Aus v Ind Test Series

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: Aus v Ind Test Series

Postby Gozu » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:07 pm

whufc wrote:
Gozu wrote:
whufc wrote:I definitely will watch the test match first and flick occasionally onto the t20

I don't mind t20 so much as it doesn't impact on test match cricket, which at the moment I think there is still a good balance in scheduling and players have chosen to play test cricket when it's clashed with t20.

Something has to pay the bills in world cricket and if it get kids onto cricket who may then have an interest in test cricket it's not the worse thing

The true test will be in the next 5-10 years whether we get a generation of kids who start choosing state t20 over international test cricket

I would never judge a cricketer on his t20 form just like I wouldn't judge them on their indoor cricket ability

For me Test cricket will always be the truest, greatest and most entertaining form of cricket

Fair enough and don't get me wrong Test cricket shits all over T20 cricket but I just thought because it's the Strikers which is now essentially the Redbacks T20 team, I could understand a neutral BBL match.

I have West Indian heritage so I always watch as much of them as possible

Unfortunately I just can't get into the whole made up franchise thing especially when players play first class for one side and then play for the strikers in the same season.

I don't share the feeling that the strikers are an extension of the Redbacks

No probs that's understandable but I do think the Strikers are basically the Redbacks, they're 'our' team from SA and probably made up of 80% Redbacks players and the same coach (unfortunately).
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby bennymacca » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:43 pm

whufc wrote:
Gozu wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
mal wrote:Enough of this boring 5 day stuff
The first BBL game starts in just under 90 minutes time

Saffers v Windies test on Fox, says alot about T20's that id rather watch Saffers play lol

I can understand not being a big fan of T20 cricket but you would seriously watch that over the Strikers tonight?

I definitely will watch the test match first and flick occasionally onto the t20

I don't mind t20 so much as it doesn't impact on test match cricket, which at the moment I think there is still a good balance in scheduling and players have chosen to play test cricket when it's clashed with t20.

Something has to pay the bills in world cricket and if it get kids onto cricket who may then have an interest in test cricket it's not the worse thing

The true test will be in the next 5-10 years whether we get a generation of kids who start choosing state t20 over international test cricket

I would never judge a cricketer on his t20 form just like I wouldn't judge them on their indoor cricket ability

For me Test cricket will always be the truest, greatest and most entertaining form of cricket

I like you much better when we talk cricket and not sanfl :)
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby whufc » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:48 pm

Hehehehe
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:03 am

Lol. mally trolling like usual. :)

Terrible by Watto and Marsh today. Watto has been worked out like a long splinter at International level and a marsh once again proving he can't cut the mustard at Test level when he chased a wide one minutes after being dropped playing a shot that was just as ugly. You wouldn't hang Warner on his bad shot today and Rogers showed once again that when the pace is on the ball he can do a job. It's when the pace is off the ball and or wicket that you can see he doesn't have a method for that.

Smith is mining a rich vein of form at the moment and Mitch Marsh would have batted down the list if you could count on Haddin not coughing up his wicket before the close of play. Mitch plays on instinct with the courage of youth and he was clearly hampered tonight.

I thought Yadav and Ashwin bowled well today and once again Ishant showed his lack of consistency. Highlight of the day was Hazelwood getting five for on debut and Steve Smith growing in stature before our very eyes. This Indian team are showing a lot of heart and are a much tougher proposition than the complacent English unit of last year.

They would be earning some genuine respect from the Cricketing public if not for the fact that Dhawan and Kholi appear to be gigantic tosspots. Oh well, we have Warner and Watto for that.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby mal » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:07 am

Happy 40th birthday to Ricky Ponting today
Happy 38th wedding anniversary Jeffrey Thompson today
On this day, 6 years ago Mitchell Johnson dismissed Dale Steyn to finish off the SA innings and finish with 8/64
On this day , today, East Coast Smith to make a 100 on debut as Captain of Australia
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1155 times
Been liked: 909 times

Postby stan » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:03 am

mal wrote:Happy 40th birthday to Ricky Ponting today
Happy 38th wedding anniversary Jeffrey Thompson today
On this day, 6 years ago Mitchell Johnson dismissed Dale Steyn to finish off the SA innings and finish with 8/64
On this day , today, East Coast Smith to make a 100 on debut as Captain of Australia

Hope your right about Smith Mal. Need a big one from him.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1254 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Bombers4EVA » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:29 am

What a rare talent Steve Smith is. Its such a pleasure to be able to feel confident that whenever Smith takes to the crease, you're pretty sure he's going to make runs. He has a very unique batting style but it works for him. Can't see too many weaknesses about him and he looks to hit the ball 9/10 in the sweet spot.
Are we all witnessing the start of something very special here?
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby bennymacca » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:33 am

Bombers4EVA wrote:What a rare talent Steve Smith is. Its such a pleasure to be able to feel confident that whenever Smith takes to the crease, you're pretty sure he's going to make runs. He has a very unique batting style but it works for him. Can't see too many weaknesses about him and he looks to hit the ball 9/10 in the sweet spot.

i think so, tbh. averages 46 now, and i think that will be 50 in no time at all. apparently averages 70 for the past two years
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Bombers4EVA » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:33 am

And day 3 begins. What will day 3 bring out? Can Steve Smith make his ton or will he run out of partners? Can we bat long enough today to get our score past India's?
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby RustyCage » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:52 am

That's what your bat is for
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby Bombers4EVA » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:02 am

I hope Haddin can hang in there and help Australia to a decent score as well as stick in there and help Smithy. CMON Aussies.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby Q. » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:23 am

FFS Haddin
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Bombers4EVA » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:24 am

Seriously are we giving up on this test or what? We keep throwing our wickets away. Or are the Indian bowlers that good.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby locky801 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:27 am

Q. wrote:FFS Haddin

Form with that bat is of real concern, cant fault him behind the stumps though at the minute
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3710 times
Been liked: 1170 times

Postby Bombers4EVA » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:30 am

locky801 wrote:

Form with that bat is of real concern, cant fault him behind the stumps though at the minute

Totally agree there 100%. Which wicket keeper would be knocking down Haddin's door atm?
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:37 am

Interesting the ABC commentators are getting excited by the combative and chirpy nature of the Aussies. Had it been the other way around, generally they castigate the Australians for this sort of behaviour.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Ron Burgundy » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:38 am

Bombers4EVA wrote:
locky801 wrote:

Totally agree there 100%. Which wicket keeper would be knocking down Haddin's door atm?

Ludeman, didnt you see his knock last night :lol:
Ron Burgundy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 174 times
Been liked: 137 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:42 am

about as soft a dismissal you'll see. weak as piss. looked scared.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3026 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby Footy Smart » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:45 am

bennymacca wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:What a rare talent Steve Smith is. Its such a pleasure to be able to feel confident that whenever Smith takes to the crease, you're pretty sure he's going to make runs. He has a very unique batting style but it works for him. Can't see too many weaknesses about him and he looks to hit the ball 9/10 in the sweet spot.

i think so, tbh. averages 46 now, and i think that will be 50 in no time at all. apparently averages 70 for the past two years

Few of the TTG lads bowled to the Aussies and indians in the nets and said Smith was the hardest to bowl to. His quick feet and timing, and reckon he just didnt make a mistake
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Q. » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:10 pm

Innings was looking shaky when Johnson came in. Not so much now though.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket