ODI World Cup 2019

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: ODI World Cup 2019

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:40 pm

batmanbegins wrote:Just wanted to say full credit to the way the Kiwi's have handled this, absolute testament to the team they are. They have been pretty well screwed here but this is a team that is incredibly likeable for many reasons. As mentioned can only imagine how India would have dealt with a similar hand.

It would have been interesting to see what would have happened if England had been given 5 runs, putting Adil Rashid on strike with 4 to win off 2 balls. I guess we'll never know, but Ashley Giles is certain Stokes would have got back on strike and hit the last ball for six, so it probably doesn't matter.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby LMA » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:42 pm

batmanbegins wrote:Just wanted to say full credit to the way the Kiwi's have handled this, absolute testament to the team they are. They have been pretty well screwed here but this is a team that is incredibly likeable for many reasons. As mentioned can only imagine how India would have dealt with a similar hand.

The Eagles could learn a thing from the Kiwis #-O
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby gadj1976 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:24 pm

I agree. I hark back to the day when we beat NZ and Haddin went on like the wanchor he is - rightly copping flak for it too. I wonder if the situation occurred with Haddin involved how it would've played out.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Previous

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket