and blur the lines between recent action against the AdFL at the tribunal as opposed to matters of the constitution.. one is ambiguous, one is not.

I fear you haven’t got a strong grasp of the rules & regs here - 45+ or not.. there’s a process, Smithfield are not a returning club, or a club that has dropped down to one grade - they’re effectively classed as a new club.

As for your earlier comment around supporting the Northern Suburbs clubs, one would argue that they’re protecting and supporting the interests of those in the North who stand to lose the most (Units, EP, Eliz).. same clubs that haven’t closed their doors during tough covid times.

Honestly, I reckon you’re pushing shit up hill to get Smithfield in for 2023.. and idle threats are not going to help the cause.

your anti northern suburbs and the whole concept of them rejoining 2-3 years all I've seen on here is your negativity brighten up sunshine you play for Ingle farm :lol:
Wounderworld
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby The Bedge » Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:05 pm

Wounderworld wrote:Let's be real here what's the big deal if Smithfield join back most of these players that are at Units. EP. Vale. Are from Smithfield FC

The big deal is weighing up the dilution of resources from other neighbouring clubs, and the increased risk appropriated with that. Also weighing up the sustainability and longevity of a return for not only SFC, but those clubs impacted by player loss.

Serves no value to the league to grant Smithies passage back in, if it compromises the safety and stability of existing clubs, and/or the integrity of the competition.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:08 pm

Wounderworld wrote:your anti northern suburbs and the whole concept of them rejoining 2-3 years all I've seen on here is your negativity brighten up sunshine you play for Ingle farm :lol:

Haha first time I’ve been called anti-northern suburbs :lol

On the contrary, I’m happy to fight the fight for all clubs north of Grand Junction Rd.

Yup, I’m tied up with Ingle Farm - currently scheduled to be relegated from D6.. we stand to gain the most from a Smithfield return from a club point of view, it would help keen us in D6.

I’m just being honest and straight with you - there’s no hate or anti Smithies sentiment here.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Wounderworld » Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:11 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Wounderworld wrote:your anti northern suburbs and the whole concept of them rejoining 2-3 years all I've seen on here is your negativity brighten up sunshine you play for Ingle farm :lol:

On the contrary, I’m happy to fight the fight for all clubs north of Grand Junction Rd.

Yup, I’m tied up with Ingle Farm - currently scheduled to be relegated from D6.. we stand to gain the most from a Smithfield return from a club point of view, it would help keen us in D6.

I’m just being honest and straight with you - there’s no hate or anti Smithies sentiment here.

Your on the right track with what your saying but from looking at the situation as a whole Smithfield FC are in a far better position then the likes of CU/Brahma even tho both have had on Field success
Wounderworld
Mini-League

Postby The Bedge » Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:19 pm

Perhaps true.. but they do have a spot in AdFL for 2023. :P
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Wounderworld » Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:17 pm

The Bedge wrote:Perhaps true.. but they do have a spot in AdFL for 2023. :P

2-3 years mark my words Central United won't exist unless they merge with another northern Club unfortunately the turnover of players will be a factor or players jumping ship for potential flags hopefully not the case but can see it happening
Wounderworld
Mini-League

Postby Sugma » Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:59 pm

Bedge if Ingle farm didn’t have a senior team next year, would you play some where else. Is so where would you go
Sugma
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: BMW

Postby cracka » Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:36 am

The Bedge wrote:

All those years at Pulteney have changed you :D
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 461 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby BenchedEagle » Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:37 am

Wounderworld wrote:
The Old Fellow wrote:
Wounderworld wrote:Let's be real here what's the big deal if Smithfield join back most of these players that are at Units. EP. Vale. Are from Smithfield FC if anything the league should be supporting northern suburb clubs that are in recess to rejoin

And where did Smithfield get them from as a lot of them didn't start there.

After seeing recent events I hope Smithfield FC take legal action of some sort. If they say 45+ players have already made contact the league should at least look at the situation again
45 blokes calling and sniffing around to see what moneys on offer doesn’t count toward a squad of 45, which btw is way too small for 2 competitive teams.
Unless the plan is to get in then sacrifice their Bs to floggings and possible forfeits until they have natural depth?

