BBL 4

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: BBL 4

Postby The Dark Knight » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:32 pm

HH3 wrote:Haha Anyone lip read Tait to Agar?

It ended with "f**kin' idiot" haha

I think he said- "What was that shot you f**king idiot"
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10390 times
Been liked: 1534 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby helicopterking » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:53 pm

That's embarrassing. More then Berry whinging on live Tv
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 670 times

Postby RustyCage » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:10 pm

WTF was that Ross?
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby Spargo » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:21 pm

Brad Hogg yet again proves he is still by far the best spinner in the land re the short game.
First game for the series, 4 overs, 11 dot balls, 2/11.
Freak.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5530 times
Been liked: 5161 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby carey » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:25 pm

Spargo wrote:Brad Hogg yet again proves he is still by far the best spinner in the land re the short game.
Freak.

Love him or hate him his figures don't lie.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2812 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby helicopterking » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:30 pm

carey wrote:
Spargo wrote:Brad Hogg yet again proves he is still by far the best spinner in the land re the short game.
Freak.

Love him or hate him his figures don't lie.

His Wrong Un is very good. It's not that it's all that hard to pick, it's the fact it spins so far.
helicopterking
Coach

Postby dragonsphere » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:38 pm

Strikers with no genuine gun bats and a long tail yet dissapoint so many!!!!! Berry needs to go
dragonsphere
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Border Downs-Tintinara

Postby locky801 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:47 pm

RustyCage wrote:WTF was that Ross?

worse dismissal than the no show the other night, give him his marching orders

back in form :oops: :oops:
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3765 times
Been liked: 1180 times

Postby bennymacca » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:53 pm

That was more like the strikers we know and love to hate.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby wristwatcher » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:07 pm

Freak.

One game doesn't make you the best spinner in the land, let alone far and away :roll:

Yep he's a freak like every third sports person, everyone's a freak these days. FFS he knocked over a couple of batters from an average middle order. You might want to peg it back a notch before you name him Wisdens cricketer of the century.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 851 times

Postby wristwatcher » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:20 pm

Losing 10/77 at home chasing a small total. :oops:

I mentioned it a while ago that I think our batting is brittle in the middle order. No Pollard is a huge loss and obviously the loss of Hughesy prior to the season was always going to hurt us.

Can someone tell me about this Dutch guy. He doesn't bowl and batting doesn't appear to be his strength.

With such a good start to the season we should play finals but unfortunately I just can't see us winning two finals as pressure is not something SA cricket teams seem to be able to handle. Perhaps a new coach might be an idea :shock:

Crowd of 42,500 all showed up tonight and it cost me $37 for the wife's transferable, would have been nice if the Strikers showed up for the second half of their innings.

Will I be back next Monday - Yes
How do I feel when I watch us fold lack pansies - Livid :evil:
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby jackpot jim » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:00 am

Why would anyone get remotely upset whether the Strikers lose? Its simply a meaningless comp with teams that represent NOTHING
The whole thing is simply for entertainment, slogging, music, fire works etc
Half the players in the Strikers have NO connection to SA or Adelaide at all.

FWIW Brad Hogg is still the most dangerous looking spinner Australia have imo.
The last time i saw him get carted was Boof Lehmann in one of his last one day matches for SA. Made him look stupid.
Havent seen a batsman since do what Boof did to him that night.
jackpot jim
Coach

Has liked: 340 times
Been liked: 452 times

Postby wristwatcher » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:28 am

jackpot jim wrote:Why would anyone get remotely upset whether the Strikers lose? Its simply a meaningless comp with teams that represent NOTHING

The last time i saw him get carted was Boof Lehmann in one of his last one day matches for SA. Made him look stupid.

I'm upset because I support them, I pay money to be a member and I expect a professional performance from a professional sports team. You may not like 20/20 but over 85,000 people have attended our last two matches. It is far from meaningless whether you like it or not. There is a 20/20 World Cup and whilst it may be the 3rd most important form of the game it is not the 3rd most popular with the new cricket market. The numbers don't lie.

Part of the reason I might be upset by our insipid performance is that this is the only chance we have at Silverware this year.

