21%
St Pauls OS
6%

Total votes : 34

Re: 2023 Adelaide footy League - Division 6

Postby Bluedemon » Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:26 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
redyellow&blue wrote:
The Bedge wrote:That’s scary! Glad the blokes ok.. but why enter as match abandoned? **** game is cooked just enter the results as a win/loss.

Because it was called off early it's classed as abandoned, League ask why and if it's reasonable the win/loss is still registered in the system, but has to be updated by the powers that be during the week.

Now i can't remember which way around this goes.. but

If the game is called off before half time, it's a draw and if it's called off after half time, the game goes to the leader at the time

correct
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby The Bedge » Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:43 pm

redyellow&blue wrote:
The Bedge wrote:That’s scary! Glad the blokes ok.. but why enter as match abandoned? **** game is cooked just enter the results as a win/loss.

Because it was called off early it's classed as abandoned, League ask why and if it's reasonable the win/loss is still registered in the system, but has to be updated by the powers that be during the week.

And what if the league isn’t satisfied with the answer?

Sorry, but surely if you’re 150 points or close enough to it up, and there is only frickin half a quarter or less to play, common sense just says thanks for the game, shake hands and go home.

What the hell are you missing out on in those last few minutes that’s gonna make a difference?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4005 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:31 pm

The Bedge wrote:
redyellow&blue wrote:

Sorry, but surely if you’re 150 points or close enough to it up, and there is only frickin half a quarter or less to play, common sense just says thanks for the game, shake hands and go home.

What the hell are you missing out on in those last few minutes that’s gonna make a difference?

Nothing to see here mate, it sounds like a gentleman’s agreement and at worst Fitzroy miss out on a couple of more goals percentage. By all reports the right decision was made and both parties, just protocol and I’m sure it’s sorted by Tuesday
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby redyellow&blue » Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:32 pm

The Bedge wrote:
redyellow&blue wrote:

What are you talking about? Thats what happened, game was called off by agreement due to the incident.
redyellow&blue
Rookie

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 38 times

Postby The Bedge » Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:34 pm

Well no shit it was called off goose, but I’m saying why bother with the stupid match abandon, just finalise the game.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:44 pm

The Bedge wrote:Well no shit it was called off goose, but I’m saying why bother with the stupid match abandon, just finalise the game.

Yeah but even if they've abandoned the match with only a few mins to go, Fitzroy would still rightly be getting the points
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Footy Chick » Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:53 pm

2 other abandoned matches that I can remember

The Ingle Farm Grand Final where all hell broke loose and the game was awarded to the Farmers (or did they end up finishing that game?)

and I reckon there was a game at Modbury or maybe it was TTG, where the power went out or something happened to a power box, it was a while ago now... (If it was Modbury, @Sass will remember)

Game was called off just before half time
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby redyellow&blue » Sun Jun 25, 2023 9:20 pm

The Bedge wrote:Well no shit it was called off goose, but I’m saying why bother with the stupid match abandon, just finalise the game.

You'd have to ask the umpires that.
redyellow&blue
Rookie

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 38 times

Postby Arch44 » Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:28 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
redyellow&blue wrote:

Nothing to see here mate, it sounds like a gentleman’s agreement and at worst Fitzroy miss out on a couple of more goals percentage. By all reports the right decision was made and both parties, just protocol and I’m sure it’s sorted by Tuesday

Spot on LM.

Just saw on the Div7 thread comments about the condition of the oval at Flinders Uni. Total contrast out at Smithfield it had grass all over it besides the sand on the cricket pitch and in great condition.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:03 pm

Arch44 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Nothing to see here mate, it sounds like a gentleman’s agreement and at worst Fitzroy miss out on a couple of more goals percentage. By all reports the right decision was made and both parties, just protocol and I’m sure it’s sorted by Tuesday

Spot on LM.

Just saw on the Div7 thread comments about the condition of the oval at Flinders Uni. Total contrast out at Smithfield it had grass all over it besides the sand on the cricket pitch and in great condition.

I started there 44 years ago and it’s never been muddy, occasionally it can tear up a bit between the goals & CHF up the northern end but if that area is avoided for trainings then there’s never a problem. Horribly slow outfield for cricket though but you’d take that.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby Brodlach » Sat Jul 01, 2023 6:52 pm

Marion end Greenacres unbeaten run with a 10 goal win.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby zedman » Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:12 pm

zedman wrote:I dont really know much about these teams but I have seen Marion and they looked right up to it.

Uh huh.
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1079 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby The Bedge » Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:32 pm

zedman wrote:
zedman wrote:I dont really know much about these teams but I have seen Marion and they looked right up to it.

Uh huh.

Real Nostrodamus stuff... they were always gonna be around the mark.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby zedman » Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:58 pm

The Bedge wrote:
zedman wrote:

Uh huh.

Real Nostrodamus stuff... they were always gonna be around the mark.

Calm down grumpy, I picked them to go top not be around the mark.
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1079 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Sass! » Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:19 am

Footy Chick wrote:2 other abandoned matches that I can remember

The Ingle Farm Grand Final where all hell broke loose and the game was awarded to the Farmers (or did they end up finishing that game?)

and I reckon there was a game at Modbury or maybe it was TTG, where the power went out or something happened to a power box, it was a while ago now... (If it was Modbury, @Sass will remember)

Game was called off just before half time

I certainly remember, we still talk about it at Modbury! Quadruple header at Tea Tree Gully in the pouring rain with the A grade being played under lights as a twilight spectacle. Just before half time, a tree branch broke across from the oval and wiped out a transformer.

Modbury were 2 goals up and ended up being awarded the match... i believe because they played it out until half time, the final result stood. But if the game was called off before half time it wouldnt have? something along those lines. Either way, Gullies were sitting top and we were down the table so it was a huge upset victory that fell our way under some strange circumstances.
Sass!
Under 16s

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Arch44 » Fri Jul 07, 2023 1:15 pm

Asking for a friend.....Do Brahma still have their fatboy on the bbq?
Arch44
League - Top 5

Postby Executive Member » Fri Jul 07, 2023 1:58 pm

Arch44 wrote:Asking for a friend.....Do Brahma still have their fatboy on the bbq?

good question, I haven't been there for over 12 months so not sure if it has survived - especially now bellman isnt playing as he used to have two of them before he played :lol:
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Fri Jul 07, 2023 2:12 pm

Executive Member wrote:
Arch44 wrote:Asking for a friend.....Do Brahma still have their fatboy on the bbq?

good question, I haven't been there for over 12 months so not sure if it has survived - especially now bellman isnt playing as he used to have two of them before he played :lol:

Had no BBQ when we were there, just the canteen
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Executive Member » Fri Jul 07, 2023 2:16 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
Executive Member wrote:

cook probably was playing two games
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby Arch44 » Fri Jul 07, 2023 3:03 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
Executive Member wrote:

I find this outrageous.
Arch44
League - Top 5

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League