Permits - the age old debate

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: Permits - the age old debate

Postby jake the snake » Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:27 pm

Down the Hill wrote:Yes it does. The team that receives the forfeit is entitled to load a team sheet on PlayHQ. That's been a rule for many many years.

Incorrect
jake the snake
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 12 times

Postby Down the Hill » Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:54 pm

You've got me Jake. I forgot about the "Jessie White" rule change that removed that provision coming into the 2023 season. However, the league did make the following statement when they explained this year's rule changes.

Only matches PLAYED will be considered for eligibility. Permit Committee has discretion to consider extenuating circumstances. I.e. Shortened seasons/forfeits/legitimate claims.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 276 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby beef » Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:09 pm

Down the Hill wrote:You've got me Jake. I forgot about the "Jessie White" rule change that removed that provision coming into the 2023 season. However, the league did make the following statement when they explained this year's rule changes.

Only matches PLAYED will be considered for eligibility. Permit Committee has discretion to consider extenuating circumstances. I.e. Shortened seasons/forfeits/legitimate claims.

So i assume the "legitimate claims" clause is why this permit got approved despite only playing 2 games + 1 forfeit?
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 255 times

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:44 pm

beef wrote:
Down the Hill wrote:You've got me Jake. I forgot about the "Jessie White" rule change that removed that provision coming into the 2023 season. However, the league did make the following statement when they explained this year's rule changes.

So i assume the "legitimate claims" clause is why this permit got approved despite only playing 2 games + 1 forfeit?

So they bring in a new rule with a clause that negates the original new rule.
Silly much?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2227 times
Been liked: 2523 times

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League