I hate Hogg, can't stand the clown but he did make our middle order look very average tonight.
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Spargo » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:38 am

wristwatcher wrote:
Freak.

One game doesn't make you the best spinner in the land, let alone far and away :roll:

Yep he's a freak like every third sports person, everyone's a freak these days. FFS he knocked over a couple of batters from an average middle order. You might want to peg it back a notch before you name him Wisdens cricketer of the century.

Hold your horses wristy :
- it's not based on one game, look at last seasons figures/results
- he is a freak, how many chinaman in Australia aged 43 (or any age for that matter) constantly put it on the spot & turn it like he does?
- he knocked over 2 batsmen (helping to turn the game) in a previously undefeated team
- I never named him Wisden's COTY, simply still the best spinner in the land re the short form

When taking all emotion out of the subject, be it being pissed off at the result or whether you "can't stand the guy" etc etc, anyone with half a clue would agree he's the best going around.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5530 times
Been liked: 5161 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby bennymacca » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:05 am

jackpot jim wrote:Why would anyone get remotely upset whether the Strikers lose? Its simply a meaningless comp with teams that represent NOTHING

I care more about this than I did the matador cup. Maybe it's just because it's much easier to watch all of the games etc but saying it means nothing is an outdated view imo.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby HH3 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:14 am

A good percentage of Port Power players come from interstate, and have no connection to SA other than the team that drafted them happened to be an SA team. And you seem to still barrack for them.

Most professional teams are filled with players that are mostly not from the area, if you really think about it.

T20 is a bit of fun, and why shouldn't people support the team? The whole concept is for entertainment. And professional sports are entertainment businesses. Nothing else. They have no other purpose than to entertain.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby bennymacca » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:16 am

Both captains of the Adelaide afl clubs are from interstate too.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby wristwatcher » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:27 am

Spargo wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:
Freak.

Hold your horses wristy :
- it's not based on one game, look at last seasons figures/results
- he is a freak, how many chinaman in Australia aged 43 (or any age for that matter) constantly put it on the spot & turn it like he does?
- he knocked over 2 batsmen (helping to turn the game) in a previously undefeated team
- I never named him Wisden's COTY, simply still the best spinner in the land re the short form

When taking all emotion out of the subject, be it being pissed off at the result or whether you "can't stand the guy" etc etc, anyone with half a clue would agree he's the best going around.

I hate the Scorchers, I can't stand Hogg and I was filthy on the Strikers after paying to see that abortion last night. I plead guilty to all of these

I admit he is a gun 20/20 bowler but reserve judgement he is the best in the land until the end of the campaign. Perhaps out of hope that a world class batsmen will get a hold of him and send him the journey. I do honestly feel it was the inept Striker batting that made him look Warnies Yoda last night but his bowling figures where outstanding. Do I think he can bowl 4 overs and go for less than 3 an over again - surely not.

We can agree to reconvene post finals on the final verdict if he was the best spinner in the comp. Watch out the late surge by Clive Rose ;)
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby helicopterking » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:03 am

wristwatcher wrote:Losing 10/77 at home chasing a small total. :oops:

I mentioned it a while ago that I think our batting is brittle in the middle order. No Pollard is a huge loss and obviously the loss of Hughesy prior to the season was always going to hurt us.

Can someone tell me about this Dutch guy. He doesn't bowl and batting doesn't appear to be his strength.

With such a good start to the season we should play finals but unfortunately I just can't see us winning two finals as pressure is not something SA cricket teams seem to be able to handle. Perhaps a new coach might be an idea :shock:

Crowd of 42,500 all showed up tonight and it cost me $37 for the wife's transferable, would have been nice if the Strikers showed up for the second half of their innings.

If he doesn't bowl, Cosgrove would have been a better option.
helicopterking
Coach

Postby wristwatcher » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:08 am

helicopterking wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:Losing 10/77 at home chasing a small total. :oops:

If he doesn't bowl, Cosgrove would have been a better option.

Not sure how effective Big Cos would be batting middle order. Couldn't do much worse than that though.

We actually missed Hodge last night, he would have been very handy with his experience to quell Hoggs influence and stop the 10/77 slide. Never thought I'd ever miss Hodge :shock:
wristwatcher
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket