The Ashes 2019

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

The Ashes 2019

Postby Booney » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:08 am

First Test :

Australia 137
England 154
Australia 203
England 139

Australia win by 47 runs just before lunch on day 3.
PAFC. Forever.
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 43852
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 4134 times
Been liked: 6973 times

Re: The Ashes 2019

Postby DOC » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:12 am

How did you go?
User avatar
DOC
Coach
 
 
Posts: 7150
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:15 pm
Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 621 times

Re: The Ashes 2019

Postby stampy » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:38 am

we are going to get smashed, our batsmen cant score at home so what hope do they have over there?
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach
 
 
Posts: 7467
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:21 pm
Location: at church asking for divine intervention
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 138 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Re: The Ashes 2019

Postby hawks21 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:55 am

My prediction:

A result all 5 tests under 4 days. It will be battle of the bowlers with the swinging duke as both batting line ups are below par.

Our line up:

Harris
Warner
Smith
Labuschagne
Head
??
Paine
Cummins
Starc
Hazlewood
Lyon

12th Richardson

I don't think you can play Khawaja on form. Opens the door for a Patterson to keep his spot. Big county games coming up few a few batsman leading up to the Ashes.
User avatar
hawks21
Reserves
 
 
Posts: 865
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:27 am
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 37 times

Re: The Ashes 2019

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:58 am

hawks21 wrote:My prediction:

A result all 5 tests under 4 days. It will be battle of the bowlers with the swinging duke as both batting line ups are below par.

Our line up:

Harris
Warner
Smith
Labuschagne
Head
??
Paine
Cummins
Starc
Hazlewood
Lyon

12th Richardson

I don't think you can play Khawaja on form. Opens the door for a Patterson to keep his spot. Big county games coming up few a few batsman leading up to the Ashes.


The trouble is that other nations have followed our suit and will make us play Sunday league teams to give us a false sense of confidence.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 36718
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 2416 times
Been liked: 4421 times

Re: The Ashes 2019

Postby David Brent » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:54 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
hawks21 wrote:My prediction:

A result all 5 tests under 4 days. It will be battle of the bowlers with the swinging duke as both batting line ups are below par.

Our line up:

Harris
Warner
Smith
Labuschagne
Head
??
Paine
Cummins
Starc
Hazlewood
Lyon

12th Richardson

I don't think you can play Khawaja on form. Opens the door for a Patterson to keep his spot. Big county games coming up few a few batsman leading up to the Ashes.


The trouble is that other nations have followed our suit and will make us play Sunday league teams to give us a false sense of confidence.


That why they are going to have an Aus v Aus A tour game whilst over there, to guarantee some sort of a quality hit out. For a change its a bloody good idea by Cric Aus
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
David Brent
Reserves
 
Posts: 832
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:35 pm
Has liked: 76 times
Been liked: 81 times

Re: The Ashes 2019

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:56 am

David Brent wrote:
That why they are going to have an Aus v Aus A tour game whilst over there, to guarantee some sort of a quality hit out. For a change its a bloody good idea by Cric Aus

Sure is, hopefully they mix it up so we don't lose to our #2 side.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 36718
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 2416 times
Been liked: 4421 times

Re: The Ashes 2019

Postby RB » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:57 pm

David Brent wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
hawks21 wrote:My prediction:

A result all 5 tests under 4 days. It will be battle of the bowlers with the swinging duke as both batting line ups are below par.

Our line up:

Harris
Warner
Smith
Labuschagne
Head
??
Paine
Cummins
Starc
Hazlewood
Lyon

12th Richardson

I don't think you can play Khawaja on form. Opens the door for a Patterson to keep his spot. Big county games coming up few a few batsman leading up to the Ashes.


The trouble is that other nations have followed our suit and will make us play Sunday league teams to give us a false sense of confidence.


That why they are going to have an Aus v Aus A tour game whilst over there, to guarantee some sort of a quality hit out. For a change its a bloody good idea by Cric Aus
I know the WC is on, but I would guarantee we'd be a much better chance of retaining the Ashes if we had six 4-day tour games against good county teams before the first test like back in the old days.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
User avatar
RB
League - Top 5
 
Posts: 3405
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:45 pm
Has liked: 307 times
Been liked: 460 times

Re: The Ashes 2019

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:05 pm

RB wrote:I know the WC is on, but I would guarantee we'd be a much better chance of retaining the Ashes if we had six 4-day tour games against good county teams before the first test like back in the old days.

So does the ECB that's why it will never happen.

We gave India a 4 day tour match against a CAXI for practice heading into the 1st test.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 36718
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 2416 times
Been liked: 4421 times

Re: The Ashes 2019

Postby stampy » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:14 pm

gotta love warnies squad, why doesnt he just name an all victorian squad :lol:
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach
 
 
Posts: 7467
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:21 pm
Location: at church asking for divine intervention
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 138 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Re: The Ashes 2019

Postby Armchair expert » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:31 pm

stampy wrote:gotta love warnies squad, why doesnt he just name an all victorian squad :lol:


Let me guess Stoinis is captain?
User avatar
Armchair expert
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 2019
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 9:18 am
Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 239 times
Grassroots Team: Solomontown

Re: The Ashes 2019

Postby The Bedge » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:47 am

stampy wrote:gotta love warnies squad, why doesnt he just name an all victorian squad :lol:

Had a giggle at a paragraph in the 'tiser quickly this morning waiting for my coffee.. was something along the lines of:

"Meredith also should be in the squad, i watched him in the BBL and he went for 23 off his first over, but he just had an off day" :lol:
If you fall i'll catch you - Floor
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
User avatar
The Bedge
Coach
 
 
Posts: 10355
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:28 pm
Has liked: 2462 times
Been liked: 2512 times

Re: The Ashes 2019

Postby locky801 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:32 pm

The Bedge wrote:
stampy wrote:gotta love warnies squad, why doesnt he just name an all victorian squad :lol:

Had a giggle at a paragraph in the 'tiser quickly this morning waiting for my coffee.. was something along the lines of:

"Meredith also should be in the squad, i watched him in the BBL and he went for 23 off his first over, but he just had an off day" :lol:


He has had a few off days in recent times, bowls pies, very wide pies ;)
User avatar
locky801
Coach
 
 
Posts: 40989
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:11 pm
Location: Lockies Crownie Bar and Lounge
Has liked: 1089 times
Been liked: 523 times

Re: The Ashes 2019

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:08 am

HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 36718
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 2416 times
Been liked: 4421 times

Re: The Ashes 2019

Postby heater31 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:14 am

Actually a good move by him. He's trying to win back the respect he's lost and letting the results to the talking.
User avatar
heater31
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 15408
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:42 am
Location: the back blocks
Has liked: 453 times
Been liked: 1081 times

Re: The Ashes 2019

Postby heater31 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:14 am

Actually a good move by him. He's trying to win back the respect he's lost and letting the results to the talking.
User avatar
heater31
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 15408
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:42 am
Location: the back blocks
Has liked: 453 times
Been liked: 1081 times

Re: The Ashes 2019

Postby tigerpie » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:26 pm

heater31 wrote:
Actually a good move by him. He's trying to win back the respect he's lost and letting the results to the talking.

Totally. And he needs to gain the respect of the public more than anything.
We need his type, that can occupy the crease for long periods.
Usman looks great when the goings easy but can't make ugly runs on a tough wicket.
tigerpie
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 2135
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:00 pm
Has liked: 182 times
Been liked: 176 times

Re: The Ashes 2019

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:35 pm

There is talk around that England are pushing to have numbers and player names on the back of shirts for the Ashes.

GAGF.
Inaugural JK Cup Winner 2018
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
User avatar
PatowalongaPirate
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 3446
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:31 am
Location: Tiger Land
Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 796 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Re: The Ashes 2019

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:50 pm

PatowalongaPirate wrote:There is talk around that England are pushing to have numbers and player names on the back of shirts for the Ashes.

GAGF.


It's more than talk, it's happening from the Ashes onwards, it's been endorsed by the ICC.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 36718
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 2416 times
Been liked: 4421 times

Re: The Ashes 2019

Postby Booney » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:54 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:There is talk around that England are pushing to have numbers and player names on the back of shirts for the Ashes.

GAGF.


It's more than talk, it's happening from the Ashes onwards, it's been endorsed by the ICC.


Great idea.

I always found it difficult to remember the names of the 4 bowlers we had playing, or the two batsmen in the middle or indeed the one wicket keeper. Going to be so much easier to remember now.
PAFC. Forever.
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 43852
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 4134 times
Been liked: 6973 times

Next

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: daysofourlives, helicopterking, whufc and 11 guests