2015/16 Big Bash League

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: 2015/16 Big Bash League

Postby bennymacca » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:32 pm

helicopterking wrote:Khawaja needs to be 2nd man selected after Steve Smith in every form of cricket.

Interesting that he gets dropped to play for the thunder, yet marsh, Richardson, Pattinson all not allowed to play #conspiracy :)
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:37 pm

helicopterking wrote:Khawaja needs to be 2nd man selected after Steve Smith in every form of cricket.

Yep as good as Finch has been, Khawaja is that far in front class wise its not funny.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2437 times
Been liked: 1671 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:39 pm

bennymacca wrote:

Interesting that he gets dropped to play for the thunder, yet marsh, Richardson, Pattinson all not allowed to play #conspiracy :)

For sure, it will be an eastern states final Thunder v Stars
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby Red Rocket » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:58 pm

Crowd are leaving in droves.
Just a poor showing tonight, batting was woeful and thought some of Hodge's captaincy in the field and bowling changes were poor.
Big risk playing Putland first up, really struggled.
Would of loved to see Dean get a gig but understand that Jayawardena is a lock
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 72 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby Red Rocket » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:00 pm

Great way to bring up the ton, awesome innings.
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 72 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:09 pm

Red Rocket wrote:Crowd are leaving in droves.
Just a poor showing tonight, batting was woeful and thought some of Hodge's captaincy in the field and bowling changes were poor.

I have a question for all you guys, where do you think Ludeman would bat in that line up if he didnt open?
I reckon he bats after Rashid and if thats the case why the hell do we open with him? I know the stats dont back it up ( he was 3rd for the tournament and we won 7 games) but you just cant have someone batting for so long that only goes a run a ball. Its not just those stats either, he just looks so far out of his depth against the better bowlers in the country. Just because we won 7 games doesnt mean we cant improve the team
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby Yank Man » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:09 pm

Red Rocket wrote:Great way to bring up the ton, awesome innings.

Guns get the runs. :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 323 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby westozfalcon » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:23 pm

Robran wrote:Bloody useless, surely the true supports of our cricket team New this was gonna happen from so good to so bad in a flash, and making it worse is listening to mark waugh he loves it the prick.

Agreed. It was sheer arrogance.

A sports commentator has to be dispassionate. If you're not professional enough to be unbiased, no matter what your credentials are, you shouldn't be in the job.
westozfalcon
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 28 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:39 am

Batting last night was very ordinary, I still think Ludeman should think himself lucky he's the number 1 keeper - only reason he kept his spot, would've preferred Dean and Jayawardene open. Ludeman makes batting look difficult, and the innings he has scored runs he has still done it in a while that has put the side in a difficult position. Oh well it is what it is.

I think our quick bowling stocks need to be bolstered next year - losing Richardson to the Aussie side, and Stanlake injured, there really wasn't much cover, West I don't think was up to the level, the gamble had to be Putland - unfortunately didn't pay off.

Another quick I think has gone without more scrutiny is Michael Neser - I'm just not convinced this guy is a front line T20 bowler.

Always next year, crowd was still very good and still a very enjoyable night out for the family..
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3199 times
Been liked: 4057 times

Postby am Bays » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:17 am

Red Rocket wrote:As much as this hurts it's one of the best innings I've seen in recent times. Geez he is in some fair form

^
This

How good is his footwork and his hands are Steve Waugh like in how he gets them through the ball.

His placement last night was sensational - he toyed with Hodge. He has so many hitting zones he has confidence in no matter what the ball.

Disappointing to lose but were simply outplayed.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 1838 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:41 am

daysofourlives wrote:
Red Rocket wrote:Crowd are leaving in droves.

I have a question for all you guys, where do you think Ludeman would bat in that line up if he didnt open?
I reckon he bats after Rashid and if thats the case why the hell do we open with him? I know the stats dont back it up ( he was 3rd for the tournament and we won 7 games) but you just cant have someone batting for so long that only goes a run a ball. Its not just those stats either, he just looks so far out of his depth against the better bowlers in the country. Just because we won 7 games doesnt mean we cant improve the team

To me your openers in a T20 are a combination between one who can rotate the strike pretty much every ball faced and a lusty sweet hitter of the ball, if you don't have a Gayle-like player then you chuck someone up there that you can afford to lose for bugger all in hope of skipping away to a 40+ run first 4 overs.
Ludeman placed too much pressure on Jayawardene during the tournament, it was great to see his flamboyant side though as he often struck at over 130, I thought he was more of a worker.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4351 times
Been liked: 7956 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:51 am

am Bays wrote:
Red Rocket wrote:As much as this hurts it's one of the best innings I've seen in recent times. Geez he is in some fair form

^
This

How good is his footwork and his hands are Steve Waugh like in how he gets them through the ball.

His placement last night was sensational - he toyed with Hodge. He has so many hitting zones he has confidence in no matter what the ball.

His hand-eye was 2nd to none, it was like he was playing against 8 year olds.
Putland's bowling was pure poop, rib high short balls to bloke seeing them like beach balls, Neser brings nothing to the table and Rashid bowls too late.

Overall, we fluked top spot so bowing out was no real surprise, on paper we were one of the weaker franchises but Head and Rashid stepped up with great cameo's along with Hodge and Ross early in the series.

I'd look at offloading Neser & Holland and then offering Simmons a years supply of KFC to just sit out of the BBL for the remainder of his contract. Would love to have the Dan back as we lack an all-rounder and his season was as good as anyones, I'd overlook Pollard and try to retain the two imports we had this season.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby mal » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:56 am

am Bays wrote:

^
This

Simply outplayed by Khawaja
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1184 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby Booney » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:57 am

So, is this nearly finished now then?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7536 times
Been liked: 10848 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:00 am

It's only just begun!!
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:17 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
am Bays wrote:

^
This

His hand-eye was 2nd to none, it was like he was playing against 8 year olds.
Putland's bowling was pure poop, rib high short balls to bloke seeing them like beach balls, Neser brings nothing to the table and Rashid bowls too late.

Overall, we fluked top spot so bowing out was no real surprise, on paper we were one of the weaker franchises but Head and Rashid stepped up with great cameo's along with Hodge and Ross early in the series.

I'd look at offloading Neser & Holland and then offering Simmons a years supply of KFC to just sit out of the BBL for the remainder of his contract. Would love to have the Dan back as we lack an all-rounder and his season was as good as anyones, I'd overlook Pollard and try to retain the two imports we had this season.

Yeah agree with all of that. Didn't mind neser at times but holland didn't give us much.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:18 pm

Booney wrote:So, is this nearly finished now then?

T20 whingers are worse than vegans. We get it, you don't like it, just let us do what we want :)
bennymacca
Coach

Postby heater31 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:20 pm

bennymacca wrote:

T20 whingers are worse than vegans. We get it, you don't like it, just let us do what we want :)

In other news SACA announce a name change for next season the Adelaide Chokers will replace the Strikers ;)
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:58 pm

heater31 wrote:In other news SACA announce a name change for next season the Adelaide Chokers will replace the Strikers ;)

I don't see it as a choke, I thought we played above ourselves.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:06 pm

bennymacca wrote:

Of all the insults ever thrown my way, being compared to a vegan takes the mantle as the most personally offensive I have ever encountered. I'm hurt. Really quite hurt. :(

:lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7536 times
Been liked: 10848 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket