Para Hills
57%
Smithfield
14%

Total votes : 28

2024 Adelaide Footy League - Division 7

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:18 pm

D7 talk goes here - Teams subject to change
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Re: 2024 Adelaide Footy League - Division 7

Postby The Bedge » Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:24 pm

Para Hills vs OSB Lonsdale GF.

Hope Brahma get smacked.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4003 times

Postby Burner » Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:46 pm

The Bedge wrote:Para Hills vs OSB Lonsdale GF.

Hope Brahma get smacked.

Some of the $$ I’m hearing being offered from Brahma to average footballers is ridiculous, but not all that surprising
Burner

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby The Old Fellow » Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:48 pm

Burner wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Para Hills vs OSB Lonsdale GF.

Hope Brahma get smacked.

Some of the $$ I’m hearing being offered from Brahma to average footballers is ridiculous, but not all that surprising

The only payments in this grade should be a pie and a can of coke if you played well. Still half of the team may not get paid.
The Old Fellow
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Postby The Bedge » Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:00 am

Burner wrote:Some of the $$ I’m hearing being offered from Brahma to average footballers is ridiculous, but not all that surprising

Ridiculous is an understatement.. I've spoken to 4 players in the last week who've given a rough figure of what the lodge are offering them - figures have ranged from $300 to $600 per game.

I've just told them best of luck to ya if that's what you want to do.

Is funny though, talk to some people and they express a lack of desire to play D6 footy, being a drop in standard.. but then in the same breath mention being offered stupid money to play D7 and appear to be considering it. :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Executive Member » Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:06 am

The Bedge wrote:
Burner wrote:Some of the $$ I’m hearing being offered from Brahma to average footballers is ridiculous, but not all that surprising

Ridiculous is an understatement.. I've spoken to 4 players in the last week who've given a rough figure of what the lodge are offering them - figures have ranged from $300 to $600 per game.

Is funny though, talk to some people and they express a lack of desire to play D6 footy, being a drop in standard.. but then in the same breath mention being offered stupid money to play D7 and appear to be considering it. :lol:

Think some blokes might be adding a zero on the offer :lol:

I know one bloke come in asking for $500 and left disappointed
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby Burner » Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:54 am

Executive Member wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

I know a fella who played D5 reserves being offered $350 per game
Burner

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby Executive Member » Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:58 am

Burner wrote:
Executive Member wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

I know a fella who played D5 reserves being offered $350 per game

you know what he has told you, not what really happened inside the room - more to the point if he is a b grade footballer offered that amount and didn't sign, he is either loose with the truth or an absolute fool

Breaking News - player says he got offered massive coin to play from another club
Executive Member
Veteran

Postby carey » Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:18 pm

Executive Member wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

I did say Please.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2809 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Executive Member » Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:17 pm

carey wrote:
Executive Member wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

I did say Please.

you wouldnt get out of bed for $500 a game
Executive Member
Veteran

Postby SecretInformant » Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:39 pm

If you haven't played AFL/SANFL/Div 1 A Grade standard, you shouldn't be getting anywhere close to $500 a game. It is ridiculous what some players demand (and get paid) for being pretty average players.
SecretInformant

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby The Bedge » Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:49 pm

SecretInformant wrote:If you haven't played AFL/SANFL/Div 1 A Grade standard, you shouldn't be getting anywhere close to $500 a game. It is ridiculous what some players demand (and get paid) for being pretty average players.

Everything wrong with community football.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:50 pm

SecretInformant wrote:If you haven't played AFL/SANFL/Div 1 A Grade standard, you shouldn't be getting anywhere close to $500 a game. It is ridiculous what some players demand (and get paid) for being pretty average players.

Your value is what someone else is willing to pay so goodluck to them if they can get it.

I do laugh though, not a week goes by between November-February where i don't get a facebook message from someone offering their services for X amount.

Even funnier when they are a div6 / div 7 ressies or fringe player, thinking they will come out and just dominate a country comp. I know we are slow in the country but we aren't stupid haha.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Bedge » Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:56 pm

whufc wrote:Your value is what someone else is willing to pay so goodluck to them if they can get it.

