West Croydon
No votes
Woodville South
5%

Total votes : 42

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 5

Postby The Bedge » Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:32 am

Footy Chick wrote:
The Bedge wrote:If what i'm hearing is correct, it's just the tip of the iceberg with Pulteney.. the Blues loading up ready to go BANG over the next few weeks heading in towards Christmas..

WIth all these Taj Mahals going up everywhere (including Luthies, eventually) i don't understand why Pulteney (either the school or the club) hasn't applied to council for an upgrade to the building.

With the amount of use it would get in both summer and winter, it's mind boggling that it hasn't come up.

Also given that the public toilets in the playground appear to be closed as well..

I know trying to negotiate with ACC in near on impossible at times but considering those facilities haven't been updated in around 50 years, it's time.

What makes you think they haven’t tried?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4003 times

Postby zedman » Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:53 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
The Bedge wrote:If what i'm hearing is correct, it's just the tip of the iceberg with Pulteney.. the Blues loading up ready to go BANG over the next few weeks heading in towards Christmas..

WIth all these Taj Mahals going up everywhere (including Luthies, eventually) i don't understand why Pulteney (either the school or the club) hasn't applied to council for an upgrade to the building.

With the amount of use it would get in both summer and winter, it's mind boggling that it hasn't come up.

Also given that the public toilets in the playground appear to be closed as well..

I know trying to negotiate with ACC in near on impossible at times but considering those facilities haven't been updated in around 50 years, it's time.

used them twice on sunday, they are working, pretty music inside as well.. 8)
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1079 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:37 pm

Footy Chick wrote:

Start now and get them finished for the 2050 season
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 720 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby heater31 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:38 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

Been trying for more than 20 years!
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Sass! » Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:51 pm

heater31 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

Doesnt help when the Lord Mayor openly states that she doesnt really value sport, hence not seen as a priority in her eyes.

Nothing frustrates me more than seeing these crumbling facilities in beautiful parklands and knowing how much of an impact it would have on use of the greenspace if they were invested in. Whether you like sport or not, it should be a basic right for facilities to be inclusive regardless of sex or disability.

I feel like the tide is turning but not without ongoing opposition.
Sass!
Under 16s

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby heater31 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:09 pm

Sass! wrote:
heater31 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:[quote="The Bedge"]If what i'm hearing is correct, it's just the tip of the iceberg with Pulteney.. the Blues loading up ready to go BANG over the next few weeks heading in towards Christmas..

Doesnt help when the Lord Mayor openly states that she doesnt really value sport, hence not seen as a priority in her eyes.

Nothing frustrates me more than seeing these crumbling facilities in beautiful parklands and knowing how much of an impact it would have on use of the greenspace if they were invested in. Whether you like sport or not, it should be a basic right for facilities to be inclusive regardless of sex or disability.

I feel like the tide is turning but not without ongoing opposition.[/quote]Even the level of Government above this is scared of them. What hope do Community Sports clubs have!
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:04 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

Normally these things come up in council meeting notes etc and then flows through the grapevine
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:06 pm

zedman wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

used them twice on sunday, they are working, pretty music inside as well.. 8)

The toilets in the old building? Well at least they finished those, mind you, it's been 12 month since i've been there :lol:

I know it'll be a slog but PAOC finally got upgrades and Luthies are getting a Taj Mahal, so i don't see why a corporation as influential and wealthy as Pulteney Grammar can't come to agreement with council.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Bluedemon » Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:35 am

Luthies Taj Mahal hasnt been given the green light to start yet
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Jimmy_041 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:51 am

Footy Chick wrote:The toilets in the old building? Well at least they finished those, mind you, it's been 12 month since i've been there :lol:

I know it'll be a slog but PAOC finally got upgrades and Luthies are getting a Taj Mahal, so i don't see why a corporation as influential and wealthy as Pulteney Grammar can't come to agreement with council.

Good luck with the negotiations.
I wasn't part of the process but heard some pretty interesting stories

One of the best was the ACC had non-native itchy pod trees (Lagunaria patersonia) in the asset register and we were charged the asset value for us to remove them. I cant remember the actual value but I'll take a guess at $3,000 per tree
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 720 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League