Chadd Sayers

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Will Chadd Sayers ever play a test match for Australia?

Poll ended at Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:37 am

Yes
70%
No
30%

Total votes : 20

Re: Chadd Sayers

Postby Booney » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:37 pm

Lyon is marking out his run up.

Less than an hour to play and no baggy green ceremony to date.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:43 pm

What a crock of shit! :evil:

What more does Sayers need to do!?

I hope Bird plays and gets absolutely pumped.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Jim05 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:46 pm

Zartan wrote:What a crock of shit! :evil:

There is only 3 spots available and 2 are locks so it leaves about 5 blokes fighting for 1 spot. Bird would have to fail miserably or there be an injury for Sayers to play this summer
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby am Bays » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:51 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Zartan wrote:What a crock of shit! :evil:

There is only 3 spots available and 2 are locks so it leaves about 5 blokes fighting for 1 spot. Bird would have to fail miserably or there be an injury for Sayers to play this summer

Yup!!

Sad but the harsh truth of the matter.

Sayers may go down as one of the unlucky ones in cricket history, like Noffke, Rowell and Hickey etc.

Mennie, Cook, Muller, and Nicholson on the other hand....
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:54 pm

Jim05 wrote:There is only 3 spots available and 2 are locks so it leaves about 5 blokes fighting for 1 spot. Bird would have to fail miserably or there be an injury for Sayers to play this summer

Which means Sayers chances of playing for Australia in the future will tumble rapidly. He'll have to wait until February until he can again press claims for a spot on the Indian tour end of Feb - which is highly unlikely.

As i mentioned earlier, by the time next Summer rolls around, Cummins and Pattinson will be ahead of him in the pecking order because CA love them - geez if C9 commentators had their way, Cummins would be in the test side right now :roll:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:00 pm

I'm emotional haha!
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:55 pm

I aint watching, that'll f*** em.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:18 pm

Hickey unlucky, amBays?
Was he ever really that close? His body failed him, didn't it?
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Bombers4EVA » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:22 pm

Hmmm maybe Sayers better chances of playing in a national team might make him look to England. They're going to be needing bowlers soon. And with the conditions over in England the way they are. Would suit Sayers to a tee. CA are going to lose a good bowler very soon if they don't give him a chance.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:44 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:Hmmm maybe Sayers better chances of playing in a national team might make him look to England. They're going to be needing bowlers soon. And with the conditions over in England the way they are. Would suit Sayers to a tee. CA are going to lose a good bowler very soon if they don't give him a chance.

You realise to play for a national side, you actually need to be born in that country, a national of the country or a resident.

Sayers aint going to play for England mate - i dont even think he plays County cricket! :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Bombers4EVA » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:49 pm

Zartan wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:Hmmm maybe Sayers better chances of playing in a national team might make him look to England. They're going to be needing bowlers soon. And with the conditions over in England the way they are. Would suit Sayers to a tee. CA are going to lose a good bowler very soon if they don't give him a chance.

You realise to play for a national side, you actually need to be born in that country, a national of the country or a resident.

Sayers aint going to play for England mate - i dont even think he plays County cricket! :lol:

Can't you just move over there and live there and after a couple of years they will make you one of their own? Even though I'd hate that.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby carey » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:50 pm

WTF??? :?
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Bombers4EVA » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:59 pm

carey wrote:

Not saying he will. But just saying that "if" he wanted to play at national level mate. And CA don't give him the opportunity. England's conditions would suit him and he'd be given more of a opportunity than what CA are prepared to offer him. Which is f%$k all.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:01 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:
Zartan wrote:

Sayers aint going to play for England mate - i dont even think he plays County cricket! [emoji38]

Can't you just move over there and live there and after a couple of years they will make you one of their own? Even though I'd hate that.

You have to be an English resident for seven years before you can play for the national side. That changed from four years in 2012.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:04 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:
carey wrote:

Not saying he will. But just saying that "if" he wanted to play at national level mate. And CA don't give him the opportunity. England's conditions would suit him and he'd be given more of a opportunity than what CA are prepared to offer him. Which is f%$k all.

;)
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Bombers4EVA » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:07 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:
Zartan wrote:

Sayers aint going to play for England mate - i dont even think he plays County cricket! [emoji38]

You have to be an English resident for seven years before you can play for the national side. That changed from four years in 2012.

Oh ok. Wasn't sure of that.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:31 pm

I heard he's entering the ICC's pre-season draft this year
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby carey » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:34 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

I believe he will go in trade week prior to the draft.......
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby am Bays » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:05 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:Hickey unlucky, amBays?
Was he ever really that close? His body failed him, didn't it?

Times back in the late 80s he was anecdotally the quickest bowler in Australia but yeah injuries didn't help him (mixed action).

My point is compared to some where opportunity and preparation coincided - definition of luck according to a former WA/SA Shield cricketer/underage WA coach/former Parafield Gdns HS PE teacher ;) (see names mentioned above) he can be considered "unlucky".

Dirk Tazelaar is another one who might be put in that category too - unlucky
Last edited by am Bays on Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Booney » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:07 pm

carey wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

I believe he will go in trade week prior to the draft.......

He has the same manager as Xavier Richards.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket