Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Postby Tony Clifton » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:00 pm

Redbacks kick off on Tuesday September 24 vs Queensland in a one dayer, then play NSW two days later. Both games in Queensland.

South Australia’s 14-player squad
Jake Lehmann (c)
Wes Agar
Alex Carey
Tom Cooper
Callum Ferguson
Joe Mennie
Harry Nielsen
Lloyd Pope
Luke Robins
Alex Ross
Kane Richardson
Cameron Valente
Jake Weatherald
Adam Zampa

Head rested, Worrall still injured.

Could this finally be our year? Hope springs eternal.

But no.
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
User avatar
Tony Clifton
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 2035
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:00 pm
Has liked: 971 times
Been liked: 155 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:15 pm

Out of the Ashes and almost straight into domestic cricket! I already started a 19/20 domestic season topic lol.
User avatar
The Dark Knight
Coach
 
Posts: 27788
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:32 pm
Location: Gotham City
Has liked: 6247 times
Been liked: 924 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Postby Armchair expert » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:26 pm

So obviously only one of Zampa Pope will play.

Carey
Weatherald
Ferg
Cooper
Nielsen
Ross
Valente
Agar/Robins ?
Richo
Mennie
Zampa

Batting looks week without Head
User avatar
Armchair expert
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 2481
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 9:18 am
Has liked: 148 times
Been liked: 294 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Postby The Bedge » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:43 pm

Armchair expert wrote:So obviously only one of Zampa Pope will play.

Carey
Weatherald
Ferg
Cooper
Nielsen
Ross
Valente
Agar/Robins ?
Richo
Mennie
Zampa

Batting looks week without Head

Not going to play the captain? :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..

Footy Chick wrote:Because I'm a dumb arse
User avatar
The Bedge
Coach
 
 
Posts: 10814
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:28 pm
Has liked: 2529 times
Been liked: 2601 times

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Postby Armchair expert » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:45 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:So obviously only one of Zampa Pope will play.

Carey
Weatherald
Ferg
Cooper
Nielsen
Ross
Valente
Agar/Robins ?
Richo
Mennie
Zampa

Batting looks weak without Head


Not going to play the captain? :lol:


Nielsen misses out then :oops:
User avatar
Armchair expert
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 2481
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 9:18 am
Has liked: 148 times
Been liked: 294 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Postby The Bedge » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:46 pm

1. Carey (w/k)
2. Weatherald
3. Cooper
4. Ferguson
5. Lehmann
6. Ross
7. Valente
8. Zampa
9. Richardson
10. Mennie
11. Robins
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..

Footy Chick wrote:Because I'm a dumb arse
User avatar
The Bedge
Coach
 
 
Posts: 10814
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:28 pm
Has liked: 2529 times
Been liked: 2601 times

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Postby The Bedge » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:47 pm

Armchair expert wrote:Nielsen misses out then :oops:

Correct, unless they opt to play him as a specialist bat but he's not up to it yet.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..

Footy Chick wrote:Because I'm a dumb arse
User avatar
The Bedge
Coach
 
 
Posts: 10814
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:28 pm
Has liked: 2529 times
Been liked: 2601 times

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Postby reppoh_eht » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:02 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:Redbacks kick off on Tuesday September 24 vs Queensland in a one dayer, then play NSW two days later. Both games in Queensland.

South Australia’s 14-player squad
Jake Lehmann (c)
Wes Agar
Alex Carey
Tom Cooper
Callum Ferguson
Joe Mennie
Harry Nielsen
Lloyd Pope
Luke Robins
Alex Ross
Kane Richardson
Cameron Valente
Jake Weatherald
Adam Zampa

Head rested, Worrall still injured.

Could this finally be our year? Hope springs eternal.

But no.


Anyone feel as though the squad's just too similar to last year? Believe it has the potential to perform but reading the same names as previous years just makes me feel that the let down is on again.
reppoh_eht
Under 16s
 
Posts: 411
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:24 pm
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 34 times

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Postby The Bedge » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:05 pm

reppoh_eht wrote:Anyone feel as though the squad's just too similar to last year? Believe it has the potential to perform but reading the same names as previous years just makes me feel that the let down is on again.

Yes, i hear ya.. but who else is there?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..

Footy Chick wrote:Because I'm a dumb arse
User avatar
The Bedge
Coach
 
 
Posts: 10814
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:28 pm
Has liked: 2529 times
Been liked: 2601 times

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Postby Tony Clifton » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:44 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:Out of the Ashes and almost straight into domestic cricket! I already started a 19/20 domestic season topic lol.

Whoops!

Missed that sorry

Can the Modetators merge the two threads?
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
User avatar
Tony Clifton
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 2035
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:00 pm
Has liked: 971 times
Been liked: 155 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:55 pm

The Bedge wrote:
reppoh_eht wrote:Anyone feel as though the squad's just too similar to last year? Believe it has the potential to perform but reading the same names as previous years just makes me feel that the let down is on again.

