THE BIGGEST CHOKERS OF THE SAAFL

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Postby The Real Number 3 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:27 pm

151 that is a kid from the dutch soccer league supporting Feyenoord i think it is..
One More!
The Real Number 3
League - Best 21

Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 67 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Hafey » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:30 pm

turkey slapper wrote:Hafey, i think your adidas 3 stripe tshirt is to tight. what a bloody stupid comment. I was under the impression that the team that holds the cup up at the final siren in any sport on GF day was THE BEST IN THE LEAGUE. ?? I am sick of hearing " oh the best team didnt win" or " ah, luck wasnt on their side today" The reason the stats look so bloody good is exactly that....they were the best team in the league, hence why the cup is at their joint !
As for the standard..I think the league is as strong as ever and still does have a lot of league players playing in it. The only difference is with the addition of the AFL the SANFL players are not as high profile as it was pre crows. In the GF, there would have ben at least 10 players that have played SANFL??? i would think that BD would take it up to any div 2 team, and give some Div 1 clubs a run for their money. So get off your high horse, it sounds like sour grapes to me !!

What drugs are you on turkey slapper ?? obviously the same shit as that other Barossa Districts lover 151 . Back in my day and when i won premierships we acknowledged that we may have won the GF but we wernt the best side for that year and that is exactly the case with BD . Freeling beat them every other game during the year but came unstuck at the final hurdle . I watched several Div 1 & 2 games & BL&G games including BD last year and there is no way BD would get close in a home and away game , sounds like wishful thinking to me !!

You wouldnt fill out a addias 3 stripe t shirt pin head & enjoy your year watching Barossa at the caravan park .
What i dont know about football isnt worth knowing .
Hafey
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby The Gimp » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:00 pm

Hafey wrote:
turkey slapper wrote:Hafey, i think your adidas 3 stripe tshirt is to tight. what a bloody stupid comment. I was under the impression that the team that holds the cup up at the final siren in any sport on GF day was THE BEST IN THE LEAGUE. ?? I am sick of hearing " oh the best team didnt win" or " ah, luck wasnt on their side today" The reason the stats look so bloody good is exactly that....they were the best team in the league, hence why the cup is at their joint !
As for the standard..I think the league is as strong as ever and still does have a lot of league players playing in it. The only difference is with the addition of the AFL the SANFL players are not as high profile as it was pre crows. In the GF, there would have ben at least 10 players that have played SANFL??? i would think that BD would take it up to any div 2 team, and give some Div 1 clubs a run for their money. So get off your high horse, it sounds like sour grapes to me !!

What drugs are you on turkey slapper ?? obviously the same shit as that other Barossa Districts lover 151 . Back in my day and when i won premierships we acknowledged that we may have won the GF but we wernt the best side for that year and that is exactly the case with BD . Freeling beat them every other game during the year but came unstuck at the final hurdle . I watched several Div 1 & 2 games & BL&G games including BD last year and there is no way BD would get close in a home and away game , sounds like wishful thinking to me !!

You wouldnt fill out a addias 3 stripe t shirt pin head & enjoy your year watching Barossa at the caravan park .

"back in my day", blah, blah, blah. Get on with the times you old fart!!!

So bloody what if Freeling beat BD both times during the year. It doesn't mean shit if you can't beat them on GF Day!! It is quite obvious that they weren't the best side for the year. It's not bloody English Premier League!!!
The Gimp
Reserves

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Birdwood

Postby Barbara » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:29 pm

dinglinga wrote:kilburn could be ur div 3 benchmark next year

SMOSH will be around the mark. I haven't spoke to my contact for a while but they were making some pretty good in roads to reconstructing their team from a few years ago and enticing the Mt. Barker boys back.
Barbara
Rookie

Postby turkey slapper » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:16 pm

Pretty strong statement, for a once powerfull team.
you know someone there, and have some inside info.??

I have heard they have signed Port player daniel coleman, brayden lyle, 2 mail medalists and brent frewen??
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?
turkey slapper

Postby Brad Man » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:48 pm

turkey slapper wrote:
Hafey wrote:151 those stats look reasonable on paper but dont tell the true story , Freeling finished minor premiers ( deafeting Barossa comfortably twice during the season ) won the 2nd semi and went straight into the GF & unfortunately for them fell over at the final hurdle due to complacesency . How often do you see the out and out favorites and best side for the year got knocked off in the GF ???? this was another case of this .

Other then Freeling no other club in that league would of worthy of Div 3 here in Adelaide . The few games i watched in the Barossa last year i found the standard poor at best , It is a shame as that league used to rival Div 1 standards going back 10 years .

Sorry but Barossa Districts over achieving by a long way and winning the 2006 GF was just a reflection of how much the BL&G has gone downhill .

As for a prediction i dont follow the league close enough to open myself up for a predicted position finish , i will predict that Barossa definately wont be coached well enough or have the talent to go back to back . Like i said it was a Steve Bradbury win in 2006

Hafey, i think your adidas 3 stripe tshirt is to tight. what a bloody stupid comment. I was under the impression that the team that holds the cup up at the final siren in any sport on GF day was THE BEST IN THE LEAGUE. ?? I am sick of hearing " oh the best team didnt win" or " ah, luck wasnt on their side today" The reason the stats look so bloody good is exactly that....they were the best team in the league, hence why the cup is at their joint !

Dont you wish you never made that stupid statement, Hafey because now you are being made to look very silly with bagging the team that won the flag............. it is as simple as that
Brad Man
Rookie

Postby barbs » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:40 pm

turkey slapper wrote:

Pretty strong statement, for a once powerfull team.
you know someone there, and have some inside info.??

I have heard they have signed Port player daniel coleman, brayden lyle, 2 mail medalists and brent frewen??

Brayden Lyle played 4 years ago and did f**k all
barbs
Under 16s

Been liked: 1 time

Postby 151 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:45 am

I dont take any "shit" hafey
A loved your comment of " back in my day when I won premierships"
You certainly have tickets on yourself
Your knowledge of cocking in a couple of posts tells me you are a ex Pt District player
Now i understand your mentality of your comments, i must admit it was great beating those dickheads, remember one game when they went the knuckle and they lost that as well, perhaps you was one of those smart guys who voted to go to SAFA, what a wonderful move that was, and now this year spending mega bucks, which you tend to do every 3-4 years before you go broke again and end up in A2 again
The board has kiked some people of for using names of other people perhaps they should look at you because the real hafey has more sense than what you have been speaking
Yes i am a BD lover because i love seeing the underdogs do well, is there anything wrong with that, suggest you go down to the pier or the portland and have a couple of more beers / or just maybe the colac may be your choice
Under 16s

Postby turkey slapper » Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:24 pm

Hafey wrote:

Actually " pin head" i do fill out my adidas tshirt very well, from drinking all that piss after beating Port Districts in the 94 GF......hahahahahahahahhh. Was it metal spriggs in your day HAFEY??
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?
turkey slapper

Postby Hafey » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:58 pm

Knowing 151 and turkey slapper are kilburn inbred's i have no need to carry this bullshit on about how good Barossa Districts & Kilburn are . I look forward to our first meeting of 2007 and gaining some valuable percentage and watch you go back to A3 where you belong , fair dinkum Kilburn have and always will be nothing more then a bunch of criminals and thugs and will be nothing more then a memory in another 10 years .

As for Barossa Districts they will be bankrupt by the time Oconnor has finished with them , buying premierships with more imports then any other club is a shallow victory and that is a fact .

When i laced up my jumper and nailed my stops in i would of only wished i played against minos like Barossa .
Hafey
Under 16s

Postby 151 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:11 pm

if you read your previous post you will see you started with the crap comments, once again your facts are wrong, freeling have more imports than BD, my affliation with BD is i am a sponsor, as i am with 2 other clubs in the SAANFL and Kilburn is where i did play along with a couple of other clubs. Oconner is the coach not the treasurer, i see you didnt comment on port districts, as for kilburn thugs etc, they were and then in the 90s the most successful club going around they weren't thugs then but now it is so dissapointing to see where they are
i just hope you get onto constructive talk on these boards rather than hide behind someone and put down clubs and people, have a look in your own back yard
Under 16s

Postby dinglinga » Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:37 pm

hafey ...in ten years time u can read the history books and 2006 BLG premiers will read barossa districts.....get over it ....so what if they have spent penny to get where they are.... bet there are plenty of clubs that have spent many a dollar and gained nothing... hafey did the beer taste like home brew when u lost the gf ... and yes kilburn are struggling. go to feel sorry for danny ryan .. doin every job possible with little assistance....

i know where i work we sponsor a couple of SAAFL clubs one being kilburn .....
dinglinga
League - Best 21

Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby 151 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:47 pm

i agree dinglinga
Danny Ryan not getting much help at all,
freeling have spent a fortune the last 2 years
Probably what port districts will spend this year
Under 16s

Postby Brad Man » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:50 pm

What has happened Hafey we have heard from you recently have you checked youself in the Glenside Hospital, We all miss your stupid statements............. get well soon,
Brad Man
Rookie

Postby Hafey » Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:55 pm

Brad Man wrote:What has happened Hafey we have heard from you recently have you checked youself in the Glenside Hospital, We all miss your stupid statements............. get well soon,

Stupid comments ?? i was running through punks like you when you were just a twinkle in your daddy's eye , what i dont know about football isnt worth knowing so to get involved in disputes about no future clubs like Barossa Districts & Kilburn is a waste of my valuable time .

Here is one last " statement " for you Brad Boy , Kilburn will be A3 next year & Barossa Districts will be back were they belong at the bottom of the ladder and only a poor memory in 5 years .

You just wait and see .....
Hafey
Under 16s

Postby 151 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:36 pm

1 - dont know how Barossa even got involved here, it was your comment about Barossa winning a Grand Final
2 - Port District will go up for a couple of years go broke again because someone robs the till like the past and will go down to A2
3 - Your comments suggest you was one of 2 players
3a - a 5'10" wingman with red hair or
3b - a 5'5" fat back pocket player who played a few A grade games when Pt District were shit but when they splurged ended up on the bench Bs
They are my predictions and assumptions of you, and what you dont know about football isnt worth knowing ??????? coming from Port District that would be stuff all
By the way seeing you know so much, Do you remember Exeter, you know the team that amalamated with Semi Central (also by the way my father is a life member) so they could make Pt District, question who was the last team they played and were beaten by at Pt District..........Answer Kilburn they couldnt even win that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Under 16s

Postby Brad Man » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:09 pm

151 he sounds like the wingman type!!! We have put a bit of pressure on him and he is now off selling hotdogs on the outer wing!!!! Com'n Haffey you refer to your lusterous football career feel free to share some details of it put the proof in the pudding
Brad Man
Rookie

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun May 27, 2007 10:55 am

The biggest chockers in SAAFL history are clearly Seaton Ramblers.The 1993 A2 competition was dominated by them.Kenilworth and Modbury were the closest teams to get near them in the minor rounds and even then they got touched up.Seaton won the semi (Then it was top 4) in which they defeated SHOC'S and Kenilworth beat SPOC then lost to SHOC'S in the prelim.
Now no one got within 5 goals of Seaton all year and they were that confident they would win the GF they had shit loads of premiership tees made up before the game and even the PLAYERS wore them to the game and 'aparently' they were spotted around the town the night before the gf pissing on just thinking they had to show up to take the A2 premiership.
The result; SHOC's won the A2 flag by 1 solitary point in the biggest choke in SAAFL history. It is still laughed about to this day. :lol:
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Westsider » Sun May 27, 2007 11:35 am

sharkers01

I've read most of your posts lately. Seriously your comments have no credibility because all you do is swear and abuse people. I haven't seen a post yet where you respect someone elses comments and put forward yours in a calm manner. Seriously dude, take a chill pill mate.
Westsider
League - Best 21

Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: THE BIGGEST CHOKERS OF THE SAAFL

Postby Brad Man » Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:01 pm

Still Freeling nothing has changed over the past three years........................................
Brad Man
Rookie

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League