Australia Contract List 2019-20

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Australia Contract List 2019-20

Postby RB » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:39 pm

2019-20 Australian contract list

Patrick Cummins, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Alex Carey, Aaron Finch, Usman Khawaja, Peter Handscomb, Marcus Harris, Travis Head, Josh Hazlewood, Nathan Lyon, Glenn Maxwell, Shaun Marsh, Tim Paine, James Pattinson, Jhye Richardson, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc, Marcus Stoinis, David Warner, Adam Zampa

In: Nathan Coulter-Nile, Marcus Harris, James Pattinson, Steve Smith, David Warner, Adam Zampa

Out: Ashton Agar, Mitchell Marsh, Matthew Renshaw, Kane Richardson, Billy Stanlake, Andrew Tye

Patterson very stiff to miss IMO. At least he makes the Australia A squad for the England tour, unlike Joe Burns who made a century in our last test.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Re: Australia Contract List 2019-20

Postby Brodlach » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:47 pm

Not sure who Kurtis would replace on that list, would need to be a middle order batsman. Probably Marsh
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby RB » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:57 pm

Brodlach wrote:Probably Marsh

Bingo.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:18 pm

Good to see the Mitch Marsh experiment is finally over.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:19 pm

RB wrote:2019-20 Australian contract list

Patrick Cummins, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Alex Carey, Aaron Finch, Usman Khawaja, Peter Handscomb, Marcus Harris, Travis Head, Josh Hazlewood, Nathan Lyon, Glenn Maxwell, Shaun Marsh, Tim Paine, James Pattinson, Jhye Richardson, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc, Marcus Stoinis, David Warner, Adam Zampa

In: Nathan Coulter-Nile, Marcus Harris, James Pattinson, Steve Smith, David Warner, Adam Zampa

Out: Ashton Agar, Mitchell Marsh, Matthew Renshaw, Kane Richardson, Billy Stanlake, Andrew Tye

Patterson very stiff to miss IMO. At least he makes the Australia A squad for the England tour, unlike Joe Burns who made a century in our last test.

Squad looks fair enough. Richo had a big day, loses contract and misses World Cup Squad, reckon he be a chance to move States now.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby Corona Man » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:19 pm

amber_fluid wrote:Good to see the Mitch Marsh experiment is finally over.

Don't bet on it!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:29 pm

RB wrote:Patterson very stiff to miss IMO. At least he makes the Australia A squad for the England tour, unlike Joe Burns who made a century in our last test.

"We have Joe Burns, Cameron Bancroft, Marnus Labuschagne, Matthew Renshaw, Peter Siddle and Daniel Worrall in our sights but they have not been included in the squad and will continue to play through this period with their County teams," Hohns said.

"However, we have made it clear that strong form with their county teams will be taken into account for selection in the Ashes squad or the Australia v Australia A tour match.
"Following the four-day tour match in Hampshire we will be in a position to announce our squad for the Ashes."

Australia A tour of the UK
Australia A one-day squad: Travis Head (c), Matthew Wade, Will Pucovski, Peter Handscomb, Ashton Turner, Mitch Marsh (vc), D'Arcy Short, Kurtis Patterson, Ashton Agar, Michael Neser, James Pattinson, Josh Hazlewood (vc), Kane Richardson, Sean Abbott

Australia A four-day squad: Tim Paine (c), Marcus Harris, Kurtis Patterson, Will Pucovski, Travis Head (vc), Peter Handscomb, Matthew Wade, Mitch Marsh, Michael Neser, Jon Holland, James Pattinson, Jackson Bird, Josh Hazlewood (vc), Chris Tremain
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby The Dark Knight » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:36 pm

I was waiting for this, does seem very odd that he wasn't not selected in the squad for the A tour despite being in the test team.
https://www.cricket.com.au/news/joe-bur ... 2019-04-16

'Disappointed' Burns eyes county success

Opening batsman will link up with Lancashire next month after again being omitted from an Australia A squad

Joe Burns has expressed his disappointment at missing out on the Australia A four-day squad for the July tour of the UK ahead of the Ashes, as the Test opener gears up for a stint with County Championship side Lancashire.

"It's always disappointing," Burns told cricket.com.au. "You want to be chosen by the selectors, whether it be for a central contract, or an A tour, whatever it is.

"My preference would be to be playing as much cricket for Australia as possible, whether that be in the Test team or at A level.

"I've missed out on teams in the past, and I'm so passionate about trying to play for Australia, that even if it's at A level, those games are really meaningful.

"But there are a lot of things at play, I get that, and now I'm just looking forward to the challenge of going to Lancashire and hopefully contributing to a season where we can get promoted in the four-day stuff.

"I've made big runs in the past – the selectors know I can make big runs," he added.

"I'm not going to go to Lancashire trying to show people I can make big runs – I'm going to Lancashire to try and contribute to their success by buying into their team culture and ambitions.

"I know if I go to Lancashire and I learn off the guys around me about how to win in England, that would leave me in the best stead if I got the call-up to Australia."

"If there happens to be an Ashes series after that, then great. But I can't control that."
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket