5%
West Croydon
No votes
Woodville South
5%

Total votes : 42

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 5

Postby The Bedge » Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:04 am

Sticks28 wrote:anyone aware when the fixture will be released? noticed other leagues have the fixtures available on PLAYHQ - couldn't be too far away?

Draft fixture probably around mid-late February. Given the season isn't starting until 22 April, there is more time for changes, so Monday, 21 February would be 8 weeks from Round 1 seems about right.

Other leagues have less movement, teams, grounds to factor in.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Arm across » Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:16 pm

The Bedge wrote:Just cant see it being that lopsided - Pulteney and Woodville South coming down have from all reports recruited well, Trinity were a good unit last year and West Croydon coming up appear to have build a squad ready for D5 from what I've heard.

Colonel Light Gardens haven't been far off the mark the past couple of years, Eastern Park are always tough at home - despite losing a few key players seem to have found some suitable replacements.

No idea about Elizabeth or Blackfriars, they may well be off the pace.

I do agree however, Chics in their centenary season to lead the way - even if some of their players are getting on, they're experienced and know what it takes to climb the mountain to the top.

We haven’t quite replaced what players we lost from last season. But I still think we’ll improve on last season. Hopefully we can play finals.
Arm across
Mini-League

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Woodville South

Postby Sticks28 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:22 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Sticks28 wrote:anyone aware when the fixture will be released? noticed other leagues have the fixtures available on PLAYHQ - couldn't be too far away?

Draft fixture probably around mid-late February. Given the season isn't starting until 22 April, there is more time for changes, so Monday, 21 February would be 8 weeks from Round 1 seems about right.

Other leagues have less movement, teams, grounds to factor in.

Thanks mate - just spoke with someone from the footy league & they said clubs will more then likely get draft fixture next week & all be finalised mid february!
Sticks28
Under 16s

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby Yeahright » Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:21 pm

Very quite in this forum, someone throw out your ladder predictions. Is it kilburns to lose?
Yeahright
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Observer55 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:05 pm

Yeahright wrote:Very quite in this forum, someone throw out your ladder predictions. Is it kilburns to lose?

Kilburn
Gepps Cross
TOS
CLG
Woodie South
Eastern Park
Pultney
Blackfriars
Elizabeth
West Croydon

Medal - Howson
Observer55

Has liked: 41 times

Postby scottroo » Tue Feb 28, 2023 6:44 am

Kilburn the clear favourites. They were a reasonable side on their day last year and have recruited half of Adelaide.

Gepps a very good unit, been very quiet on announcing recruits but I’d expect them to inject some talent.

Throw a blanket over the rest with most losing more then they’ve gained
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Yeahright » Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:47 am

From what I’m hearing Elizabeth will be having a long year. Lots of quality players walking out as well as their coach Justin platten. Wonder if there is something happening behind closed doors? It’s a shame after what they’ve done the last couple years.
Yeahright
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time

Postby one day I will » Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:16 pm

Yeahright wrote:From what I’m hearing Elizabeth will be having a long year. Lots of quality players walking out as well as their coach Justin platten. Wonder if there is something happening behind closed doors? It’s a shame after what they’ve done the last couple years.

There’s no doubt we’ve lost some good players over the past 4 months, but we’ve also gained some good ones and kept some quality A grade footballers from last year too.
Im confident we will still be reasonably competitive on our day and will always be pushing for finals as a minimum.
Everyone can sit back and say whatever they want but we will be keeping positive throughout and more importantly having lost some players only creates opportunity for others. We have half a dozen young kids ready to have a crack along with consistent senior players.
For the Record, as mentioned by others in above chats. Justin took on a role at SANFL level that was obviously hard to knock back.
It was a very tough decision for him to make and the EFC have respected his decision and now we are focusing on our year ahead.
There is nothing sinister behind closed doors, just a club supporting one of their own. So don’t listen to the riff raf out there.!!!
one day I will
Under 16s

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Arm across » Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:41 pm

one day I will wrote:
Yeahright wrote:From what I’m hearing Elizabeth will be having a long year. Lots of quality players walking out as well as their coach Justin platten. Wonder if there is something happening behind closed doors? It’s a shame after what they’ve done the last couple years.

There’s no doubt we’ve lost some good players over the past 4 months, but we’ve also gained some good ones and kept some quality A grade footballers from last year too.
Im confident we will still be reasonably competitive on our day and will always be pushing for finals as a minimum.
Everyone can sit back and say whatever they want but we will be keeping positive throughout and more importantly having lost some players only creates opportunity for others. We have half a dozen young kids ready to have a crack along with consistent senior players.
For the Record, as mentioned by others in above chats. Justin took on a role at SANFL level that was obviously hard to knock back.
It was a very tough decision for him to make and the EFC have respected his decision and now we are focusing on our year ahead.
There is nothing sinister behind closed doors, just a club supporting one of their own. So don’t listen to the riff raf out there.!!!

All the best for the year ahead mate. Proving a few wrong will make it that bit sweeter.
Arm across
Mini-League

Postby one day I will » Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:43 am

Arm across wrote:
one day I will wrote:

All the best for the year ahead mate. Proving a few wrong will make it that bit sweeter.

Likewise mate, much appreciated.
one day I will
Under 16s

Postby Arm across » Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:34 pm

Thought I’d give a ladder prediction a go. Purely based on rumour and innuendo :lol: Compared to other years I feel like I don’t have as much intel on the div and oppo teams.

1. Kilburn
Hard to ignore the noise. They seem to be gearing up nicely for the 100 year celebration. Will O’Keefe play as a permanent forward? He’ll kick bags every week if he does.

2. Gepps cross
Have actually heard from a mate they have recruited well. But their ‘FB’ has been quite with new signings suspiciously quite though… Smoke and mirrors or they’ll turn up to rd 1 with a few extra guns! I’m going the later.

3. Trinity
Had a remarkable season in div 6. Going to back that form carrying into Div 5

4. CLG
New (returning) senior coach Zed was actually a assistant coach last season at Woody South and in a short time we could see his quality. I’m tipping he’s loving going under the radar a bit. But he’s always got a bag of tricks. All the best Zed.

5. Woody South
Didn’t quite replace what we lost. But anyone who knows Jarad ‘Catters’ Cattermole, our new A grade coach, won’t be surprised to hear he’s made a immediate impact. Just think we are a bit short in a couple of key posts and some older heads would be nice.

6. Pultney
Got a few early signings from FP before Xmas. Thought they were going to go ‘bang’ in the new year and add some more talent. Seems to have gone quite. Heard depth will be a major concern. Also the predicted bumper snow fall in falls creek won’t help.

7. West Croydon
Haven’t heard a thing if I’m honest. Can’t wait to play against WC though. Good local rivalry for us.

8. Elizabeth
Been copping a fair bit on the rumour mill, so I hope they stay up.

9. Blackfriars
Again haven’t heard anything from their camp. When is Brincatt getting his bronze statue?

10. Eastern Park
Apparently they are battling for numbers….
Arm across
Mini-League

Postby one day I will » Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:32 am

West Croydon Vs Gepps Cross at West Croydon tonight I’ve heard.
Does anyone know what time they start?
one day I will
Under 16s

Postby Mr Beefy » Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:01 am

one day I will wrote:West Croydon Vs Gepps Cross at West Croydon tonight I’ve heard.
Does anyone know what time they start?

A grade at 7:30
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Arch44 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:55 pm

I saw Woody South on Saturday. Agrade had some handy height and couple of decent enough mids, but I don't think they are challenging top 3 from what I saw.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby whufc » Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:58 pm

I heard Gepps Cross lost to Jamestown in the first 3 quarters (A Grade) of their trial game against Jamestown, very surprised with that tbh.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Bedge » Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:51 pm

Shout out to West Croydon, thanks for hosting our A, B and Women in a trial today - good tough hitout in all grades played with intensity and good spirit.

Appreciate the hospitality, new rooms are a huge improvement also.

Watch out for the Hawks, they’re a pretty slick unit, and a much better outfit than last season for sure.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby scottroo » Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:00 pm

Big news tonight, with the league scrapping 17 points for finals and reverting back to 15 points!
scottroo
League - Best 21

Postby Arm across » Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:53 pm

scottroo wrote:Big news tonight, with the league scrapping 17 points for finals and reverting back to 15 points!

Definitely won’t affect us. Can’t remember too many occasions where we even got to 15 points over the last few years.
Arm across
Mini-League

Postby scottroo » Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:03 pm

Anyone want to predict round one?

Woodville south v CLG
Kilburn v EP
Pulteney v Blackfriars
West Croydon v Trinity
Gepps Cross v Elizabeth
scottroo
League - Best 21

Postby Sticks28 » Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:19 am

scottroo wrote:Anyone want to predict round one?

Woodville south v CLG
Kilburn v EP
Pulteney v Blackfriars
West Croydon v Trinity
Gepps Cross v Elizabeth

Woody south by 5 goals
Kilburn by 8 goals
Pulteney by 18 points
Trinity by 4 goals
Gepps Cross by 60+
Sticks28
Under 16s