ODI World Cup 2019

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

ODI World Cup 2019

Postby Armchair expert » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:48 am

Australia have just released their squad


Finch
Behrendorff
Carey
NCN
Cummins
Khawaja
SMarsh
Lyon
Maxwell
JRichsrdson
Smith
Starc
Stoinis
Zampa
Warner
User avatar
Armchair expert
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1617
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 9:18 am
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 195 times
Grassroots Team: Solomontown

Re: ODI World Cup 2019

Postby Trader » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:56 am

Will be interesting to see how they line up.
I'd guess Khawaja is going to be the unlucky bat to get squeezed out.

1 Finch
2 Warner
3 S Marsh
4 Smith
5 Maxwell
6 Stoinis
7 Carey
8 Cummins
9 Starc
10 J Richardson
11 Lyon

Khawaja, Zampa, Behrendorf, Coulter-Nile
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
User avatar
Trader
League - Top 5
 
Posts: 2581
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 1:19 pm
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 333 times

Re: ODI World Cup 2019

Postby Brodlach » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:02 am

Usman to play before Marsh at 3
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
User avatar
Brodlach
Coach
 
 
Posts: 30170
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Unley
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 2033 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Re: ODI World Cup 2019

Postby Jim05 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:15 am

Finch
Warner
Khawaja
Smith
Maxwell
Stoinis
Carey
Cummins
Starc
Zampa
Richardson
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 38609
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1004 times
Been liked: 2182 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: ODI World Cup 2019

Postby Eagles2014 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:43 am

Trader wrote:Will be interesting to see how they line up.
I'd guess Khawaja is going to be the unlucky bat to get squeezed out.

1 Finch
2 Warner
3 S Marsh
4 Smith
5 Maxwell
6 Stoinis
7 Carey
8 Cummins
9 Starc
10 J Richardson
11 Lyon

Khawaja, Zampa, Behrendorf, Coulter-Nile


Think Zampa plays ahead of Lyon also.
Eagles2014
League Bench Warmer
 
 
Posts: 1202
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:56 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 143 times
Grassroots Team: Henley

Re: ODI World Cup 2019

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:18 pm

My best 11 would be-
Warner
Finch
Khawaja
Smith
Maxwell
Stoinis
Carey
Cummins
Coutler-Nile
Starc
Zampa

Hazlewood stiff but hasn't played alot of ODI cricket although I still think he's half a chance to join the squad due to injury, haven't read much about Richardson of late but I'm not 100% convinced he'll be right to go and will be 100%
User avatar
The Dark Knight
Coach
 
Posts: 27109
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:32 pm
Location: Gotham City
Has liked: 5918 times
Been liked: 862 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: ODI World Cup 2019

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:30 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:My best 11 would be-
Warner
Finch
Khawaja
Smith
Maxwell
Stoinis
Carey
Cummins
Coutler-Nile
Starc
Zampa

Hazlewood stiff but hasn't played alot of ODI cricket although I still think he's half a chance to join the squad due to injury, haven't read much about Richardson of late but I'm not 100% convinced he'll be right to go and will be 100%

Starc and Richardson are subject to being fit come June. We can win it with that squad.
Senor Moto Gadili
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1815
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:52 pm
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 215 times

Re: ODI World Cup 2019

Postby Tony Clifton » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:49 pm

Afghanistan a dangerous opponent first up
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
User avatar
Tony Clifton
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1907
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:00 pm
Has liked: 906 times
Been liked: 147 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Re: ODI World Cup 2019

Postby northerner » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:36 pm

I believe we have all bases covered, except the all rounder role. The weakness, based on current form, is Marcus Stoinis. He offered nothing over during our winning streak. Didn't bat well and could only get 2 or 3 overs out of him.

