Jumper Clashes

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Jumper Clashes

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:45 pm

Just for something completely different...

We found out the hard way last year that we clash with Plympton in a big way - maybe because last time we played them, 10 years ago - we had different style jumpers and weren't deemed a clash but now, with both clubs having the stripes, the clash was horrific.

Have you noticed any glaring clashes in your grade that perhaps wouldn't have been deemed a clash in times gone by?

FTR - clashes in the olden days were based on jumper numbers and socks, so I've been told.

I've just been looking at the potential clashes and noticed Brighton currently have a clash with Gullies? How does that work? :lol:

DID YOU KNOW? - No one clashes with Walkerville!

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see from different club perspectives who they find it hard to differentiate with..
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Re: Jumper Clashes

Postby the smokey » Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:54 pm

Golden Grove's Green strip clashes with the umpires haha. Not much of an issue in the top three grades as they come prepared but in the lower two grades it's a regular occurrence for the umpires to umpire with their shirt inside out or just deal with it.
the smokey
Rookie

Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 27 times

Postby Armchair expert » Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:55 pm

Smithfield would be close to a clash with Walkerville?
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 382 times
Been liked: 1434 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:05 pm

the smokey wrote:Golden Grove's Green strip clashes with the umpires haha. Not much of an issue in the top three grades as they come prepared but in the lower two grades it's a regular occurrence for the umpires to umpire with their shirt inside out or just deal with it.

The umpires get told beforehand to wear their regular polo instead (that is grey).
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:07 pm

Armchair expert wrote:Smithfield would be close to a clash with Walkerville?

The "blue" is a far different shade, Walkerville's is almost black.

Smithfield's guernsey has changed significantly though, it is no longer horizontal stripes.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby jo172 » Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:09 pm

I always hated it when Athelstone and Uni wore white shorts playing at home (not sure if this is still the case).

Particularly uni, both teams wearing white shorts and black socks led to embarrassment at least once a game.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:21 pm

CBC, Iggies & fashion sense
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Down the Hill » Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:23 pm

FC - Brighton are listed as a clash with TTG but not ROC. We have no issue when we play ROC so I doubt any issue with TTG. But TTG and us have never bothered questioning the clash and are happy to wear our clash when we play away. I remember photos of Henley v Athelstone D2 GF back in 2017 and I thought it was a horrible clash that should never have been allowed to happen. Not sure what those clubs have done since or whether the league now lists it as a clash.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 276 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:41 pm

Down the Hill wrote:FC - Brighton are listed as a clash with TTG but not ROC. We have no issue when we play ROC so I doubt any issue with TTG. But TTG and us have never bothered questioning the clash and are happy to wear our clash when we play away. I remember photos of Henley v Athelstone D2 GF back in 2017 and I thought it was a horrible clash that should never have been allowed to happen. Not sure what those clubs have done since or whether the league now lists it as a clash.

How's that logic :lol:

I absolutely agree with the Henley v Athelstone - besides being an eyesore game to watch thanks to the Raggies poor kicking, the jumpers made it even harder.

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby Yank Man » Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:47 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Just for something completely different...

We found out the hard way last year that we clash with Plympton in a big way - maybe because last time we played them, 10 years ago - we had different style jumpers and weren't deemed a clash but now, with both clubs having the stripes, the clash was horrific.

Have you noticed any glaring clashes in your grade that perhaps wouldn't have been deemed a clash in times gone by?

FTR - clashes in the olden days were based on jumper numbers and socks, so I've been told.

I've just been looking at the potential clashes and noticed Brighton currently have a clash with Gullies? How does that work? :lol:

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see from different club perspectives who they find it hard to differentiate with..

I found it a bit bemusing when you guys played Plympton at Plympton in the Qualifying Final that Plympton wore their away strip and you wore your home strip.

Digressing a little, 2005 Seaton finished top and lost the 2nd semi to Edwardstown, both made the GF and both wore white shorts. That was fun :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:50 pm

Yank Man wrote:

I found it a bit bemusing when you guys played Plympton at Plympton in the Qualifying Final that Plympton wore their away strip and you wore your home strip.

Digressing a little, 2005 Seaton finished top and lost the 2nd semi to Edwardstown, both made the GF and both wore white shorts. That was fun :D

That's becuase our away jumper is predominantly black with one red and one blue stripe. Would've made it worse! :lol:

Footy Chick

Postby zedman » Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:22 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Yank Man wrote:

That's becuase our away jumper is predominantly black with one red and one blue stripe. Would've made it worse! :lol:

I like your away jumper a lot FC, more than the home one!
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1079 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Fools Gold » Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:51 am

Golden Grove / Westminster was never considered a clash, but throw in umpires in green and it’s an absolute shit show
Fools Gold

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 20 times
Grassroots Team: Solomontown

Postby Down the Hill » Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:59 am

Lets get the language correct people. It's a 'clash strip' not an 'away strip'. I think it was 2021 when Seaton took the liberty of wearing its clash strip v SHOC at SHOC when they aren't listed as a clash. SHOC wore a heritage jumper that day and the clash was horrible.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 276 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League