World Cup 2015

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: World Cup 2015

Postby locky801 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:10 pm

:partyman: :partyman: :partyman: :supz:

well done the Irish
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3781 times
Been liked: 1180 times

Postby RB » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:25 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:get the Guinness, Kilkenny flowing and get the Jamesons on Ice!

I hear they've got nine days till their next match...
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 773 times
Been liked: 1083 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:54 pm

The Windies are battlin considering they struggled to beat the mighty Scottish last week
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11937 times
Been liked: 3639 times

Postby gadj1976 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:51 pm

I'm off to Canberra next week to see a game that I thought was going to be one sided.

I still think it will but the result might change given the results on the weekend (the game next week is West Indies vs Zimbabwe).
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby Grahaml » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:22 pm

Sucks the big one that games aren't on free to air. I'm guessing the Indian market forced the prices up so high that 9 couldn't justify the money to buy rights to games. Kerry Packer would be kicking himself he didn't lock up more TV rights when he held all the chips.

Overall, looks like nothing we didn't expect so far really. Pakistan and WI look very ordinary. The blokes they have that you might be concerned about aren't that great even. SA and AUS look all powerful. Even when under pressure they both had so much left they ended up winning easily. the one chink though that SA showed was their pace attack not being as dangerous as Australia's. NZ still look dangerous but lacking class for me and I worried about them more when they had Oram or Cairns coming in late. Eng, SL and India thin. None of them really have much to worry sides bowling wise and while SL and India do havemore dangerous batsmen than England, even the batting quickly drops away after the better 3 or 4 bats. Bang/Zim/Ireland capable but lacking class to really push anyone bar Pakis and WI probably. Scotland will enjoy the sunshine.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby shoe boy » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:18 am

locky801 wrote::partyman: :partyman: :partyman: :supz:

well done the Irish

Take that Morgan!
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:56 am

Scotland in loads of trouble against the Kiwi. 4/12 after only 4th overs. Three golden ducks
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 225 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:41 am

Grahaml wrote:Sucks the big one that games aren't on free to air. I'm guessing the Indian market forced the prices up so high that 9 couldn't justify the money to buy rights to games. Kerry Packer would be kicking himself he didn't lock up more TV rights when he held all the chips.

Overall, looks like nothing we didn't expect so far really. Pakistan and WI look very ordinary. The blokes they have that you might be concerned about aren't that great even. SA and AUS look all powerful. Even when under pressure they both had so much left they ended up winning easily. the one chink though that SA showed was their pace attack not being as dangerous as Australia's. NZ still look dangerous but lacking class for me and I worried about them more when they had Oram or Cairns coming in late. Eng, SL and India thin. None of them really have much to worry sides bowling wise and while SL and India do havemore dangerous batsmen than England, even the batting quickly drops away after the better 3 or 4 bats. Bang/Zim/Ireland capable but lacking class to really push anyone bar Pakis and WI probably. Scotland will enjoy the sunshine.

I disagree to some degree.
Australia look very strong, having Mitchell Johnson batting at 9 and no Faulkner in there yet suggests that they are deserved favourites.
The South Africans have a well balanced side and arguably have 3 players that would slot into the current World XI, they'd be chomping at the bit to not let another golden opportunity slip.
New Zealand will be the real smokey, their odds are very juicy should Australia have a bad day.
India will be dangerous, especially after spending the summer here and getting a feel for our conditions.
Pakistan will win a few games that they shouldn't and lose some they shouldn't too.
England are capable but I don't think they got their squad right nor did they pick their best side in game 1.
Sri Lanka are ageing and with multiple retirements almost certain after this World Cup you would think that they'll give it one more big go. Malinga seems to have lost that x factor, unless it was only because McCullum smashed it out of him.
Ireland will cause some damage and will make the Quarter Finals.
Zimbabwe were off to a positive start and could be a surprise packet.
West Indies will have the best parties and appreciate the cheaper hooch.
Afghanistan will win one game in a row.
Scotland will appreciate seeing another part of the world.
UAE will be happy with the free feeds.

Bangladesh will be competitive and will be spewing that they were put in Group A.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:54 am

Scotland Cricket team, like their soccer counterparts will enjoy arriving home before their postcards arrive!
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11937 times
Been liked: 3639 times

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:58 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Scotland Cricket team, like their soccer counterparts will enjoy arriving home before their postcards arrive!

Least it might get to noon now. Scotland have crawled to 7/129
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 225 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby batmanbegins » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:09 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Grahaml wrote:Sucks the big one that games aren't on free to air. I'm guessing the Indian market forced the prices up so high that 9 couldn't justify the money to buy rights to games. Kerry Packer would be kicking himself he didn't lock up more TV rights when he held all the chips.

Australia look very strong, having Mitchell Johnson batting at 9 and no Faulkner in there yet suggests that they are deserved favourites.
The South Africans have a well balanced side and arguably have 3 players that would slot into the current World XI, they'd be chomping at the bit to not let another golden opportunity slip.
New Zealand will be the real smokey, their odds are very juicy should Australia have a bad day.
India will be dangerous, especially after spending the summer here and getting a feel for our conditions.
Pakistan will win a few games that they shouldn't and lose some they shouldn't too.
England are capable but I don't think they got their squad right nor did they pick their best side in game 1.
Sri Lanka are ageing and with multiple retirements almost certain after this World Cup you would think that they'll give it one more big go. Malinga seems to have lost that x factor, unless it was only because McCullum smashed it out of him.

Bangladesh will be competitive and will be spewing that they were put in Group A.

There is only 3 teams that have a chance of winning and its hard to see australia not being that team however SA have the best bat in the world along with the others being in good form but there bowling isnt that impressive in one dayers in my opinion. NZ i reckon are the biggest threat to the aussies, their bowlers are high class in my opinion especially adding vettori plus Mcullum and williamson are in fine form plus the others can hit a big ball.

If you had to do a world XI who would be in ur team? Id pick as followed;

Warner (could argue amla for either opener but Id love watching these two together)
McCullum
Williamson (Could put in a very good argument for kohli)
De Villiers (best player in the world, also can give him the gloves)
Smith (Been in incredible form plus great fielder)
Kohli (Id put De villiers with the gloves as everyone else is great in the field so i can have the extra batsmen and Kohli's record speaks for itself)
Faulkner (Great finisher hits the ball a long way and bowls 10 good overs)
Vettori (Can bat really well still and hes still an incredible thinker when bowling even tho he hasnt played much in the past few years)
Johnson (Best bowler in the world plus good with bat)
Steyn (still a high class bowler even if he hasnt bowled well in ODI's for a while)
Boult/Southee ( Depends on whether you want another left armer in your attack or would rather the right armer in southee but in NZ conditions these two are wonderful bowlers)

5 good bowlers with with williamson and smith to bowl extra overs if needed and some really good hitters down to 11 as even boult can hit the ball.

I have 4 aussies, 4 NZ, 2 SA and 1 indian which in my mind shows how the top 3 are just much better than the rest.
Unlucky Omissions-
Amla hes a wonderful player
Sangakarra- Id rather williamson atm with the form he is in with 13 50s in past 17 innings
Maxwell- Incredible hitter but rather faulkners ability to be 5th bowler
Starc- Been really good with the new ball in one dayers
Morkel- Always tough to face
Malinga- Just hasnt been fit enough
Dhoni- has been in mediocre form plus isnt as good outside of india
batmanbegins
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 188 times

Postby heater31 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:15 pm

If New Zealand were ever to win a World Cup this is the one they will win. Once in a lifetime generation of talent at their disposal plus most games in home conditions.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby gadj1976 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:26 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

NZ into 4.50 - too short for mine.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:28 pm

I reckon Pakistan has played India right back into form. Kohli is a key for them and he looked re-energised, he loves Adelaide! Their draw is as soft as butter and they could make the final.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1705 times
Been liked: 1821 times

Postby Jim05 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:01 pm

Kiwis will lose in the semis like always. Dont rate them highly at all, struggled chasing 140 against the Scots, ended up 7 down. Only 3 decent bats the rest are average, decent bowling line up but the better sides will tee off on them
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1127 times
Been liked: 3566 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby batmanbegins » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:45 pm

Jim05 wrote:Kiwis will lose in the semis like always. Dont rate them highly at all, struggled chasing 140 against the Scots, ended up 7 down. Only 3 decent bats the rest are average, decent bowling line up but the better sides will tee off on them

Disagree there Jim, they did look average today but they will be fine. Look at their record over the past year or two, Smoked india at home, Smoked the lankans at home beat Pakis at home and away, the only thing they havent done that australia have is beat South Africa at home which i can understand cause come scepticism towards NZ but there bowling is of high quality and will be the one challenge to the aussies especially in NZ as im still not sure there great players of the swinging ball which boult and southee do at good pace. I could be wrong on this and ill admit so if im proven wrong when they play each other in auckland but ive just been super impressed with boult ever since he debuted against the aussies in that test where they beat them.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:10 pm

batmanbegins wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Kiwis will lose in the semis like always. Dont rate them highly at all, struggled chasing 140 against the Scots, ended up 7 down. Only 3 decent bats the rest are average, decent bowling line up but the better sides will tee off on them

Disagree there Jim, they did look average today but they will be fine. Look at their record over the past year or two, Smoked india at home, Smoked the lankans at home beat Pakis at home and away, the only thing they havent done that australia have is beat South Africa at home which i can understand cause come scepticism towards NZ but there bowling is of high quality and will be the one challenge to the aussies especially in NZ as im still not sure there great players of the swinging ball which boult and southee do at good pace. I could be wrong on this and ill admit so if im proven wrong when they play each other in auckland but ive just been super impressed with boult ever since he debuted against the aussies in that test where they beat them.

May aswell call me Robin because I'm with you on this batman, they've had a more than impressive lead up belting everyone that has come before them.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby Jim05 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:33 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
batmanbegins wrote:

May aswell call me Robin because I'm with you on this batman, they've had a more than impressive lead up belting everyone that has come before them.

Except the 3 game home series against the Saffers which they lost 2-0 with 1 washout.
I may be proven wrong but reckon they will get found out later in the tourny. Still a very real possibility they would have to travel to Aus for the semi but likewise we may have to travel over there for the semi. Still think there will be some washouts which will throw a spanner or two into the works.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1127 times
Been liked: 3566 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby batmanbegins » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:11 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
batmanbegins wrote:

Except the 3 game home series against the Saffers which they lost 2-0 with 1 washout.
I may be proven wrong but reckon they will get found out later in the tourny. Still a very real possibility they would have to travel to Aus for the semi but likewise we may have to travel over there for the semi. Still think there will be some washouts which will throw a spanner or two into the works.

Fair call on the saffers loss but they didnt have williamson or taylor those two games, southee missed one, milne didnt play at all plus McCullum didnt open the batting as they were trying neesham up there and now hes not playing and elliot is who is doing a good job (although im not sure he will do any good against the good sides). NZ dont have the depth to cover a few losses in their batting like that which hurt them that series.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Postby whufc » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:14 am

Bangas beat Afghanistan pretty easy

They have a really good opening bowling combo, both blokes got into the 140kms

UAE have made a good start against the Zimmers as well
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach