Chadd Sayers

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Will Chadd Sayers ever play a test match for Australia?

Poll ended at Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:37 am

Yes
70%
No
30%

Total votes : 20

Re: Chadd Sayers

Postby Bombers4EVA » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:11 pm

Booney wrote:
carey wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:Hmmm maybe Sayers better chances of playing in a national team might make him look to England. They're going to be needing bowlers soon. And with the conditions over in England the way they are. Would suit Sayers to a tee. CA are going to lose a good bowler very soon if they don't give him a chance.

I heard he's entering the ICC's pre-season draft this year

I believe he will go in trade week prior to the draft.......

He has the same manager as Xavier Richards.

Ah Shite!!!!
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Re: Chadd Sayers

Postby Thunderstruck » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:39 pm

It's a joke that he's not in the side. Rod Marsh was the biggest problem, picking blokes like Siddle for the Perth test for starters....he's been crap for years now, Sayers ability to get bowled and lbw is among the best of any first class bowler on the planet. You don't have to be 150+ to beat a batsmens defences.

Sayers for mine is very similar to Philander, bowls that 125-133km/hr range, swings it both ways, cuts off the pitch and has immaculate accuracy and patience. Also with his low angle from being 'short' for a paceman, gets the ball to skid on off the pitch much quicker than many batsmen think. Combined with it moving, he's quite hard to play. If he was ever picked he'd dominate, I've got no worries about that but I fear he'll never get a game, can't see them changing the team for Melb pending an injury and same for Sydney. Should have been picked over Siddle for Perth, Mennie for Hobart and Bird for Adelaide and Brisbane. Bird is not bad and much better than Siddle but if I had to choose between Bird and Sayers, then Chadd offers far more as a bowler and is in the form of his life. So if no injuries happen, he prob might be in the squad for India but prob have Cummins or Pattinson back by then and if he does play prob be on a pitch that India bat first on, make 700 and he plays 1 test getting 1/150 and gets dropped never to play again. Selectors are muppets.
Meh
Thunderstruck

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Previous

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket