No votes
Walkerville
4%

Total votes : 25

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 4

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun May 28, 2023 10:38 am

Broken Down Hack wrote:I'm all for discipline, and well done to Kenilworth
who used the ball better, but one umpire completely over officiated
the game and was yellow card happy, players being sent off for ,saying things like
"you're joking" or "you're kidding me" make footy no fun to watch anymore.
Players and spectators totally confused by both sides today to say the least.

2 blokes got sent off in the last for dangerous tackles from what I saw - Must admit the second one was a bit stiff when watching replays. There was a fair bit of chirp going on out there when watching the game away from the crowd it was clear to hear and that never ends well.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Broken Down Hack » Sun May 28, 2023 11:11 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:
the game and was yellow card happy, players being sent off for ,saying things like

2 blokes got sent off in the last for dangerous tackles from what I saw - Must admit the second one was a bit stiff when watching replays. There was a fair bit of chirp going on out there when watching the game away from the crowd it was clear to hear and that never ends well.

That's what I'm saying, no abuse, no threats, just a power trip off am umpire who all game frustrated players from both side with
his calls, this is A grade footy not U'14's, yes discipline is key, but sending players off like willy nilly is just not right,
Funny how no one had any issues with other ump, just this bloke. Anyone that watched the game could see that either this guy had a bad day or is not up to the level for A grade footy. Give the free or 50 yes, then let coach deal with it because of a bit off chirp, not the ump unless abuse or threats.
Broken Down Hack
Rookie

Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 15 times

Postby Chappy » Mon May 29, 2023 9:17 am

Broken Down Hack wrote:

That's what I'm saying, no abuse, no threats, just a power trip off am umpire who all game frustrated players from both side with
his calls, this is A grade footy not U'14's, yes discipline is key, but sending players off like willy nilly is just not right,
Funny how no one had any issues with other ump, just this bloke. Anyone that watched the game could see that either this guy had a bad day or is not up to the level for A grade footy. Give the free or 50 yes, then let coach deal with it because of a bit off chirp, not the ump unless abuse or threats.

If you decide to use your brain, you should shut up pretty quick. Then their is no issue!
Chappy
Rookie

Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Sticks28 » Mon May 29, 2023 9:55 am

Pooraka with another large win - looks like them and lockleys are the 2 teams to beat. Relegation battle in a couple weeks between mitcham v walkerville - the gap between 7th and 9th is getting larger & larger.
Sticks28
Under 16s

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby Password Please » Mon May 29, 2023 5:46 pm

Sticks28 wrote:Pooraka with another large win - looks like them and lockleys are the 2 teams to beat. Relegation battle in a couple weeks between mitcham v walkerville - the gap between 7th and 9th is getting larger & larger.

Pooraka are ok, a lot to work on to be honest and there are many worthy contenders, there are a few things that will play out that could hurt their position on the ladder come the end of the season. Mitcham had a fair crack in the third 1/4 to their credit and have some very good players.
Password Please

Has liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Pooraka

Postby Password Please » Mon May 29, 2023 5:50 pm

Killa wrote:
Password Please wrote:I've seen some terrible umpiring in my time but the CBC v Pooraka game on the weekend takes the cake, there would not be one CBC fan or player that could dispute it.
Take while you can i guess.
Can't wait for the return bout at Pooraka.
Play on.

:-({|=

What happened at Hectorville Killa ?
Umpiring fair was It ?
Password Please

Postby Killa » Tue May 30, 2023 3:22 pm

Password Please wrote:
Killa wrote:
Password Please wrote:I've seen some terrible umpiring in my time but the CBC v Pooraka game on the weekend takes the cake, there would not be one CBC fan or player that could dispute it.
Play on.

Umpiring fair was It ?

I would not know. Teams do not lose games because umpiring.
Killa
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: South Augusta

Postby WHEELS&DEALS » Tue May 30, 2023 5:35 pm

The second one you thought was a bit stiff got 4 games, yellow card was upgraded by MRP. Umpiring was ordinary from the start and only got worse as the game went on. Our boys should have just shut there mouths and got on with the game. Well done to Kenilworth, better team on the day.
WHEELS&DEALS
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby Password Please » Tue May 30, 2023 7:25 pm

Killa wrote:
Password Please wrote:
Killa wrote:
Play on.

Umpiring fair was It ?

I would not know. Teams do not lose games because umpiring.

That's rubbish.
Password Please

Postby Yank Man » Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:51 pm

Password Please wrote:
Sticks28 wrote:Pooraka with another large win - looks like them and lockleys are the 2 teams to beat. Relegation battle in a couple weeks between mitcham v walkerville - the gap between 7th and 9th is getting larger & larger.

Pooraka are ok, a lot to work on to be honest and there are many worthy contenders, there are a few things that will play out that could hurt their position on the ladder come the end of the season. Mitcham had a fair crack in the third 1/4 to their credit and have some very good players.

