Trinity OS
61%

Total votes : 33

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 6

Postby Burner » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:06 pm

Brodlach wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Serious question

Is the TOS undefeated season in 2022 better than the Elizabeth undefeated season in 2021?

Not fair to try and compare undefeated seasons, they're both ridiculous achievements.. I didn't see D6 last year, but would think the competition for Elizabeth was tougher against TOS, BOS, St Paul's as opposed to this season.

Trinity B Grade back to back is a fair effort.

I didn’t phrase that well, was more so wondering who had the perceived tougher competition.

Elizabeth did ok in Div 5 this season but didn’t trouble too many of the top 6

Elizabeth beat premiers Hectorville, as well as Gepps Cross this year who only just missed out on promotion.

I think Div 6 seemed a stronger comp last year than this year with Elizabeth, St. Paul’s and Blackfriars all moving up.
Burner

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby Wounderworld » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:18 pm

interesting to see how Smithfield approach trying to rejoin Adelaide Footy League if they are successful will be a massive boost for the young kids in that area I'm hearing they had 10 junior sides this year it's a no brainer if they have U16s that's the next core of senior footballers compared to clubs like United/Brahma going nowhere anytime soon sad to say?
Wounderworld
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby JesseWhite » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:22 pm

Wounderworld wrote:interesting to see how Smithfield approach trying to rejoin Adelaide Footy League if they are successful will be a massive boost for the young kids in that area I'm hearing they had 10 junior sides this year it's a no brainer if they have U16s that's the next core of senior footballers compared to a club like central United/Brahma Lodge going nowhere anytime soon sad to say?

You definitely don't have a bone to pick...

Kernahan basically said it wont happen for 2023

“If Smithfield is to return, it cannot be at the demise of neighbouring and existing member clubs – it serves no purpose to grant it a spot if it means a Central United, Eastern Park or Brahma Lodge are forced into recess at worse or diluting viability at best because their players are enticed to a new club.”

Smithfield will continue to push for eligibility ahead of season 2023.

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenge ... 6813e82ef2
JesseWhite
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 12 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:34 pm

Wounderworld wrote:interesting to see how Smithfield approach trying to rejoin Adelaide Footy League if they are successful will be a massive boost for the young kids in that area

How so? Eastern Park, Elizabeth, Angle Vale all within a stones throw - it's not like kids don't have somewhere to play.

Wounderworld wrote:it's a no brainer if they have U16s that's the next core of senior footballers

Then perhaps Smithfield's best chance of a return comes in a year or two when those 16's finish up juniors and can transition into seniors straight away.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4001 times

2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 6

Postby BenchedEagle » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:53 pm

Its great what they are doing out there with juniors but they have to be patient and let it form naturally.

They will get 17.5s next season and the year after they should try form a squad built off of that side.

The names they are chasing after are not enough, they will end up with a B grade getting flogged again, resulting in the bottom half of your list losing interest and leaves and your back to square 1.
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 50 times

Postby Wounderworld » Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:10 pm

Time will tell I guess credit to the people trying to restart the engine up at Smithfield
Wounderworld
Mini-League

Postby The Bedge » Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:50 pm

Wounderworld wrote:Time will tell I guess credit to the people trying to restart the engine up at Smithfield

Nah. The collective sympathy / support / credit towards Smithfield “restarting the engine” is gone. How many times do you need to “restart” and fight back from no seniors?

It’s harsh, but the reality is no one could care less if Smithfield returned or not - and if their application went to a vote at the AGM like Salisbury West a couple years ago, I fear it wouldn’t end well.

Feel bad saying it because I like Smithfield and the people I’ve met out there over the journey.

I think they can return, but as mentioned in a previous post would need to be in a couple years when the kids are ready - not off the back of returning overaged blokes at the end of their playing time.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:11 pm

I think it needs combination of the old heads coming back and the juniors being ready to commence seniors.

If you try and build a team on purely juniors it’s going to be a challenge especially if the lower divs of amateur footy where games are more scrappier. If the juniors get belted each week to start with how many will stay on…the good ones will go to clubs in high divisions and the ones that struggle will quit.

For it to work IMO they are going to need an even split of old heads finishing of at the club and the juniors coming through.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Wounderworld » Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:12 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Wounderworld wrote:Time will tell I guess credit to the people trying to restart the engine up at Smithfield

Nah. The collective sympathy / support / credit towards Smithfield “restarting the engine” is gone. How many times do you need to “restart” and fight back from no seniors?

It’s harsh, but the reality is no one could care less if Smithfield returned or not - and if their application went to a vote at the AGM like Salisbury West a couple years ago, I fear it wouldn’t end well.

Feel bad saying it because I like Smithfield and the people I’ve met out there over the journey.

I think they can return, but as mentioned in a previous post would need to be in a couple years when the kids are ready - not off the back of returning overaged blokes at the end of their playing time.[/quotei

I understand completely what your saying having the same individuals return its like a cycle that doesn't really work when most are age 30+ but then again it could benefit the young lads having older experience around because at the end of the day it's now or never these kids won't stick around we have seen it time and time again
Wounderworld
Mini-League

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:01 pm

You can have as many names as you want on paper, however until they are cleared to your club it means nothing unfortunately. Clubs are well within their right to uphold the 3 player max rule per club if they wish to do so and that was bought in for this reason. Smithfield will be waiting a bit longer is my personal view.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 741 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby scottroo » Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:32 pm

Returning players (25 games) aren’t included in the 3 player rule.

Reckon it’s 3 points players plus 2? Zero pointers and as many returners as you like
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby The Bedge » Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:04 am

If Smithfield were to return, and the players went back who have been rumored to be heading back.. would anyone complain if they were slotted into D5 instead of West Croydon?

Their proposed players are too good for D7, not good enough for D5.. don't want them getting a free ride and/or easy flag by grading lower - let them do it tough in D5 first - see how committed they are from there.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:21 am

The Bedge wrote:If Smithfield were to return, and the players went back who have been rumored to be heading back.. would anyone complain if they were slotted into D5 instead of West Croydon?

Their proposed players are too good for D7, not good enough for D5.. don't want them getting a free ride and/or easy flag by grading lower - let them do it tough in D5 first - see how committed they are from there.

West Croydon might....
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Burner » Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:50 am

The Bedge wrote:If Smithfield were to return, and the players went back who have been rumored to be heading back.. would anyone complain if they were slotted into D5 instead of West Croydon?

Who are the proposed players?
Burner

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby Sugma » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:44 pm

West Croydon deserve to go to div 5, they don’t deserve to stay in div 6 for an easy ride again
Sugma
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: BMW

Postby The Bedge » Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:16 pm

Sugma wrote:West Croydon deserve to go to div 5, they don’t deserve to stay in div 6 for an easy ride again

Exactly. :lol:

Dropped down from D5.. now have "earned to right" to go back up, and have made no qualms that was their intention.. so now they want to be in D5, leave them in D6 another year. :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Sugma » Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:16 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Sugma wrote:West Croydon deserve to go to div 5, they don’t deserve to stay in div 6 for an easy ride again

Exactly. :lol:

Dropped down from D5.. now have "earned to right" to go back up, and have made no qualms that was their intention.. so now they want to be in D5, leave them in D6 another year. :lol:

Let them go to div 5 and they will hardly win a game.
Chuck Smithfield In div6 to make it a 10 team comp
Sugma
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: BMW

Postby Wounderworld » Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:55 pm

Let's be real here what's the big deal if Smithfield join back most of these players that are at Units. EP. Vale. Are from Smithfield FC if anything the league should be supporting northern suburb clubs that are in recess to rejoin
Wounderworld
Mini-League

Postby The Old Fellow » Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:33 pm

Wounderworld wrote:Let's be real here what's the big deal if Smithfield join back most of these players that are at Units. EP. Vale. Are from Smithfield FC if anything the league should be supporting northern suburb clubs that are in recess to rejoin

And where did Smithfield get them from as a lot of them didn't start there.
The Old Fellow
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Postby Wounderworld » Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:16 pm

The Old Fellow wrote:
Wounderworld wrote:Let's be real here what's the big deal if Smithfield join back most of these players that are at Units. EP. Vale. Are from Smithfield FC if anything the league should be supporting northern suburb clubs that are in recess to rejoin

And where did Smithfield get them from as a lot of them didn't start there.

After seeing recent events I hope Smithfield FC take legal action of some sort. If they say 45+ players have already made contact the league should at least look at the situation again
Wounderworld
Mini-League

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League