Fabian Francis

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Fabian Francis

Postby Dog_ger » Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:14 pm

Front page of the News Review Messenger. Fabian to coach the Mighty Salisbury West Tigers in 2006 - 2007
Sorry about the scan. My paper got sunburned...! It's so bloody hot out here...! Click on the pic to enlarge it and you will see it better..?
Smile :)

It's only Money $$$ :)

What is happening to our SANFL guys...
Dog_ger
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 19 times

Postby stan » Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:26 pm

This appointment has been well talked about. I would have thought salisbury west would have adopted a low profile next season after the disgrace that was there GF behaviour.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1254 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Dog_ger » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:17 pm

I don't think the club or the local football population is proud of what happened. The players have a lengthy club ban as well as a competition ban. The club will start 6 points behind every other competing club. To have banned the club from competition would have punished the local community too great. Pay the penalty, get on with life. Do the crime, serve the time.

Dog_ger
Coach

Postby BM » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:25 am

How many chances do Salis West need to get their club in order? They have been dirty thugs for years and surely one more cock up will see the end of them. Having said that the SAAFL are a gutless organisation so any permanent action is unlikely.
BM
Rookie

Been liked: 0 time

Postby MW » Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:11 pm

I have it on good authority that Fabian is trying to get Che C-Collins and Ricky O'loughlan out to Sal. West also...with Fabian putting the boots on as well for a few. Would make a potent forward line...
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2617 times
Been liked: 1856 times

Postby stan » Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:01 pm

Yes and starting 6 points behind will mean that they will proabably need those players.
stan
Coach

Postby Dog_ger » Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:33 pm

It's good we got this conversation going..! There was too much bad air before to stick up for them. If this happened to your local club, I would be sticking up for your local club..! There is too many juniors in the area who haven't got a clue as to what's going on that would be punished for what ever you think would be an appropriate punishment.. Fabian will change the culture if he stays there long enough...! He wants an SANFL position and you can't blame him..! Show some interest in the Sunday mail and see how they go this year..? Go the Tigers...! You'll find me stand'n along side the UnderDogs

Dog_ger
Coach

Postby Pag » Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:42 pm

MW wrote:I have it on good authority that Fabian is trying to get Che C-Collins and Ricky O'loughlan out to Sal. West also...with Fabian putting the boots on as well for a few. Would make a potent forward line...

I heard somewhere that Cockatoo-Collins will be Francis' assistant...
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby Dog_ger » Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:47 pm

I don't have anything to do with the club and can't answer any questions. My Son played for them many years ago, thats the only interest I have. And when I walk to the shops I have to pass the juniors playing so I can't help myself by stopping and watching. But I do believe that Fabian will don the boots later in the season. Worth going down for a beer just to take a look, thats for sure...!

Dog_ger
Coach

Postby super » Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:50 pm

I dont think Salisbury West should be rewarded with a certain finals spot, which is whats going to happen with them staying down in D4. They should have been sent down to D6 or D7, or made to go up to D3 and get there pants pulled down! They will now have a great year this season, probably win a flag and all is forgotten.(That is until things turn pear-shaped again and they all turn on each other again!!!). Why reward cowardly behaviour and stupidy?
super
Mini-League

Postby Dog_ger » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:44 pm

Super... What makes you tick...?

Dog_ger
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:06 am

MW wrote:I have it on good authority that Fabian is trying to get Che C-Collins and Ricky O'loughlan out to Sal. West also...with Fabian putting the boots on as well for a few. Would make a potent forward line

If the rest of the side had the ability to get the ball down there,then yes.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7503 times
Been liked: 10795 times

Postby stan » Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:39 am

super wrote:I dont think Salisbury West should be rewarded with a certain finals spot, which is whats going to happen with them staying down in D4. They should have been sent down to D6 or D7, or made to go up to D3 and get there pants pulled down! They will now have a great year this season, probably win a flag and all is forgotten.(That is until things turn pear-shaped again and they all turn on each other again!!!). Why reward cowardly behaviour and stupidy?

Going up a divison is a big step up for clubs, Keeping them down simply means that they wasted last year. IMO its a bigger punishment to be in the same div again (when you have earned the chance to be promoted) then to be fined.

Putting them down to Div 6 or div 7 will only punish the teams that play in that div an cant afford to pay players. Of course there are a few that can. There always are.
stan
Coach

Postby MW » Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:50 am

Booney wrote:
MW wrote:I have it on good authority that Fabian is trying to get Che C-Collins and Ricky O'loughlan out to Sal. West also...with Fabian putting the boots on as well for a few. Would make a potent forward line

Well without these players they were good enough to make the GF in the same grade so I am thinking they will not struggle this year, with or without the 6 points.
MW
Coach

Postby Dog_ger » Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:20 pm

You made a good point MW........

Dog_ger
Coach

Postby stan » Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:38 pm

MW wrote:
Booney wrote:

Well without these players they were good enough to make the GF in the same grade so I am thinking they will not struggle this year, with or without the 6 points.

But will they keep all of there top line players???
Will they stay even though they might want to play in div 3. Will they still stay there after all the bad media and what not happening around the club. Maybe, maybe not. Time will tell.
stan
Coach

Postby MW » Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:45 pm

From what I've heard they have only lost the thugs from last years GF. Should make for an interesting year for them either way...
MW
Coach

Postby stan » Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:53 pm

Excellent post FC. You have made some very valid points. I agree and have said pretty much all along i would have wanted to see SW kicked out. Not only to get them out of the comp but for the ameture league to take a big stand and send a clear message to other feral clubs that this will not be tolerated.

Tony Zanker (after being targeted in the 2nd semi as well) had his eye socket smashed behind play and couldnt see out of his right eye for 6 weeks, had surgery to put plates in his face...not cheap, didnt have private cover (his own problem, i know, but not the point here), is self employed and missed out on 8 weeks of income with 5 kids to feed. Do you think his $20k + surgery bill is any comparison to the $2000 Salisbury West was fined? Think not...

Ryan Bartsch had his jaw broken in 3 places- more surgery, not to mention 3 concussions, and 2 bleeding heads (including Macca's). This thuggery was REWARDED with the certainty of having another crack at a Grannie in 2006. Has Salisbury West recruited Francis to try and clean up the club?

Should someone be held accountable for the medical expenses?
stan
Coach

Postby BM » Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:47 am

Falcon Chick u r spot on the money. Gepps have had their problems with S West in the past and fines and piss weak suspensions did not work then as they wont now. SAAFL are a limp wristed gutless organization and will regret their lack of hard decision making ability sooner rather than later.
BM
Rookie

Postby MW » Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:59 am

Build a bridge people... :roll:
MW
Coach

Next

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League