Copper Theif’s

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Copper Theif’s

Postby Arm across » Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:26 am

I was wondering if any other clubs lights have been hit by the copper thief’s. We had the copper ripped out of our light poles almost a month ago. I’ve heard rumours that a few other clubs have been hit as well. We are close to a month with no lights now….. The council/insurance company is quite literally keeping us in the dark.
Arm across
Mini-League

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Woodville South

Re: Copper Theif’s

Postby The Bedge » Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:24 am

Arm across wrote:I was wondering if any other clubs lights have been hit by the copper thief’s. We had the copper ripped out of our light poles almost a month ago. I’ve heard rumours that a few other clubs have been hit as well. We are close to a month with no lights now….. The council/insurance company is quite literally keeping us in the dark.

Our cricket club a couple years ago had the copper ripped out 3 times, to the point the council ended up concreting the access points.

Was believed it was an inside council job because they'd lay the cable during the day, it would be ripped out that night - and it's apparently no easy feat to pull it all out either.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4003 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:27 am

Arm across wrote:I was wondering if any other clubs lights have been hit by the copper thief’s. We had the copper ripped out of our light poles almost a month ago. I’ve heard rumours that a few other clubs have been hit as well. We are close to a month with no lights now….. The council/insurance company is quite literally keeping us in the dark.
Port Districts got hit by them the week before Easter.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10340 times
Been liked: 1520 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Arm across » Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:29 am

The Bedge wrote:

Our cricket club a couple years ago had the copper ripped out 3 times, to the point the council ended up concreting the access points.

Was believed it was an inside council job because they'd lay the cable during the day, it would be ripped out that night - and it's apparently no easy feat to pull it all out either.

That’s unreal. Heard there are 9 sporting clubs who have recently been targeted.
Arm across
Mini-League

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Woodville South

Postby Brodlach » Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:40 am

Soccer club next to Fitzroy was hit about a week ago
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby tigerpie » Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:48 am

A few years ago I found the main gas line up at our club had been cut through with a hacksaw.
So lucky it didn't spark cause it would've killed the idiot that tried it.
Luckily once he broke through the wall thickness of the pipe, he must've realised and stopped and buggered off.
Bloody lunacy!!!
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 501 times
Been liked: 431 times

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League