Be patient Smithfield, your not ready just yet.
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 50 times

Postby Brodlach » Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:04 am

Bedge = Snob
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby The Bedge » Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:28 am

Brodlach wrote:Bedge = Snob

Of the highest order. 8)
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:30 am

Wounderworld wrote:2-3 years mark my words Central United won't exist unless they merge with another northern Club unfortunately the turnover of players will be a factor or players jumping ship for potential flags hopefully not the case but can see it happening

Oh the irony of this comment is delicious :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:31 am

Sugma wrote:Bedge if Ingle farm didn’t have a senior team next year, would you play some where else. Is so where would you go

To the highest bidder of course! :lol:

Nah i'm at the wrong end of my playing time, so wrong person to ask - i'd probably go to Kilburn if i still had good years left in me.

Rest of Ingle Farm you'd find would disperse pretty evenly across Hope Valley, Modbury, Tea Tree Gully, Pooraka, Gepps Cross and Para Hills
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:34 am

BenchedEagle wrote:
Wounderworld wrote:
The Old Fellow wrote:
Wounderworld wrote:Let's be real here what's the big deal if Smithfield join back most of these players that are at Units. EP. Vale. Are from Smithfield FC if anything the league should be supporting northern suburb clubs that are in recess to rejoin

After seeing recent events I hope Smithfield FC take legal action of some sort. If they say 45+ players have already made contact the league should at least look at the situation again
45 blokes calling and sniffing around to see what moneys on offer doesn’t count toward a squad of 45, which btw is way too small for 2 competitive teams.
Unless the plan is to get in then sacrifice their Bs to floggings and possible forfeits until they have natural depth?

The league won't tick them off with 45 names so that is just a fictitious number being tossed around to get over two team thing, one would think that 60 is the magic number.

I'm not sure where you get your "not ready" thought from, they have an energetic committee, they have a strong junior representation, they had an under 16 side and I'm thinking that they'll have a very strong under 17.5 side next season.

From what I'm hearing, money won't be a driving factor for players returning, they will need to source sponsors very soon if they are to be splashing coin around.

If they have the players, they are ready, you will always be in for a bit of pain in the lowest grade when starting anything up, the B's have traditionally struggled for as long as I can remember.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:52 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:If they have the players, they are ready, you will always be in for a bit of pain in the lowest grade when starting anything up, the B's have traditionally struggled for as long as I can remember.

No one disputes that.. the question or barrier is whether the players they have ready are going to impact an existing club.

For instance, if they have 40 players ready to go and 20 come from Central United, and allowing that move means Units are forced into a position of recess then it ain't happening.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:01 pm

I actually don't even know why I've been caught up in this - truth is I couldn't give a **** either way. :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby BenchedEagle » Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:16 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
BenchedEagle wrote:
Wounderworld wrote:
The Old Fellow wrote:[quote="Wounderworld"]Let's be real here what's the big deal if Smithfield join back most of these players that are at Units. EP. Vale. Are from Smithfield FC if anything the league should be supporting northern suburb clubs that are in recess to rejoin

The league won't tick them off with 45 names so that is just a fictitious number being tossed around to get over two team thing, one would think that 60 is the magic number.

I'm not sure where you get your "not ready" thought from, they have an energetic committee, they have a strong junior representation, they had an under 16 side and I'm thinking that they'll have a very strong under 17.5 side next season.

From what I'm hearing, money won't be a driving factor for players returning, they will need to source sponsors very soon if they are to be splashing coin around.

If they have the players, they are ready, you will always be in for a bit of pain in the lowest grade when starting anything up, the B's have traditionally struggled for as long as I can remember.[/quote]That very strong 17.5s side should be their focus then or they will get diluted and half will end up playing 2 games to supplement the B grade.

Great for experience but not great for the kids having to back up from seniors the next day.
That side deserves to be successful and what better argument could you make to the league in 2024 that you have a premiership winning 17.5s team ready to shift into senior footy together..
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 50 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:31 pm

The Bedge wrote:I actually don't even know why I've been caught up in this - truth is I couldn't give a **** either way. :lol:

So you're not going to your interview? :lol: :lol:
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:34 pm

BenchedEagle wrote:That very strong 17.5s side should be their focus then or they will get diluted and half will end up playing 2 games to supplement the B grade.

Great for experience but not great for the kids having to back up from seniors the next day.
That side deserves to be successful and what better argument could you make to the league in 2024 that you have a premiership winning 17.5s team ready to shift into senior footy together..

We all did it back in the day nursing massive hangovers.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League