The problem is who comes in if he continues in his current form? Do you play the extra bat (Marsh) and hope Maxwell can bowl out 10 overs? Or do you play Maxwell at 5, Carey at 6 and then have 5 bowlers? Neither of these are desirable options.
northerner
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 345
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:48 pm
Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 92 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Re: ODI World Cup 2019

Postby Trader » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:55 pm

Agreed neither are great options.

I suspect they'll persist with the Rig, however if they don't, I'd be leaning to the bowler not the bat. Cummins, Starc and Coulter-Nile all add a little bit with the stick.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
User avatar
Trader
League - Top 5
 
Posts: 2581
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 1:19 pm
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 333 times

Re: ODI World Cup 2019

Postby locky801 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:44 pm

northerner wrote:I believe we have all bases covered, except the all rounder role. The weakness, based on current form, is Marcus Stoinis. He offered nothing over during our winning streak. Didn't bat well and could only get 2 or 3 overs out of him.



Done nothing at all in the IPL either :oops: :oops:
User avatar
locky801
Coach
 
 
Posts: 40475
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:11 pm
Location: Lockies Crownie Bar and Lounge
Has liked: 1017 times
Been liked: 511 times

Re: ODI World Cup 2019

Postby Tony Clifton » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:28 pm

Was Jhye Richardson's shoulder injury pretty minor?
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
User avatar
Tony Clifton
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1907
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:00 pm
Has liked: 906 times
Been liked: 147 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Re: ODI World Cup 2019

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:17 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:Was Jhye Richardson's shoulder injury pretty minor?
Apparently it is and he did not require surgery to repair it. I read scans showed the usual soft tissue damage from dislocating it but didn't suffer any bone damage or fractures.
User avatar
The Dark Knight
Coach
 
Posts: 27109
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:32 pm
Location: Gotham City
Has liked: 5918 times
Been liked: 862 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: ODI World Cup 2019

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:19 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:Was Jhye Richardson's shoulder injury pretty minor?
Apparently it is and he did not require surgery to repair it. I read scans showed the usual soft tissue damage from dislocating it but didn't suffer any bone damage or fractures.
User avatar
The Dark Knight
Coach
 
Posts: 27109
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:32 pm
Location: Gotham City
Has liked: 5918 times
Been liked: 862 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: ODI World Cup 2019

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:29 pm

Trader wrote:Agreed neither are great options.

I suspect they'll persist with the Rig, however if they don't, I'd be leaning to the bowler not the bat. Cummins, Starc and Coulter-Nile all add a little bit with the stick.

Every failure brings him closer to some form seems to be the mentality of the selectors.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 35636
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 2225 times
Been liked: 4211 times

Re: ODI World Cup 2019

Postby Jim05 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:20 pm

Alex Hales dumped from the England squad after failing his second drug test for recreational drugs


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 38609
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1004 times
Been liked: 2182 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: ODI World Cup 2019

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Wed May 08, 2019 10:42 am

Jhye Richardson ruled out of World Cup .... replaced by Kane Richardson. Hmmm
Senor Moto Gadili
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1815
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:52 pm
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 215 times

Re: ODI World Cup 2019

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 08, 2019 11:01 am

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:Jhye Richardson ruled out of World Cup .... replaced by Kane Richardson. Hmmm

Shirts were already printed.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 35636
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 2225 times
Been liked: 4211 times

Re: ODI World Cup 2019

Postby Armchair expert » Wed May 08, 2019 11:06 am

Good luck to him, with so many games he is likely to get a few goes at it, don't think he is best11 but you never know.
User avatar
Armchair expert
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1617
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 9:18 am
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 195 times
Grassroots Team: Solomontown

Re: ODI World Cup 2019

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 08, 2019 11:22 am

Armchair expert wrote:Good luck to him, with so many games he is likely to get a few goes at it, don't think he is best11 but you never know.

He actually grows an extra cog playing for Australia, he's been picked many times when he's probably ranked 8th or 9th in the pecking order, I guess they always know what they're getting by picking him.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 35636
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 2225 times
Been liked: 4211 times

Next

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests