3%
Salisbury
21%
St Pauls OS
6%

Total votes : 34

Re: 2023 Adelaide footy League - Division 6

Postby Lightning McQueen » Sun May 28, 2023 11:02 am

The Bedge wrote:After yesterdays results, you’d have to have serious concerns on Brahmas ability to see out the season. A belting like that against a club who has been copping scores like that themselves. Ouch.

Absolutely, hopefully rather than shit canning them the football community get behind them a bit, if them doors close they won’t ever re-open.

Hopefully the players have enough respect for Dave to ride out this, drop down a div and rebuild.

Love them it hate them, the comp is a better place with them in it, even if it means going to that weird hidden oval with dead pockets everywhere.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Brodlach » Sun May 28, 2023 12:20 pm

What’s the reason they have crashed so quickly?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Observer55 » Sun May 28, 2023 1:50 pm

Brodlach wrote:What’s the reason they have crashed so quickly?

Lack of Juniors feeding into the senior ranks for a number of years, aging area, a lot of new to Australia Families moving into the area are not Aussie Rules playing families.
Observer55

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby The Bedge » Sun May 28, 2023 7:22 pm

Observer55 wrote:
Brodlach wrote:What’s the reason they have crashed so quickly?

Lack of Juniors feeding into the senior ranks for a number of years, aging area, a lot of new to Australia Families moving into the area are not Aussie Rules playing families.

What a soft, pathetic cop out for an excuse... didn't stop them winning back to back D7 A grade flags only a couple of years ago and peacocking around like kings of the world.

Truth is the players they had the last few years are the problem - loved life when going was good and bullying weak opposition, but as soon as life looks tough and they have to actually work for something they go running. Pea hearted downhill skiers.

I disagree with LM - I mean I hate seeing clubs struggle, and I feel for some of the loyal Brahma faithful, but the comp is actually probably better off without them - less dilution of players, less headaches, stronger local clubs, more accountability for glory hunters.

Honestly, Salisbury West going under is all that has saved them.. and Westies were a better organised / operating unit.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Sugma » Sun May 28, 2023 9:29 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Bedge wrote:After yesterdays results, you’d have to have serious concerns on Brahmas ability to see out the season. A belting like that against a club who has been copping scores like that themselves. Ouch.

Absolutely, hopefully rather than shit canning them the football community get behind them a bit, if them doors close they won’t ever re-open.

Hopefully the players have enough respect for Dave to ride out this, drop down a div and rebuild.

Love them it hate them, the comp is a better place with them in it, even if it means going to that weird hidden oval with dead pockets everywhere.

I hope they survive. I remember towards the end of last year when they where struggling for numbers they’d have half there c grade play b grade. Much respect to them for doing that instead of just forfeiting there c grade
Sugma
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: BMW

Postby The Bedge » Sun May 28, 2023 9:53 pm

Sugma wrote:I remember towards the end of last year when they where struggling for numbers they’d have half there c grade play b grade. Much respect to them for doing that instead of just forfeiting there c grade

I remember when 12 months before that they’d strolled through D7, and refused to take the opportunity to go to D6 - instead opting to strut around D7 again.. and then carry on like total flogs at the Grand Final at Mitcham.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Yeahright » Sun May 28, 2023 10:37 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Sugma wrote:I remember towards the end of last year when they where struggling for numbers they’d have half there c grade play b grade. Much respect to them for doing that instead of just forfeiting there c grade

I remember when 12 months before that they’d strolled through D7, and refused to take the opportunity to go to D6 - instead opting to strut around D7 again.. and then carry on like total flogs at the Grand Final at Mitcham.

I remember Brahma belting the units a few years ago by 200 odd points when they were in a rough patch, the lip coming from them was disgraceful. It’s quite funny now that they are in a similar situation they’ve all gone running. They are a rabble of a club, I don’t think they are going to make it the rest of the year.
Yeahright
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time

Postby whufc » Mon May 29, 2023 9:49 am

Would be suprised if Brahma get more than a couple to a thursday night training session after that result.

Going to be real hard to see them finish the year.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Oldboy1 » Mon May 29, 2023 1:33 pm

That’s why they’re in this position in the first place.. was only a couple of people showing up to training even before the season started. Would hate to see what it’s like now.
Oldboy1
Mini-League

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 29, 2023 4:27 pm

The Bedge wrote:Greenacres 24 in a row.

The Bedge
Coach

Postby Oldboy1 » Mon May 29, 2023 9:13 pm

What’s the record in Saafl for most wins in a row? And after playing the top 5 sides already, who beats them in the second half of the year?
Oldboy1
Mini-League

Postby Fools Gold » Tue May 30, 2023 8:49 am

Oldboy1 wrote:What’s the record in Saafl for most wins in a row? And after playing the top 5 sides already, who beats them in the second half of the year?
GGFC’s B Grade got out to 38 in a row last year before dropping one to Flinders Park and I think they were a few off the record. Would be at 53 right now if it wasn’t for that loss!
Fools Gold

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 20 times
Grassroots Team: Solomontown

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue May 30, 2023 8:54 am

Kilburn 45 wins A3 to A1 1959-61
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:54 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:Kilburn 45 wins A3 to A1 1959-61

what he said.

Gepps also gave it a good run in the late 80s
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Brodlach » Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:46 pm

The Bedge wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Greenacres 24 in a row.

Now 0, had a draw today with St Paul’s.

Undefeated for 26 ;)
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Been liked: 4207 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:16 am

Ladder after Rd 8
15 - Greenacres
14 - Marion
11 - Salisbury
11 - Fitzroy
10 - Central United
--------------------------

08 - Adelaide Lutheran
06 - Rosewater
03 - St Pauls OS
02 - Smithfield
00 - Brahma Lodge

Well you'd have to think the top 5 is set. Lutheran jumped out the blocks winning the 1st 4 games - all against sides currently beneath them on the ladder, but have since then lost all 4.

Top 5 all look very similar and competitive, with Greenacres still the clear standout, Salisbury closing the gap to Marion, and Fitzroy on their day as good as any. Depth in the B grade for Central United may play a part in their ability to climb higher than 5th.

Credit where credit is due - Brahma still finding a way to get a side on the park and battle through facing ridiculous beltings, especially while chat about them folding continues to grow louder - should be commended. Challenge will be obviously over the next month or so as it gets colder, wetter and harder.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Sugma » Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:20 pm

The Bedge wrote:Ladder after Rd 8
15 - Greenacres
14 - Marion
11 - Salisbury
11 - Fitzroy
10 - Central United
--------------------------

08 - Adelaide Lutheran
06 - Rosewater
03 - St Pauls OS
02 - Smithfield
00 - Brahma Lodge

Well you'd have to think the top 5 is set. Lutheran jumped out the blocks winning the 1st 4 games - all against sides currently beneath them on the ladder, but have since then lost all 4.

Top 5 all look very similar and competitive, with Greenacres still the clear standout, Salisbury closing the gap to Marion, and Fitzroy on their day as good as any. Depth in the B grade for Central United may play a part in their ability to climb higher than 5th.

Credit where credit is due - Brahma still finding a way to get a side on the park and battle through facing ridiculous beltings, especially while chat about them folding continues to grow louder - should be commended. Challenge will be obviously over the next month or so as it gets colder, wetter and harder.

I hope brahma hang in there,
Sugma
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: BMW

Postby Oldboy1 » Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:34 pm

Yeah, I really hope they hang in there..
3 cards on the weekend, A grade coach punching someone in the head in one fight, another player earns himself a red after punching a player in the back of the head in a seperate fight… disgusting.
Oldboy1
Mini-League

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:33 pm

Oldboy1 wrote:Yeah, I really hope they hang in there..
3 cards on the weekend, A grade coach punching someone in the head in one fight, another player earns himself a red after punching a player in the back of the head in a seperate fight… disgusting.

I was too busy listening to the B Graders from Greenacres shitcanning Brahma current and past players in private general conversation right next to the camera. The first 5 minutes has some gold :lol:
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Bluedemon » Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:15 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:
Oldboy1 wrote:Yeah, I really hope they hang in there..

I was too busy listening to the B Graders from Greenacres shitcanning Brahma current and past players in private general conversation right next to the camera. The first 5 minutes has some gold :lol:

replay worth watching I assume?
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 96 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League