Yes, i hear ya.. but who else is there?

Bear?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 38097
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 2601 times
Been liked: 4674 times

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Postby whufc » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:56 pm

Would love to be an opener hitting runs early in the shield this year.

Will Khawaja get a chance to open for NSW and try and rejuvenate his test career.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
User avatar
whufc
Coach
 
 
Posts: 20092
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:56 am
Location: Blakeview
Has liked: 3013 times
Been liked: 1288 times

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Postby The Bedge » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:53 pm

whufc wrote:Would love to be an opener hitting runs early in the shield this year.

Will Khawaja get a chance to open for NSW and try and rejuvenate his test career.

Pfft waste of time, you know Warner has a spot locked, and smart money would be on Bancroft returning for the Aussie Summer.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..

Footy Chick wrote:Because I'm a dumb arse
User avatar
The Bedge
Coach
 
 
Posts: 10814
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:28 pm
Has liked: 2529 times
Been liked: 2601 times

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Postby whufc » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:06 pm

The Bedge wrote:
whufc wrote:Would love to be an opener hitting runs early in the shield this year.

Will Khawaja get a chance to open for NSW and try and rejuvenate his test career.

Pfft waste of time, you know Warner has a spot locked, and smart money would be on Bancroft returning for the Aussie Summer.


Yeah Warner could be a lock and then it will come down to the opener hitting the most runs you would think.

Renshaw, Bancroft, Harris, Weatherald would have to give themselves a shout at very least.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
User avatar
whufc
Coach
 
 
Posts: 20092
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:56 am
Location: Blakeview
Has liked: 3013 times
Been liked: 1288 times

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Postby The Dark Knight » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:53 pm

whufc wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
whufc wrote:Would love to be an opener hitting runs early in the shield this year.

Will Khawaja get a chance to open for NSW and try and rejuvenate his test career.

Pfft waste of time, you know Warner has a spot locked, and smart money would be on Bancroft returning for the Aussie Summer.


Yeah Warner could be a lock and then it will come down to the opener hitting the most runs you would think.

Renshaw, Bancroft, Harris, Weatherald would have to give themselves a shout at very least.
Surely Burns will be in the mix aswell? At least I hope he will be.

One thing is for sure there is plenty of options that could potentially make up the top 6 this summer-
The openers that you mentioned plus Burns,
And middle order players Smith, Labuschagne, Khawaja, Head, Wade, Patterson, S. Marsh, Handscomb, Pucovski just to start with plus others that may surprise us. At least there's some depth there now.
User avatar
The Dark Knight
Coach
 
Posts: 27788
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:32 pm
Location: Gotham City
Has liked: 6247 times
Been liked: 924 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Postby whufc » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:46 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
whufc wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
whufc wrote:Would love to be an opener hitting runs early in the shield this year.

Will Khawaja get a chance to open for NSW and try and rejuvenate his test career.

Pfft waste of time, you know Warner has a spot locked, and smart money would be on Bancroft returning for the Aussie Summer.


Yeah Warner could be a lock and then it will come down to the opener hitting the most runs you would think.

Renshaw, Bancroft, Harris, Weatherald would have to give themselves a shout at very least.
Surely Burns will be in the mix aswell? At least I hope he will be.

One thing is for sure there is plenty of options that could potentially make up the top 6 this summer-
The openers that you mentioned plus Burns,
And middle order players Smith, Labuschagne, Khawaja, Head, Wade, Patterson, S. Marsh, Handscomb, Pucovski just to start with plus others that may surprise us. At least there's some depth there now.


Completely forget about Burns. I cant believe he wasn't selected for this series.

Whilst there is depth at this stage it appears a depth of 'average' players, I guess we could hope that the competition for places will lift the standard.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
User avatar
whufc
Coach
 
 
Posts: 20092
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:56 am
Location: Blakeview
Has liked: 3013 times
Been liked: 1288 times

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Postby Trader » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:32 pm

Correct, depth is always interesting.

If you have 5 blokes who are a 6 out of 10, then you have depth.
If you have two blokes who are 9s, and the next best is a 6, then people say you don't have a ready made replacement if one of the two hits a form slump or gets injured.

A lack of talent shouldn't be mistaken for depth.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
User avatar
Trader
League - Top 5
 
Posts: 2730
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 1:19 pm
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 378 times

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Postby Jim05 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:59 pm

Bit of a blow for WA with Coulter-Nile and Behrendorff choosing to sit out of SS this year and are instead focussing on purely playing white ball cricket.
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 40405
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1062 times
Been liked: 2448 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Postby Brodlach » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:15 pm

Our players turning into West Indian players? Just in for the money?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach
 
 
Posts: 32339
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Unley
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 2247 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Postby Jim05 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:17 pm

Brodlach wrote:Our players turning into West Indian players? Just in for the money?

Seems that way.
T20 WC early next year aswell so they have probably decided they will never play tests so it’s not worth the effort playing SS
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 40405
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1062 times
Been liked: 2448 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Next

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests