Postby Sticks28 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:33 pm

Is this being mandated is it?
Sticks28
Under 16s

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 19 times

Re: No Jab No Play

Postby harambe1 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:50 pm

is the league going to assume responsibility for any side effects? or are they going to normalise myocarditis and pericarditis in healthy young athletes?
harambe1
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:00 pm

Adelaide Footy League boss John Kernahan says the competition will implement a no jab, no play Covid-19 vaccine policy if directed to by the SANFL and SA Health officials.

The competition already has a no jab, no entry policy in place for league offices as per duty of care for its staff but is waiting on guidance regarding players and club staff.

Kernahan said he would be happy to work alongside the SANFL regarding a policy.

“If the last two seasons have taught us anything with regards to Covid it is to not plan too far ahead but this is one issue we are happy to collaborate with the SANFL on,” Kernahan said.

“Generally speaking, we are pro-choice but in parallel with that, if there are consequences of choosing not to be vaccinated and it includes not playing footy, then so be it.”

Kernahan, on behalf of the Adelaide Footy League, sent an update to all clubs on Friday, in it stating “we are at least open to it (a policy) being mandated in the near future”.

However, he has also expressed the competition’s frustration at the decision being left to local organisations.

“It is unfortunate something like this is being left to the SANFL rather than it being a universal directive from the State Government or SA Health that all can refer to whether that be education, industry or recreation, otherwise we’re all marching to a different beat,” Kernahan said.

“It seems to me the South Australian community at least by majority is screaming out for some direction even if only due to 80 per cent of the population being vaccinated by choice in any event.

“The clubs are very aware this isn’t necessarily an agenda item we can solve on our own and the league is only a microcosm of the wider community.”

Reigning division one premiers Prince Alfred Old Collegians said it would accept any directive from the league.

“The club will wait for direction from the ADFL, which we understand is dealing with the SANFL and other competitions,” co-chairman Tim Hall said.

“We are looking forward to completing the full season without disruption through Covid.”

Reds star player and competition best and fairest Jack Trengove was also eager to get a full season under his belt.

“I just hope we can get back to playing footy seasons that are as normal as possible again,” he said.

“Getting through a full season uninterrupted is the ultimate goal, and doing whatever is required to ensure that happens safely is what myself and the whole football club will be doing.”

An imminent decision and announcement by the SANFL is expected – with guidelines for local community competitions expected to be included.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:37 am

How the hell will they police it?

Get ready for players playing under different names
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby jo172 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:57 am

amber_fluid wrote:How the hell will they police it?

Would have thought linking your vaccine certificate to your registration would be pretty simple.

Can't see any club worth it's salt playing a player under a false name in any circumstances, let alone one to deliberately circumvent a rule.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:06 am

jo172 wrote:

Would have thought linking your vaccine certificate to your registration would be pretty simple.

Can't see any club worth it's salt playing a player under a false name in any circumstances, let alone one to deliberately circumvent a rule.

Some clubs still struggle to register player points correctly.
This will just add to their confusion.

The league has never been stronger or better run I just hope this doesn’t send them backwards with this.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:18 am

jo172 wrote:

I'm led to believe, that at this stage you cannot add files to a player's registration record in playhq, and who has a hard copy certificate to scan.
And I would think linking vax certificate to rego is anything but simple. Health information is private and, as you would know, can only be accessed by authorised users. So you would need the player to put in their medicare/gov.au log in credentials - cant see it happening
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby jo172 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:37 am

I've got a pdf of mine I could send to the League right now.

If that was a condition of registration I fail to see why it would be difficult/impossible to overcome?
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:41 am

jo172 wrote:I've got a pdf of mine I could send to the League right now.

If that was a condition of registration I fail to see why it would be difficult/impossible to overcome?

You’ve got half a brain though ;)
For some it will all be too hard and easier not to play.
Hopefully I’m wrong
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:29 am

Is Mrs jo letting you play again?

What about after game beers where you really do the self harm?
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:36 am

I dont have one, I'm sure I could work out how to get one but I'm pretty sure some people couldn't.
You think the league will be the ones ensuring every player has a certificate?
Mr Beefy
Coach

Postby jo172 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:39 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:

Is Mrs jo letting you play again

What about after game beers where you really do the self harm?

Not in a million years.

As to the self harm aspect, this has never been properly considered in moving C Grade games from 2:15 to 10:15. The extra 5 hours of drinking each Saturday posed far more danger to my health than any game of football. Did keep doctors in business from time to time though.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Dutchy » Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:39 am

Its attached to your check in app so Id suspect that before taking the field in each game each player/coach will need to check in at the venue.

SO you can register to play without confirming but you cant actually play without showing proof
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:48 am

Dutchy wrote:Its attached to your check in app so Id suspect that before taking the field in each game each player/coach will need to check in at the venue.

SO you can register to play without confirming but you cant actually play without showing proof

Some people dont use the check in app...they dont want the govt tracking them @-)
Mr Beefy
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:53 am

Perhaps they'll just add a custom section to the registration form where players need to enter their vaccination status/dates/vaccine.

Those who haven't vaccinated, tick no, and are flagged at club/league level to follow up.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:02 am

The Bedge wrote:Perhaps they'll just add a custom section to the registration form where players need to enter their vaccination status/dates/vaccine.

Those who haven't vaccinated, tick no, and are flagged at club/league level to follow up.

Good luck to the person following that up
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:57 am

amber_fluid wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Perhaps they'll just add a custom section to the registration form where players need to enter their vaccination status/dates/vaccine.

Good luck to the person following that up

Well it's simple, they'll be unable to be selected in games until that information is updated - just stuck in limbo.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby gadj1976 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:14 pm

Bad timing. It would've been better being introduced a few weeks ago IMO. That way clubs could've built that into their selection criteria when interviewing players or finding out if their existing players would need to be replaced.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:30 pm

gadj1976 wrote:Bad timing. It would've been better being introduced a few weeks ago IMO. That way clubs could've built that into their selection criteria when interviewing players or finding out if their existing players would need to be replaced.

It hasnt actually been introduced.... yet
Mr Beefy
Coach

Next

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League