3%
Salisbury
14%
St Pauls OS
No votes

Total votes : 37

Re: 2024 Adelaide Footy League - Division 6

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:19 pm

The Bedge wrote:Some absolute beltings in Round 1! Rosewater and St Paul's OS with the closest encounter - 1 point game.

Eager to see how those two (Rosewater and St Pauls) go this weekend, could give a better insight into where they compare. Similarly with Salisbury and Adelaide Lutheran who both had very large wins and weren't challenged.

If Houghton produce another effort like they did on the weekend, Eastern Park could run up a cricket score at home once more. A very handy position for the Demons whose percentage boost against Elizabeth wont be repeated and gives them a very handy early advantage.

Are you saying, that is it for Elizabeth?
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby The Bedge » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:20 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:Are you saying, that is it for Elizabeth?

Nah, I'm saying no other team will kick 55 goals against them.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3195 times
Been liked: 4008 times

Postby BulkEFC » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:14 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:Are you saying, that is it for Elizabeth?

Nah, I'm saying no other team will kick 55 goals against them.

I'd say this might Elizabeth's average defeat this season.
BulkEFC
Mini-League

Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Angle Vale

Postby #bleedredandblue » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:31 pm

Round 2
Elizabeth vs St Paul’s - St Paul’s 130 points
Salisbury vs Adelaide Lutheran - Salisbury 45 points
Eastern Park vs Houghton - Houghton 14 points
Fitzroy vs Rosewater - Fitzroy 25 points
Central United vs Ingle Farm - Ingle farm 80 points
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 53 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby The Bedge » Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:14 pm

Eastern Park, Chris Knapp defeat Elizabeth by 340 points in division six
A revitalised Adelaide Footy League club recorded one of the biggest wins in competition history over the weekend, with a returning star midfielder booting 22 goals.

An Adelaide Footy League club recorded its biggest ever win and one of the biggest in league history over the weekend to kick start its 2024 season.

Revitalised division six club Eastern Park kicked 55 goals against Elizabeth to beat the Eagles 55.17 (347) to 1.1 (7) on Saturday, with midfielder-turned-forward Chris Knapp booting 22.3.

The win was one of the biggest in league history and the biggest since Kilburn’s 67.35 (437) to 0.1 (1) loss to Pembroke OS, 63.29 (407) to 2.0 (12) loss to Unley and 54.23 (347) to 1.0 (6) loss to Seaton, all suffered in the 2014 season.

Knapp, a star midfielder who returned to the Demons from Loxton ahead of this season, made the move to the forwardline with his side down on key targets.

“To be honest, it was surreal,” Knapp said.

“I’ve never really been part of a game like that before and 22 goals is definitely my best ever return.

“I usually play on the wing or through the middle but we had a few blokes pull out and I put my hand up to go up front.

“I was hoping to get on the end of a few.”

The club favourite did more than that, kicking just one goal in the opening term but adding 21 more through the next three.

With consistent and accurate delivery by his midfielders, Knapp was able to slot goals from inside and outside 50 in a performance he will never forget.

“The boys started having their way in the middle and lowered their eyes to find me,” he said.

“I kicked 10 in the second and they sat an extra back on me at one stage so it took some really good ball-use by the boys.

“Once I started approaching 20 goals everyone was pretty engaged on the ground and the sidelines so it was a good feeling.”

The opening round win was an import one for Eastern Park after the club finished bottom of division five last season.

Knapp believed the side could do a lot of damage in division six this year.

“I think we’re a really strong side this year and the small ground at Eastern Park can be quite overwhelming,” he said.

“This is honestly the strongest I’ve seen the footy club bin a long time. We’ve had some decent recruits and returning players as well.

“We don’t have everyone available at the moment but we’re hoping to get back to full fitness soon and hopefully build some momentum after the big win.

“Internally we know we have the potential to be around the mark this season but we want to stay level-headed and take each game as it comes.”

The Demons will take on Houghton Districts at home this Saturday.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby redyellow&blue » Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:20 pm

The Bedge wrote:Eastern Park, Chris Knapp defeat Elizabeth by 340 points in division six

Knapp believed the side could do a lot of damage in division six this year.

Also EP

Houghton to win this week by 14 points.
redyellow&blue
Rookie

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 38 times

Postby wenchbarwer » Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:38 pm

Interesting that the article was also written by Daniel Renfrey. Wonder if he wants to revisit his end of year predictions again?
wenchbarwer
Under 16s

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 82 times

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:40 pm

The score isn't even close to a league record.

Doesn't even make the top 20
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:35 am

Very interested to see how Houghton respond this weekend against Eastern Park - it'll help give more insight into the season as well.

Are Salisbury really that strong? Can Eastern Park be challenged? Are Houghton on the slide?

Raiders last 3 losses have been 86, 86 and 139 - If Eastern Park are the real deal, they could be staring down the barrel of another heavy defeat this week, which will set them a fair way back early in the season.

Guess the upside this year is you know Elizabeth are cooked, so only one other side will be relegated - you can focus on winning the games you should, and then plan, build and develop ready for an assault next year knowing you'll be safe and EP and Salisbury will be gone.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Old Fellow » Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:28 pm

A lot of close results in this division for round 2. Going to be very lop sided.
The Old Fellow
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Postby The Bedge » Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:30 am

Units were a better side than the result suggests - started slow with Farmers kicking 7 goals to 0, then last quarter was 6 goals to 1.. the middle two quarters very even and competitive - wasted F50 entries, failed to captilise on momentum.

May not win many games this year, but take a brave team to head out there and underestimate them - they are capable of causing an upset or two.

Biggest barrier they have is depth. Only two players in the B grade looked capable of being able to step up - the #4 and the #18.. if they get injuries in the 1s then it may get ugly.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby #bleedredandblue » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:18 am

Division 6 supporters getting blessed this Thursday afternoon with a grand final preview when Ingle Farm host Salisbury for Anzac Day in what’s sure to be an absolute beauty!

The Rigney boys, Reece Johnston, Mason Pitt and big Sando all absolutely flying for the doggies

Sean Hee and Brad Prior doing the brunt of the tough work through the middle of the ground to make things look easy up front for James Gameau and Brodie Brooks for the Magpies

Grand final preview, congratulations to both teams for wonderful seasons to date and a special mention the the Farmers for moving up 2 divisions in consecutive seasons. All the best
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Postby The Bedge » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:16 am

Geez Louise, we aren't even sitting in the top 3 at the moment haha! In fact after the weekend, we could find ourselves 5th! :lol:

Salisbury clearly the benchmark - what they did to Lutheran on the weekend was ridiculous, and given Luthies beat Units by the same as Farmers did, there are worrying signs.

Sadly, we have a few missing Thursday - couple away on Hamilton Island + some injuries.. but we will have a crack and look forward to seeing the level that's needed this year to be a contender.

Next two weeks will be a real test for the Farmers - flag fancies EP away the week after, could well lose touch with the top 5.

We are however blessed and privileged to be afforded the opportunity to play on Thursday afternoon, and that hasn't been lost on the playing group, and we hope we can present out club in the best possible way.. i'll walk around with an extender bat and taser just to make sure mob behave if I have to. 8) :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby #bleedredandblue » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:57 am

Round 3
Ingle Farm vs Salisbury - Salisbury 30 points
Houghton vs Elizabeth - Houghton 150 points
St Paul’s vs Fitzroy - Fitzroy 40 points
Rosewater vs Central United - Rosewater 35 points
Adelaide Lutheran vs Eastern Park - Lutheran 22 points
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Postby The Bedge » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:20 am

#bleedredandblue wrote:Round 3
St Paul’s vs Fitzroy - Fitzroy 40 points
Rosewater vs Central United - Rosewater 35 points

Very interested to see how these two matches go. St Pauls are off to a flyer, but only beat Rosewater by a 1pt in Rd 1 and had Elizabeth Rd 2. Real challenge this week.

Rosewater touched up by Fitzroy on the weekend in the A grade, but dominated the 2s.. Units been slammed both games but still had 16 scoring shots Saturday - aren't without hope..
The Bedge
Coach

Postby cracka » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:19 pm

Not sure where to put this.

Just had a look at the 1st 2 rounds of all the grades & there have been some big wins/losses from div 7 up to even div 3, even taking away the Gaza & Elizabeth results.

Having never been involved in SAAFL/AdFL, from afar is doesn't look like promotion/relegation is working for making the lower grades even competitions. Is there another solution to the unevenness we're seeing that wouldn't involve clubs sandbagging.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby scottroo » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:13 pm

Only going to get more lopsided as players jump from sinking ships mid year.

Personally closing the transfer window earlier then June 30 would help, there could be an appeal process for legit cases.

Maybe restricting a players freedom to transfer? Make all contracts minimum 24 months and perhaps restricting non contracted players to one transfer every 24 months.

I know a player, who’s at his fourth club in four years. That’s not good for anyone
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:54 pm

cracka wrote:Not sure where to put this.

Just had a look at the 1st 2 rounds of all the grades & there have been some big wins/losses from div 7 up to even div 3, even taking away the Gaza & Elizabeth results.

Having never been involved in SAAFL/AdFL, from afar is doesn't look like promotion/relegation is working for making the lower grades even competitions. Is there another solution to the unevenness we're seeing that wouldn't involve clubs sandbagging.

How do you measure unevenness though? When you have 6-7x the clubs of most other leagues then it’s going to occur from time to time. Even though clubs like Elizabeth, Gaza, Portland ect are getting belted right now, they won flags not long ago or featured in 2nd or 3rd weeks of finals. You could go though most country comps in SA and name at least 20-25% of the clubs who haven’t featured in at least a second semi final in the last 12-15 years.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 741 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby scottroo » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:11 am

Portland actually had a win Saturday LK and we’re competitive round 1
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby wristwatcher » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:07 am

#bleedredandblue wrote:Division 6 supporters getting blessed this Thursday afternoon with a grand final preview when Ingle Farm host Salisbury for Anzac Day in what’s sure to be an absolute beauty!

The Rigney boys, Reece Johnston, Mason Pitt and big Sando all absolutely flying for the doggies

Sean Hee and Brad Prior doing the brunt of the tough work through the middle of the ground to make things look easy up front for James Gameau and Brodie Brooks for the Magpies

Grand final preview, congratulations to both teams for wonderful seasons to date and a special mention the the Farmers for moving up 2 divisions in consecutive seasons. All the best

What an absolute brilliant initiative by these 2 clubs. Obviously there is a strong connection there with Chris Pike serving her country in both World Wars :D Is there anything this great woman cant do.

In all seriousness though i think this is as good as it gets. Its the one day that entitlement seems to hide for a brief sojourn and the Woke shut their holes for 5 minutes. Forever grateful for the sacrifices made to give us the opportunities' we have and to play footy on Anzac day is an honour and a privilege.

I will definitely come down for a look at the Resrves before i have to shoot off.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 849 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League