3rd Test side

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

3rd Test side

Postby Jimmy » Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:39 am

Out: Clarke
In: Langer

Andrew Symonds....i hope he does well, but why is he in the side? bowling batting?? how has his local form been? what is he bowling too, offies or meds?
Carn the blues!!!!!
Jimmy
Coach

Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:29 am

Andrew Symonds is in the side because he is a bloody good cricketer. But a deeper analysis will reveal that Australia, traumatised by Ashes defeat and the performances of Freddie Flintoff is desperately seeking that elusive allrounder, something we really haven't nailed since Keith Miller (ok, maybe Richie).

The generally underwhelming Watson was first cab off the rank because Punter was upset that Symo got on the sauce before the Bangladesh game and couldn't give a toss that he was given the arse for that match. When the marshmellow went down at the Gabba, Symo was the logical replacement but the plain fact is that both players cannot bowl and Watson can't bat either.

...and the beat goes on...and the beat goes on...

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1819 times

Postby Dissident » Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:10 am

I agree.

The Australians seem to have a need to find an Aussie Flintoff as they beleive this is the reason we lost the Ashes. Watson isn't anywhere near the standard of Freddy. Well, no one in the world is (Kallis is past his best, the rest are bowlers who can bat a bit).

We have been the best side in the world for over 10 years with no real all-rounder, not like Freddy anyway. The bonus for us has been Gilchrist, who is good enough to be in a side as a batsman himself, let alone being the 'keeper. He has been our "allrounder" which, coupled with the amazing abilities of Warne and McGrath, has meant we haven't needed that quality allrounder to be dominant.
Dissident
Site Admin

Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 158 times

Postby Jimmy » Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:54 am

i hope symo makes it, watson is shit
Carn the blues!!!!!
Jimmy
Coach

Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby stan » Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:12 pm

Symonds deserves another chance. For bowling medium pace on a flat track, he bowled alright, and when he batted well he was run out. So i guess its a good idea to give him another dig. Might come good.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1255 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket