No votes
Unley Mercedes Jets
10%
Westminster OS
No votes

Total votes : 29

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 3

Postby jo172 » Mon May 15, 2023 12:28 pm

Problem is though they never run a story that "nothing came of the investigation".

You get tainted by the investigation itself, but never the benefit of an acquittal (so to speak)
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Brodlach » Mon May 15, 2023 12:29 pm

jo172 wrote:Problem is though they never run a story that "nothing came of the investigation".

You get tainted by the investigation itself, but never the benefit of an acquittal (so to speak)

Still being investigated where as others brought up have zero connection
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon May 15, 2023 3:28 pm

SANFL investigates Adelaide Footy League club Gaza over multiple salary cap breaches
An Adelaide Footy League club has been investigated by SANFL for multiple salary cap breaches and may cop major penalties this season.

Daniel Renfrey
May 15, 2023 - 9:54AM
The Messenger

An Adelaide Footy League club could face major penalties if allegations over a number of salary cap breaches are upheld by the SANFL.

Division three club Gaza has been investigated by the SANFL for breaches of player payment regulations.

The Messenger understands the claimed breaches involve multiple players and date as far back as the 2018 season.

In April the SANFL confirmed a number of clubs were under ongoing investigation regarding salary cap breaches.

“We have a number of salary cap investigations which are ongoing and are not in position to comment,” a SANFL spokesperson said at the time.

The investigations into Gaza come just a month after River Murray Football League club Jervois was found guilty by the SANFL of breaches of player payment regulations in 2022.

The Bluds were fined $26,500, stripped of four premiership points for this season and four points in season 2024, and have been limited to four player points under the Approved Player Points System (APPS) – used to sign players – for 2024 and 2025.

Charges for breaches of Player Payment Salary Cap were laid by SANFL after an extensive investigation conducted by SANFL’s Integrity Department.

The charges against Jervois were in relation to travel payments (including flights), which led to breaches of the match payment limit, and failing to declare full payment details.

Under the SANFL’s latest Community Football Rules and Regulations, local suburban clubs are not to exceed a total amount of $2500 in player payments each week.

Clubs can also not exceed payment of $500 to a player per match, while coaches cannot be paid more than $20,000 a season.

Upfront or sign-on payments are not allowed.

Punishments for breaches of player payment regulations can include deduction of premiership points for clubs and suspension from multiple games for individual players.

An Adelaide Footy League spokesperson said the league was aware of the investigations.

“We are fully aware the club in question has been investigated and we welcome any outcome.”

Representatives from the Gaza Football Club are scheduled to meet with SANFL on Wednesday night.

The club is celebrating its 120th anniversary and currently sits bottom of the division three ladder after being relegated from division two last season.

SANFL and the Gaza Football Club were contacted for this story.
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Trader » Mon May 15, 2023 4:00 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:.

Agreed
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu May 18, 2023 9:08 am

Any idea how last nights meeting went?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby Executive Member » Thu May 18, 2023 9:59 am

The Bedge wrote:Any idea how last nights meeting went?

SAFootballer would know
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby Bluedemon » Thu May 18, 2023 2:55 pm

Executive Member wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Any idea how last nights meeting went?

SAFootballer would know

Surprised they haven't copy and pasted it as yet
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Sticks28 » Thu May 18, 2023 4:53 pm

didnt realise josh hand had left hope valley - noticed he was playing D grade for TTG - would hate to be rocking up playing D grade and seeing josh hand playing.
Sticks28
Under 16s

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 18, 2023 5:30 pm

Trader wrote:

Agreed

Fair point
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Footy Chick » Sun May 21, 2023 6:45 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Trader wrote:

Agreed

Fair point

Absolutely. :lol:

and on SAFootballer- he's ripped off one of my photos yet again today until he got called out and then removed it- i'm gaining a nice little folio of photos he's stolen from me and used without my permission.

He can't even claim he didn't know it was mine, it had my mark on it :roll:

Everyone seems to forget Josh Hand is around 33 now, and with us going up a division he wasn't keen on playing A grade anymore.

The Gaza thing will take a few weeks, I'd say, people need to not speculate as to whats going to happen, some of the stuff i'm hearing in terms of fines is stupid.

Yes, we're still sitting top and happy to still be undefeated - and whilst it's better than being 0-5, i'm realistic enough to acknowledge our wins have been against the bottom half and our true test of where we fit in the scheme of things starts this week - but we'll enjoy the top of the tree while we're there....and hope we don't move. :lol:

Ive never seen us look this good though in the 15 years i've been at the club and that's even without Poppy.. It's great to see everyone just enjoying footy.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Sticks28 » Sun May 21, 2023 8:26 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Trader wrote:

Agreed

Fair point

Absolutely. :lol:

and on SAFootballer- he's ripped off one of my photos yet again today until he got called out and then removed it- i'm gaining a nice little folio of photos he's stolen from me and used without my permission.

He can't even claim he didn't know it was mine, it had my mark on it :roll:

Everyone seems to forget Josh Hand is around 33 now, and with us going up a division he wasn't keen on playing A grade anymore.

The Gaza thing will take a few weeks, I'd say, people need to not speculate as to whats going to happen, some of the stuff i'm hearing in terms of fines is stupid.

Yes, we're still sitting top and happy to still be undefeated - and whilst it's better than being 0-5, i'm realistic enough to acknowledge our wins have been against the bottom half and our true test of where we fit in the scheme of things starts this week - but we'll enjoy the top of the tree while we're there....and hope we don't move. :lol:

Ive never seen us look this good though in the 15 years i've been at the club and that's even without Poppy.. It's great to see everyone just enjoying footy.

Yeah playing modbury, flinders, Pembroke & unley in a 4 week period will be good to see how they stand up - there putting up some big scores which will hold them in good stead when they play those teams!
Sticks28
Under 16s

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby valleys07 » Sun May 21, 2023 10:11 pm

Minor correction, Sticks- HV played Unley in R1.

I'll echo FC's sentiments, I have been closely involved with HVFC's senior football program since 2005 (however not so much since 2020, with the exception of the odd game) and never have I known us to be a high octane scoring machine. Yes, their true test will come in the next month, yes the team have deficiencies and can improve, and yes they still have to produce when it counts, but this is very different to the Hope Valley that I have come to know. Very different.

It's awesome to see.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Footy Chick » Sun May 21, 2023 10:33 pm

valleys07 wrote:Minor correction, Sticks- HV played Unley in R1.

I'll echo FC's sentiments, I have been closely involved with HVFC's senior football program since 2005 (however not so much since 2020, with the exception of the odd game) and never have I known us to be a high octane scoring machine. Yes, their true test will come in the next month, yes the team have deficiencies and can improve, and yes they still have to produce when it counts, but this is very different to the Hope Valley that I have come to know. Very different.

It's awesome to see.

@Valleys07 how long did it take you to type this? :lol:

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby valleys07 » Sun May 21, 2023 10:47 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
valleys07 wrote:Minor correction, Sticks- HV played Unley in R1.

It's awesome to see.

@Valleys07 how long did it take you to type this? :lol:

Roughly my total time spent on ground on Saturday.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 22, 2023 3:30 pm

Footy Chick wrote:The Gaza thing will take a few weeks, I'd say, people need to not speculate as to whats going to happen, some of the stuff i'm hearing in terms of fines is stupid..

Aren't you speculating by mentioning potential fines? :D
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Mon May 22, 2023 5:24 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:The Gaza thing will take a few weeks, I'd say, people need to not speculate as to whats going to happen, some of the stuff i'm hearing in terms of fines is stupid..

Aren't you speculating by mentioning potential fines? :D

dont' twist words, if they're found guilty, there will be a fine...duh :roll:

If they're not then there will be no fine.

Nothing speculative there..

Footy Chick

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 22, 2023 5:27 pm

Sorry, thought you were talking more about the size of the fine that's being mentioned at the moment - not that they will get one. Thought you were saying you heard the size of the fine was stupid... :D
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue May 23, 2023 11:15 am

Weetra Watch
38 goals, 5 games.
Rd 1 - 9
Rd 2 - 5
Rd 3 - 8
Rd 4 - 6
Rd 5 - 10

Still has Flinders Uni and Mawson Lakes to come in the 1st round of matches, would expect him to fill his boots vs Mawson Lakes.

62 goals for the 100.. 12 minor round games + likely minimum 2 finals = around 4.5 goals per game.

Quality player.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Tue May 23, 2023 11:18 am

The Bedge wrote:Weetra Watch
38 goals, 5 games.
Rd 1 - 9
Rd 2 - 5
Rd 3 - 8
Rd 4 - 6
Rd 5 - 10

Still has Flinders Uni and Mawson Lakes to come in the 1st round of matches, would expect him to fill his boots vs Mawson Lakes.

62 goals for the 100.. 12 minor round games + likely minimum 2 finals = around 4.5 goals per game.

Quality player.

Wrong thread :)
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2529 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Bedge » Tue May 23, 2023 11:20 am

Whoops :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League