Up and coming guns

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: Up and coming guns

Postby CoverKing » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:23 am

Good time to say his name with the performance he put In this evening
I Want to be a Western Youth Ranger!
CoverKing
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby Media Park » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:54 am

Chris Woakes has really looked the goods also...

Good first class batting results (a couple of tons) averaging 27, and 150+ wickets at nearly 4 wickets per game.

Only 21, and I expect by the next Ashes he'll be a regular in the Pommy Test side...
Direct quote:
Wedgie wrote:I wear skin tight arseless leather pants, wtf do you wear?
Media Park
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby THE BARKING SPIDERS » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:37 pm

Jim05 wrote:
CoverKing wrote:Up and coming star that we have witnessed the last couple of big bash games. Another NSW quick in Cummins. Looks pretty handy

Yep patrick cummins
17yo bowling 140k+
gets good movement and bounce. Has a good short ball, looks very promising. Bit of a **** fight at moment because he has been asked to attend center of excellance in qld but nsw wont let him go.

i like the look also of sean abbott, 18yo bowls 135km. nsw got a pretty handy youthful bowling line up when ya also add hazelwood & starc
THE BARKING SPIDERS
Under 16s

Postby Media Park » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:57 pm

They just keep producing the goods, don't they?

Especially quicks...

I rated that Abbott as well, just didn't want to jump on the "teenage NSW quick" bandwaggon...
Direct quote:
Media Park
Coach

Postby Media Park » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:12 pm

Kane Williamson from NZ...

Only 5 Tests and 9 ODIs, and only one ton in each format, hasn't really produced anything with his offies, although he's classified as an allrounder.

I think he's going to help NZ grow in stature, with Taylor, McCullum and Ryder, he's going to help the core grow...

And being only 20, he's got a long time ahead.
Direct quote:
Media Park
Coach

Postby passion for the game » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:36 pm

Saw the young Tasmanian (at the time) now a Victorian M.Wade in the National U19 Carnival a few years back and been watching him both as a bat and keeper. Think he is a super player and will overtake Tim Paine as the Batsman/Keeper, along the Gilchrist mold in the very near future. Only about 22 or so and really looks a good long term prospect after Haddin retires. Keeping may not be as good as Paine but a fantastic young Batsman and would possibly open the innings in a One-Day international. (once again a left hander in the Gilchrist mould)
passion for the game
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Murrayville

Postby bloods08 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:44 am

passion for the game wrote:Saw the young Tasmanian (at the time) now a Victorian M.Wade in the National U19 Carnival a few years back and been watching him both as a bat and keeper. Think he is a super player and will overtake Tim Paine as the Batsman/Keeper, along the Gilchrist mold in the very near future. Only about 22 or so and really looks a good long term prospect after Haddin retires. Keeping may not be as good as Paine but a fantastic young Batsman and would possibly open the innings in a One-Day international. (once again a left hander in the Gilchrist mould)

But can he captain?
Go you Redbacks!
bloods08
Assistant Coach

Been liked: 13 times

Postby smithy » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:04 am

bloods08 wrote:
passion for the game wrote:Saw the young Tasmanian (at the time) now a Victorian M.Wade in the National U19 Carnival a few years back and been watching him both as a bat and keeper. Think he is a super player and will overtake Tim Paine as the Batsman/Keeper, along the Gilchrist mold in the very near future. Only about 22 or so and really looks a good long term prospect after Haddin retires. Keeping may not be as good as Paine but a fantastic young Batsman and would possibly open the innings in a One-Day international. (once again a left hander in the Gilchrist mould)

But can he captain?

And is he 196cm ?
smithy

Postby passion for the game » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:58 pm

smithy wrote:
bloods08 wrote:

But can he captain?

And is he 196cm ?

Did not mention 196cm or even talking about a Captain. When picking your side your first thought would be who is the best Keeper/Batsman (or the other way around) and then pick the Captain from the X1 chosen. Australian cricket never picks the Captain first and then the side around it thankfully.

Saw Mike Brearley do it successfully for England, but he was the last one and wont happen again. If Wade overtakes Paine as the best WK/Batsman he should get the gig and should not be based on captaincy
passion for the game
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Murrayville

Postby smithy » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:17 pm

passion for the game wrote:
smithy wrote:
bloods08 wrote:

But can he captain?

And is he 196cm ?

Did not mention 196cm or even talking about a Captain. When picking your side your first thought would be who is the best Keeper/Batsman (or the other way around) and then pick the Captain from the X1 chosen. Australian cricket never picks the Captain first and then the side around it thankfully.

Saw Mike Brearley do it successfully for England, but he was the last one and wont happen again. If Wade overtakes Paine as the best WK/Batsman he should get the gig and should not be based on captaincy

Passion, my post was made in jest towards HIlditch and his selection of Hastings because he is 196cm.
smithy

Postby Media Park » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:44 am

Young NZ quick Hamish Bennett.

Took three wickets in the ODI recently when Southee destroyed them...

Only his second or third game IIRC.

Might be stuck as a change bowler at the moment because of seniority politics, but he's good enough that he'll smash through those barriers.
Direct quote:
Media Park
Coach

Postby Bulls forever » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:46 pm

Media Park wrote:Young NZ quick Hamish Bennett.

Might be stuck as a change bowler at the moment because of seniority politics, but he's good enough that he'll smash through those barriers.

MP, NZ had another young quick that played in a recent 20/20, 18 year old, bowled 150 in that game, my memory is no good so cam't remember his name, but bowling that quick at 18 means there is a big upside to him. There have been looking for a quick since Bondy did a Taity.
Bulls forever
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Tea Tree Gully

Postby whufc » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:49 pm

From NZ they have a young batsmen who bats in their test side around number 3. His name escapes me for the moment, he will be a gun and take test cricket by storm in 2011.

Looked very good in his 2 series against India and Pakistan so far.

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Just noticed Kane Williamson is his name and Media Park already mentioned him.

HE WILL BE A GUN
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Bulls forever » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:52 pm

whufc wrote:From NZ they have a young batsmen who bats in their test side around number 3. His name escapes me for the moment, he will be a gun and take test cricket by storm in 2011.

Looked very good in his 2 series against India and Pakistan so far.

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Just noticed Kane Williamson is his name and Media Park already mentioned him.

HE WILL BE A GUN

He is the Murali lookalike when he bowls isn't he. The straight arm I mean.
Bulls forever
Reserves

Postby Media Park » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:01 pm

Bulls forever wrote:

MP, NZ had another young quick that played in a recent 20/20, 18 year old, bowled 150 in that game, my memory is no good so cam't remember his name, but bowling that quick at 18 means there is a big upside to him. There have been looking for a quick since Bondy did a Taity.

Adam Milne played in the T20's around Christmas? Quick bowler...
Direct quote:
Media Park
Coach

Postby overloaded » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:03 pm

Mick Lewis is better than any young bowler in this country.
therealROSSCO wrote:Now listen to this loud and clear.....

I have not been approached to coach at the WFC this year, next year or any year. I have not approached the WFC to coach this year, next year or any year. This is an unconditional statement.
overloaded
2009 Punting Comp Winner

Postby Bulls forever » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:11 pm

Media Park wrote:
Bulls forever wrote:

Adam Milne played in the T20's around Christmas? Quick bowler...

That's the young fellow, scary now, might be a bit sharp when he grows up.
Bulls forever
Reserves

Postby Bulls forever » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:11 pm

overloaded wrote:Mick Lewis is better than any young bowler in this country.

i want some of what you are on.
Bulls forever
Reserves

Postby Media Park » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:09 pm

overloaded wrote:Mick Lewis is better than any young bowler in this country.

I don't want to say anything rude, but MAL is closer to a Baggy Green than Mick Lewis...

*no offence Mal*
Direct quote:
Media Park
Coach

Postby overloaded » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:15 pm

Still shows the young ones how to bowl and I would take him to the world cup if I was a selector. best one day bowler in the country
therealROSSCO wrote:Now listen to this loud and clear.....

I have not been approached to coach at the WFC this year, next year or any year. I have not approached the WFC to coach this year, next year or any year. This is an unconditional statement.
overloaded
2009 Punting Comp Winner

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket