2016/2017 Big Bash League

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

2016/2017 Big Bash League

Postby Wedgie » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:45 pm

Upgraded my Gold tickets to the Nova Deck this season, anyone else do the same and will be joining me for a beer at our private bar? Can't wait!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Re: 2016/2017 Big Bash League

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:13 am

Wedgie wrote:Upgraded my Gold tickets to the Nova Deck this season, anyone else do the same and will be joining me for a beer at our private bar? Can't wait!

I've had to cancel my season tickets this season, my son has representative games that hinder our chances of attending and the daughter has the national Under 15's tournament in Canberra during the BBL, spewing.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby heater31 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:20 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Upgraded my Gold tickets to the Nova Deck this season, anyone else do the same and will be joining me for a beer at our private bar? Can't wait!

I've had to cancel my season tickets this season, my son has representative games that hinder our chances of attending and the daughter has the national Under 15's tournament in Canberra during the BBL, spewing.

There is a potential trade off in there though.....if the daughter continues her cricket development in a few years ol' Lightning is in pole position for some free tickets ;)
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:45 am

heater31 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

There is a potential trade off in there though.....if the daughter continues her cricket development in a few years ol' Lightning is in pole position for some free tickets ;)

Ha, sounds good, hopefully she has a big season coming up, she's been told that she'll play every game in the A's if she quits her hardwicket team, she's only 13 so I've gotta find the right balance between extracting the most out of her game without her losing the enjoyment of it or placing too much pressure on herself.
Her best and worst are worlds apart and you can see them both in the one over whether with the bat, ball or keeping.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:16 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Look at the beer money you'll save and weight you'll keep off! You used to carry more beer back to your seat than the entire section drank! :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:52 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Look at the beer money you'll save and weight you'll keep off! You used to carry more beer back to your seat than the entire section drank! :lol:

It was a hot summer.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Tony Clifton » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:38 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
heater31 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Ha, sounds good, hopefully she has a big season coming up, she's been told that she'll play every game in the A's if she quits her hardwicket team, she's only 13 so I've gotta find the right balance between extracting the most out of her game without her losing the enjoyment of it or placing too much pressure on herself.
Her best and worst are worlds apart and you can see them both in the one over whether with the bat, ball or keeping.

Why would she need to quit her hard wicket team? Do they play matches at the same time?
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:44 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:Why would she need to quit her hard wicket team? Do they play matches at the same time?

Her PDCA Grand Final was on the same day as her last minor round district A Grade game, it caused a drama as she was required to close out the innings with the ball at the GF and then rush to Port Reserve hoping that we still had wickets in hand there.
Every other game is held on a Monday night though.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Tony Clifton » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:36 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:Why would she need to quit her hard wicket team? Do they play matches at the same time?

Her PDCA Grand Final was on the same day as her last minor round district A Grade game, it caused a drama as she was required to close out the innings with the ball at the GF and then rush to Port Reserve hoping that we still had wickets in hand there.

Ah, ok. Would hope the competitions can co-exist without overlapping.

There isn't that much women's cricket being played that there should be clashes!

I know lots of young cricketers (boys and girls) benefit by keeping an involvement with their local club. Often they get more batting & bowling there than they do at the higher level.
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby heater31 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:39 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

There isn't that much women's cricket being played that there should be clashes!

I know lots of young cricketers (boys and girls) benefit by keeping an involvement with their local club. Often they get more batting & bowling there than they do at the higher level.

But there is a saturation point where there is too much cricket being played. It's a fine balancing act that each individual needs to work out for themselves.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:17 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

There's only clashes on PDCA GF day.

She will be playing in 4 different teams this season, I do have my concerns.
She's playing in an "All Girls" team that is going to compete in the Barossa Under 14 comp.
She will play the occasional Monday night game in the PDCA, only to fill in if needed.
Her Port Adelaide and SACA commitments will take priority though and the other two might have to take a back seat by the Christmas break.

I'm a big fan of grassroots cricket, you never forget where you came from.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:58 pm

Even though I dont know your daughter I enjoy your posts about her progress, so please keep it up
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Gozu » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:13 pm

Ian Bell and Mitchell Johnson have signed with Perth Scorchers, Stuart Broad has signed with Hobart Hurricanes and Brad Hogg has left Perth and signed with Melbourne Renegades.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 659 times

Postby carey » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:10 am

Gozu wrote:Ian Bell and Mitchell Johnson have signed with Perth Scorchers, Stuart Broad has signed with Hobart Hurricanes and Brad Hogg has left Perth and signed with Melbourne Renegades.

2 very good signings for Perth
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Gozu » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:34 pm

Ten has expanded it's Big Bash commentary team.

Cricketing greats Andrew Symonds, Darren Lehmann and New Zealand’s Brendon McCullum will join TEN’s Big Bash League commentary team.

The three will join Adam Gilchrist, Ricky Ponting, Mark Waugh Damien Fleming and Roz Kelly this December.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2016/10/ten ... -team.html
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Postby MatteeG » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:45 pm

carey wrote:
Gozu wrote:Ian Bell and Mitchell Johnson have signed with Perth Scorchers, Stuart Broad has signed with Hobart Hurricanes and Brad Hogg has left Perth and signed with Melbourne Renegades.

2 very good signings for Perth

Not sure on Johnson. Reckon he'll get spanked!
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Gozu » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:24 pm

Kieron Pollard back with the Strikers and will play the whole tournament with us :D
Gozu
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:53 pm

Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:55 pm

Ive had a good look thru the squads and reckon the Strikers again will go very well, don't understand why they are not in the premiership discussions.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby locky801 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:55 pm

Another few weeks away from night time TV :D
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times