5%
West Croydon
No votes
Woodville South
5%

Total votes : 42

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 5

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:07 pm

scottroo wrote:Has someone got a hold of big shreks phone today?

That’s possibly the nicest thing he’s ever said about another club.

We’ve got some work to do, but the foundations are in place for our long term future with a strong junior program. We will be looking at targeting more CLG juniors to return to the club in 2024.

I'm actually wondering if he's been to bed yet and delirium has got to him :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Hector » Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:18 pm

Down the Hill wrote:That's some of the most sense you've had to say on here Shrekky. As I've got older and care more about the future of my club rather than just focussing on the now then I also agree it's not all about Premierships. It's called Community Footy for a reason and it's just as much about providing a service to your community. If you do that fairly well then success or at least being highly competitive will generally be the outcome. This is where I think Gaza has run into problems. It must be challenging to run a club with a name that has no real identity linking it to the area.

Not sure how Eagles2014 can say that 'several Lockleys lads' have said they have gone to another level the last 2 years. They won A, B & C flags in the COVID year. Moved on the A grade coach and in the same division finished 5th in 2021 and were very lucky to make the GF in 2022 after winning 17 on the trot heading into finals and then choked on GF day. Won 12 out of 18 this year which included 3 losses to teams that missed finals (one that got relegated). Not many teams get promoted with that type of season so will be interesting to assess that 'another level' come June / July next year.

Hectorville won the GF, Lockleys didn't lose it. They played close games against each other throughout the year and a lot of planning from the coaching staff went into the GF which paid dividends.

Lockleys have developed depth in their club over a number of seasons which are now paying off for them. Who cares how they went in regular season, they put themselves in the position to be in the GF and have taken the opportunity. Look at Div 1, TTG went less than 50% in regular season and made the PF. Lockleys will be alright, it wasn't that long ago Glenunga, Golden Grove and Hope Valley were all playing each other in Div 5 (maybe even Div 6).
Hector
Rookie

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 33 times

Postby Old_mate21 » Sat Sep 23, 2023 6:06 pm

Gee I’d be really annoyed if I was CLG and you didn’t get a home prelim now. Enjoy the long drive home Charlie.
Old_mate21
Rookie

Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 39 times

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:43 pm

Cracking Grand Final today with some really good football being played

Woodville South survived a late surge from Colonel Light to win the C5

Kilburn after looking to have the game won also survived a late surge from Colonel Light to hang on by 3 pts to win the M5 Reserves Grand Final.

Gepps Cross with a stunning 7 goal second quarter, to lead by 23ps at half time and 14 at 3 qtr. time were run over by a rampant Kilburn in the last quarter in which they slammed on 7 goals and at which one point they kicked 5 unanswered goals, to score a 3 goal win.

First Kilburn B grade Premiership since 1987 when they defeated Port District 11.5 - 8.3 and first time they have done the double since 1969 when they were in A3 and defeated Mitchem in both grades.

Going to be a big night at Blair Athol tonight!!!
2017, 2019 & 2020 PREMIERS
RICHMOND, RICHMOND, RICHMOND.

Let that be a lesson to you Sturt. You don't beat Glenelg 3 times in a row in Grand Finals and get away with it.
FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 128 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby Footy Chick » Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:20 pm

FOURTH ESTATE wrote:Cracking Grand Final today with some really good football being played

Woodville South survived a late surge from Colonel Light to win the C5

Kilburn after looking to have the game won also survived a late surge from Colonel Light to hang on by 3 pts to win the M5 Reserves Grand Final.

Gepps Cross with a stunning 7 goal second quarter, to lead by 23ps at half time and 14 at 3 qtr. time were run over by a rampant Kilburn in the last quarter in which they slammed on 7 goals and at which one point they kicked 5 unanswered goals, to score a 3 goal win.

First Kilburn B grade Premiership since 1987 when they defeated Port District 11.5 - 8.3 and first time they have done the double since 1969 when they were in A3 and defeated Mitchem in both grades.

Going to be a big night at Blair Athol tonight!!!

Can you leave some stats for me please :lol:

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby The Big Shrek » Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:29 pm

I’d like to congratulate CLG on a ripper effort in the ressies yesterday. If any of our games went for 10 mins more this season they would have run over the top of us.

I would also like to congratulate Gepps Cross on absolutely nothing. Losing after being 4 goals up couldn’t happen to a better club. I hope you all catch COVID.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 366 times

Postby Yeahright » Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:06 pm

The Big Shrek wrote:I’d like to congratulate CLG on a ripper effort in the ressies yesterday. If any of our games went for 10 mins more this season they would have run over the top of us.

I would also like to congratulate Gepps Cross on absolutely nothing. Losing after being 4 goals up couldn’t happen to a better club. I hope you all catch COVID.

Jeez gepps cross really do suck don’t they. Supporters singing the song at 3/4 time lol
Yeahright
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby The Bedge » Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:49 am

Great to see the turn around over recent years at Kilburn - firstly by being perilously close to folding due to debt, to surviving to 100yrs, to thriving and growing across all programs and finally winning two flags as the cherry on top.

Congratulations to all involved, and to those who busted their arses off to keep the club alive and remove the debt in the 1st place.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4003 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:26 am

Yeahright wrote:
The Big Shrek wrote:I’d like to congratulate CLG on a ripper effort in the ressies yesterday. If any of our games went for 10 mins more this season they would have run over the top of us.

Jeez gepps cross really do suck don’t they. Supporters singing the song at 3/4 time lol

You want to talk about early celebrations? Nothing beats this snap I was sent from Pooraka in about round 5.

That didn't age well :lol:
Attachments
pooraka23.jpg
(950.5 KiB) Downloaded 33 times

Footy Chick

Postby Purple Warrior » Fri Sep 29, 2023 3:07 pm

west croydon requesting to go div 6?
Purple Warrior

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 14 times

Postby one day I will » Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:01 pm

Can you elaborate?
one day I will
Under 16s

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby The Bedge » Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:18 pm

Purple Warrior wrote:west croydon requesting to go div 6?

Spoke to the president who said this is 110% bullshit.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Big Shrek » Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:27 pm

It’s Nick Pearce’s birthday today.

Hopefully the big fella gets a few presents. Bit of a role reversal after he gift wrapped the football last Saturday to all of the Kilburn midfielders.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:57 am

Gave some presents to Gepps Cross as well early.
Some they used some they didn't. Some were also marked "Return to Sender address unknown no such number no such zone".
2017, 2019 & 2020 PREMIERS
RICHMOND, RICHMOND, RICHMOND.

Let that be a lesson to you Sturt. You don't beat Glenelg 3 times in a row in Grand Finals and get away with it.
FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 128 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby #bleedredandblue » Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:43 am

…. :)
Last edited by #bleedredandblue on Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 52 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby The Big Shrek » Sat Sep 30, 2023 6:43 pm

Congrats to Oleg Markov. At least someone from Gepps Cross knows how to win a flag.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Postby Yank Man » Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:38 pm

Darcy Boyanton to Pulteney is a fair signing. Played Div 1 at Brighton.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Yeahright » Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:39 pm

He’s shit.
Yeahright
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby The Bedge » Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:15 pm

If what i'm hearing is correct, it's just the tip of the iceberg with Pulteney.. the Blues loading up ready to go BANG over the next few weeks heading in towards Christmas..
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:11 am

The Bedge wrote:If what i'm hearing is correct, it's just the tip of the iceberg with Pulteney.. the Blues loading up ready to go BANG over the next few weeks heading in towards Christmas..

WIth all these Taj Mahals going up everywhere (including Luthies, eventually) i don't understand why Pulteney (either the school or the club) hasn't applied to council for an upgrade to the building.

With the amount of use it would get in both summer and winter, it's mind boggling that it hasn't come up.

Also given that the public toilets in the playground appear to be closed as well..

I know trying to negotiate with ACC in near on impossible at times but considering those facilities haven't been updated in around 50 years, it's time.

Footy Chick

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League