Problem is someone, somewhere IS willing to pay it.. and these mongers ply their trade jumping from club to club with nothing but their own self interests at hand.. especially in the lower grades.

Chuck in some photo shaking hands with a coach or president looking all staunch like the savior, and have everyone kiss their arse for 10min only further adds to the inflation of ego and vindication.

I'd be a massive advocate for sliding/scaled salary cap from D1 to D7, and further more scaled max player payment for the division.

Sadly it's as much about protecting the club against themselves as it is about the integrity of the competition.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Oct 26, 2023 3:12 pm

The Bedge wrote:
whufc wrote:Your value is what someone else is willing to pay so goodluck to them if they can get it.

Problem is someone, somewhere IS willing to pay it.. and these mongers ply their trade jumping from club to club with nothing but their own self interests at hand.. especially in the lower grades.

Chuck in some photo shaking hands with a coach or president looking all staunch like the savior, and have everyone kiss their arse for 10min only further adds to the inflation of ego and vindication.

I'd be a massive advocate for sliding/scaled salary cap from D1 to D7, and further more scaled max player payment for the division.

Sadly it's as much about protecting the club against themselves as it is about the integrity of the competition.

100% agree with you and I wouldn’t have an issue with rules like you’ve suggested or anything that stops the club transfer merry go round

I just can’t blame the players if people are silly enough to pay it, I’m not sure how works in Adelaide but I even had blokes messaging looking for a couple hundred a game to play in our b grade side. That would be deal of a century for a footballer.

Different clubs in different positions so I can understand clubs that do it but you won’t see us doing the handshake photo thing in Facebook, if a player needs that to come play for us gtfo. Haha. Plus we only have a total of 5 points that are being used anyway so can’t really recruit haha

My motto is if you come to me offering your services for x amount you’re also going to do that even if we sign you so it’s a pass from me.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Bedge » Thu Oct 26, 2023 3:24 pm

D7 - $100 max per player, $1,000 max weekly cap.
D6 - $150 max per player, $1,500 max weekly cap.
D5 - $200 max per player, $,1750 max weekly cap.
D4 - $250 max per player, $2,500 max weekly cap.
D3 - $300 max per player, $3,000 max weekly cap.
D2 - $400 max per player, $3,500 max weekly cap.
D1 - $600 max per player, go your hardest max weekly cap.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Thu Oct 26, 2023 3:40 pm

The Bedge wrote:D7 - $100 max per player, $1,000 max weekly cap.

There is already a max payment that clubs don’t adhere to, this will change little.

Clubs just need to be smarter and don’t offer stupid money to players
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby redyellow&blue » Thu Oct 26, 2023 3:47 pm

The Bedge wrote:D7 - $100 max per player, $1,000 max weekly cap.

Shooting yourself in the foot there. and basically leaves no room for lower grade clubs to be able to entice higher grade players across so they can move up the ladder, not just circle in the same divisions.
redyellow&blue
Rookie

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 38 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Oct 26, 2023 3:53 pm

redyellow&blue wrote:Shooting yourself in the foot there. and basically leaves no room for lower grade clubs to be able to entice higher grade players across so they can move up the ladder, not just circle in the same divisions.

Let's agree to disagree.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby wenchbarwer » Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:07 pm

whufc wrote:100% agree with you and I wouldn’t have an issue with rules like you’ve suggested or anything that stops the club transfer merry go round

I just can’t blame the players if people are silly enough to pay it, I’m not sure how works in Adelaide but I even had blokes messaging looking for a couple hundred a game to play in our b grade side. That would be deal of a century for a footballer.

Different clubs in different positions so I can understand clubs that do it but you won’t see us doing the handshake photo thing in Facebook, if a player needs that to come play for us gtfo. Haha. Plus we only have a total of 5 points that are being used anyway so can’t really recruit haha

My motto is if you come to me offering your services for x amount you’re also going to do that even if we sign you so it’s a pass from me.

Do players actively shop themselves? I assumed it was the other way, not that I've been involved with clubs for a long while.

Mate of mine, his lad will get half a dozen messages each off season from various clubs. I assumed this was the norm!
wenchbarwer
Under 16s

Has liked: 289 times
Been liked: 82 times

Next

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League