You must have worked really hard on it this week with a massive 21 goal win over a premiership favourite. One quarter successes for Mitcham is below par, but four quarter efforts…Nek Minnet :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Broken Down Hack » Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:12 pm

Yank Man wrote:
Password Please wrote:

You must have worked really hard on it this week with a massive 21 goal win over a premiership favourite. One quarter successes for Mitcham is below par, but four quarter efforts…Nek Minnet :D

Can't consider Roos as premiership favourite, lost 12 players from premiership in 21, another 2 this yr, and 2 major outs for season through injury, a lot off young lads being given a go after sitting on pine for nearly all game last year, New coach is doing great job, with a game plan that's has been missing last two years, hopefully players back next cple of weeks, but a year of developing young players.
Broken Down Hack
Rookie

Has liked: 49 times

Postby Chappy » Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:08 am

Very Hostile environment out at Lockleys on Saturday. Fantastic rivalry building between Kenilworth and Lockleys. The Balcony was well and truly up and about. Tough Wet, Windy conditions but all that considered was fantastic to watch, both teams wanted that W badly
Chappy
Rookie

Postby Sticks28 » Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:10 am

What a tight comp this one is - nearly at the halfway mark & pooraka appear to be the stand out. Super super tight from 3rd to 8th - anyone could squeeze into this top 5. Appears that portland & mitcham look the likely to get relegated which is super suprising to see mitcham down there. Gonna be a great second half of the year.
Sticks28
Under 16s

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Mon Jun 19, 2023 2:16 pm

Chappy wrote:Very Hostile environment out at Lockleys on Saturday. Fantastic rivalry building between Kenilworth and Lockleys. The Balcony was well and truly up and about. Tough Wet, Windy conditions but all that considered was fantastic to watch, both teams wanted that W badly

The rivalry since 2020 in particular has been outstanding. Whilst Lockleys have numerous premierships across the grades (just one would be nice :) ) it has been a very tough slog in most of those games - In particular the A’s. Can’t fault the effort and output of our boys each week in most of our games this year and they absolutely leave everything out on the ground. Personally think the coaching crew are doing an outstanding job thus far.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby Bluedemon » Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:08 pm

Chappy wrote:Very Hostile environment out at Lockleys on Saturday. Fantastic rivalry building between Kenilworth and Lockleys. The Balcony was well and truly up and about. Tough Wet, Windy conditions but all that considered was fantastic to watch, both teams wanted that W badly

The rivalry since 2020 in particular has been outstanding. Whilst Lockleys have numerous premierships across the grades (just one would be nice :) ) it has been a very tough slog in most of those games - In particular the A’s. Can’t fault the effort and output of our boys each week in most of our games this year and they absolutely leave everything out on the ground. Personally think the coaching crew are doing an outstanding job thus far.

Totally Agree LK
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 96 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:55 pm

Sticks28 wrote:What a tight comp this one is - nearly at the halfway mark & pooraka appear to be the stand out. Super super tight from 3rd to 8th - anyone could squeeze into this top 5. Appears that portland & mitcham look the likely to get relegated which is super suprising to see mitcham down there. Gonna be a great second half of the year.

Portland you'd say yes, but I wouldn't be writing off Mitcham just yet - seem to be the masters of having big 2nd half of the season and either avoiding relegation or scrapping into the 5.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Yank Man » Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:06 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Sticks28 wrote:What a tight comp this one is - nearly at the halfway mark & pooraka appear to be the stand out. Super super tight from 3rd to 8th - anyone could squeeze into this top 5. Appears that portland & mitcham look the likely to get relegated which is super suprising to see mitcham down there. Gonna be a great second half of the year.

Portland you'd say yes, but I wouldn't be writing off Mitcham just yet - seem to be the masters of having big 2nd half of the season and either avoiding relegation or scrapping into the 5.

I actually don’t think there is much between 3rd and 9th. Anyone can win and it gets back to attitude and injured players and maybe a little luck on the day. Mitcham’s slow starts are hurting them, you just can’t keep chasing the game.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:48 pm

Yank Man wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

I actually don’t think there is much between 3rd and 9th. Anyone can win and it gets back to attitude and injured players and maybe a little luck on the day. Mitcham’s slow starts are hurting them, you just can’t keep chasing the game.

Plympton and CBC on their day are a level above that 3-9 group you mention imo - They have another gear however can be inconsistent.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby Password Please » Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:52 pm

Yank Man wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Time will tell with the Bulls, just need to hold a double chance.
Lots to play out in the next few weeks which will set the tone.
Comp is wide open.
Password Please

Postby Chappy » Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:03 am

Yank Man wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Agree, Mitcham are definitely not out of the race for survival. They are very competitive, reasons in their control has cost them a couple games. If they get it under control they are dangerous (especially to the mid pack). Notice Portland were competitive, at least on the scoreboard against Walkies. That's good for the Div if it maintains (hopefully not this weekend though :lol: )
Chappy
Rookie

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League