Cricket restructured

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Cricket restructured

Postby bennymacca » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:06 pm

http://www.cricket.com.au/news/icc-test ... 2017-10-13

9 team Test championship over two years.

Excellent news. Should mean every game is worth something.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Re: Cricket restructured

Postby Sharksta » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:23 am

Didn't mind the idea then read this ....

Sutherland said less Tests and ODI matches would open the schedule for more T20 cricket, be it international or in series like the Big Bash League.

More 20/20 cricket to help diminish the quality of test cricket & fill the coffers of the cricket administrations. The almighty $$$$ wins again
Sharksta
Rookie

Has liked: 476 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby heater31 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:21 pm

Sharksta wrote:Didn't mind the idea then read this ....

Sutherland said less Tests and ODI matches would open the schedule for more T20 cricket, be it international or in series like the Big Bash League.

More 20/20 cricket to help diminish the quality of test cricket & fill the coffers of the cricket administrations. The almighty $$$$ wins again

this causes issues for the Domestic First Class season.........
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Grenville » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:17 pm

Sutherland doesn't give a shit about anything but the bottom dollar, in whatever form it is presented. A cricket version of Gillon McLachlan. Both are spineless stooges.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby gadj1976 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:50 pm

Cricket Australia lost me a few years ago. No cricket on Saturday's, focus on 20/20. Money grabbing swines.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:14 pm

My guess is that he is referring to the fact that Odis will be limited to 3 game series.

I doubt there will be less tests played. In fact for countries other than Australia /England / India they will play many more
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:21 am

bennymacca wrote:http://www.cricket.com.au/news/icc-test-championship-odi-league-dave-richardson-auckland-meeting-context-for-cricket/2017-10-13

9 team Test championship over two years.

Excellent news. Should mean every game is worth something.

Every game is worth something. That's Test cricket. You are representing your country in the purest form of the game their is. While I don't mind the Test Championship I would never agree with your last comment. All tests mean something, all short stuff is bollocks unless it's the 50 over world cup.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Cricket restructured

Postby bennymacca » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:43 am

3rd rest of a series that has been won has always been worth bugger all. The interest and crowds drop.

At least if there is some points towards a ladder it provides some context.

I do agree that it’s still a privilege to play test cricket.

Looks like there will be less ODI cricket which is good. At the moment we play 5-7 odi series against India and England, max will be 3 which is good.

Likely means more T20s, but it should also mean more short test series against smaller teams. I reckon we will start playing 6 tests every summer

How awesome would it be if we squeezed in eight - maybe Bangladesh in a 2 test series too
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:37 pm

bennymacca wrote:3rd rest of a series that has been won has always been worth bugger all. The interest and crowds drop.

At least if there is some points towards a ladder it provides some context.

I do agree that it’s still a privilege to play test cricket.

Looks like there will be less ODI cricket which is good. At the moment we play 5-7 odi series against India and England, max will be 3 which is good.

Likely means more T20s, but it should also mean more short test series against smaller teams. I reckon we will start playing 6 tests every summer

How awesome would it be if we squeezed in eight - maybe Bangladesh in a 2 test series too

ODIs are on the way out. T20 subsidises Tests and the only 50 over stuff should be warm up tourneys for the World Cup which should be kept. Couldn't care less about T20 or the T20 world cup. Just milk the cash cow.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:33 pm

T20 is fine for domestic leagues. Doesn’t really interest me at the national level - once again because there is no context to them like there is in the BBL
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:00 am

When Test cricket ends I'll stop following whatever they call Cricket afterwards. I only watch Tests and the World Cup when it's on. It has to mean something. That was what was good about 50 over cricket when it started. You were out to win the World Series Cup. It didn't hurt to have those mighty West Indians out here every second year either. To beat them, even in a limited overs match meant something. Now it's just 'watch me hit a few dingers'. Deadly boring and I wouldn't cross the road to watch a fixture.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket