Social indoor cricket comps

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Social indoor cricket comps

Postby The_Bay_Boy » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:37 pm

Myself and a few mates were thinking about starting an indoor cricket team for this summer.

does anyone know of any social indoor cricket comps starting soon? or is the season already underway?

And if anyone has done it before, how much does it cost to register and play each week?

We aren't looking for a serious comp, just something thats a bit of fun each week.
The_Bay_Boy
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Ecky » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:07 pm

I play indoor cricket Thursday nights at Woodlands (corner South and Cross Roads) and really enjoy it. There are quite a few divisions so you get some teams which take it more seriously and some which are just there to have some fun. The new season will be starting next week, so now is a good time to start a new team - they always welcome new teams.

It costs $9.50 per player per game (6 a side). Give them a call or call in there if you are keen - there are some comps on other nights too, but I don't know the details of these.
Ecky
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 79 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide Lutheran

Postby TigerBoss » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:36 pm

I've been playing Friday Night six-pack at the Morphett Vale ICA with mates for about 12 years.

We pay $10 each per game, and registration is approx. $7 or $8 each per season. Not too shabby at all. The way it works is that the highest scoring partnership of the match (match...not for each side) wins for their team a six-pack upstairs in the bar...if you're underage, soft drinks...etc.

We're playing our 1st game of the "new" season tomorrow night, having just played in the Grand Final last Friday...hence she's a pretty full on schedule...unless you have BYES, you'll be playing practically EVERY Friday, bar finals.

ICA's are reasonably flexible with hours of play...so if a mate can't get there until 8.30, you can nominate to play 8.30 or 9.45 games every week. Simple. :wink:
Is 2009 the year of the Tiger?
TigerBoss
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Lock

Postby RustyCage » Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:19 am

I play at Modbury ICA on Wednesday nights 8-a-side. Costs $10 a game, no registration each season, play about 48 games a year. Highest partnership for the game wins 2 jugs of beer. Different divisions depending on your skill level and how serious you wanna take it. Hell of a lot of fun.
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket