Australia Domestic Season 2017/18

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: Australia Domestic Season 2017/18

Postby Jack » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:43 pm

Might be a batting paradise in the Sheffield Shield Final ?
477 Tasmania
516 Queensland
993 total runs
Every batsman, except Alex Doolan , has scored double figures +runs [10+]

516 runs for Queensland with a highest score of 77 by Charlie Hemphrey
No tons in a score of 500+ , thats very unusual

From this final , Joe Burns and Matthew Renshaw or both , might get a call up to play in South Africa
Jack
Rookie

Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby heater31 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:45 pm

Nic Maddinson cut by NSW and no other State team signs him. All First class lists are finalised and due to be announced any time.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:08 am

heater31 wrote:Nic Maddinson cut by NSW and no other State team signs him. All First class lists are finalised and due to be announced any time.

Little surprising he wasn't picked up by another state!

Can he be rookie listed to a squad down the track? Perhaps he will move state and play grade cricket - if its here in Adelaide, wouldn't surprise me if he ended up back playing Shield before the end of the next season ala Tom Cooper the other year.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby heater31 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:22 am

The Bedge wrote:
heater31 wrote:Nic Maddinson cut by NSW and no other State team signs him. All First class lists are finalised and due to be announced any time.

Can he be rookie listed to a squad down the track? Perhaps he will move state and play grade cricket - if its here in Adelaide, wouldn't surprise me if he ended up back playing Shield before the end of the next season ala Tom Cooper the other year.

Up to a premier club to recruit him and bring him across. It does happen fringe First Class players email rival state associations asking about opportunities if they move there and do the hard yards. I know SACA send out the details to all clubs if they are interested.
heater31

Postby Trader » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:36 am

heater31 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Up to a premier club to recruit him and bring him across. It does happen fringe First Class players email rival state associations asking about opportunities if they move there and do the hard yards. I know SACA send out the details to all clubs if they are interested.

Adelaide Uni will pick him up and then the remaining grade clubs will squeal about them not growing their own talent. Two months later he'll play redbacks and those same squealers will be saying how great it is SACA have recruited talent and promoted them through the grade system into the national competition.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:41 am

Trader wrote:Adelaide Uni will pick him up and then the remaining grade clubs will squeal about them not growing their own talent. Two months later he'll play redbacks and those same squealers will be saying how great it is SACA have recruited talent and promoted them through the grade system into the national competition.

I feel like we have seen this narrative play out before :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby The Hound » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:32 pm

Trader wrote:
heater31 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Adelaide Uni will pick him up and then the remaining grade clubs will squeal about them not growing their own talent. Two months later he'll play redbacks and those same squealers will be saying how great it is SACA have recruited talent and promoted them through the grade system into the national competition.

At least he is a local and wont leave them in the lurch come finals time :lol: , Uni are good at developing other clubs juniors ;)
The Hound
Reserves

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby heater31 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:40 pm

The Hound wrote:
Trader wrote:
heater31 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Little surprising he wasn't picked up by another state!

At least he is a local and wont leave them in the lurch come finals time [emoji38] , Uni are good at developing other clubs juniors ;)
In this case it would be an Eastern Suburbs junior [emoji6]

On a side note just looked up Nic's club stats from last season...... 175 @ 43.75 from 6 hits.
heater31

Previous

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket