Australian Womens Cricket

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: Australian Womens Cricket

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:15 am

daysofourlives wrote:Why is there even drug testing happening in the womens game?
What sort of drugs are going to help a womens cricketer who doesn't bowl in a T20 game?

God knows, I'm sure drugs are rife on the Womens tour, just more calming ones. If my missus could swing a cricket ball like she can swing a mood then she'd be opening the bowling for the World XI.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby shoe boy » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:10 am

daysofourlives wrote:Why is there even drug testing happening in the womens game?
What sort of drugs are going to help a womens cricketer who doesn't bowl in a T20 game?

They want equality .
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:27 pm

Congratulations to 17 year old Kapunda girl Darcie Brown on making Australia's squad of 17 to tour New Zealand, an amazing achievement after one season in the domestic level. She is such a talented all round sportsmen coming from an amazing well grounded, supportive sporting family.

She is a lovely girl to match her talents, I wish her all the best, her parents are the nicest couple you'll ever meet and they would be beside themselves right now, as would her two older brothers who have always supported her immensely.

Even I have goosebumps when I heard the news today, brilliant.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:15 pm

Billy Bowden umpiring the womens game on Fox today in NZ, forgotten about him, still got the crooked finger and the dance when a 6 is hit
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:19 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Congratulations to 17 year old Kapunda girl Darcie Brown on making Australia's squad of 17 to tour New Zealand, an amazing achievement after one season in the domestic level. She is such a talented all round sportsmen coming from an amazing well grounded, supportive sporting family.

She is a lovely girl to match her talents, I wish her all the best, her parents are the nicest couple you'll ever meet and they would be beside themselves right now, as would her two older brothers who have always supported her immensely.

Darcie picked up Australia's first four wickets today as they played India in an ODI at Mackay, ended up with 4/33 off of 9 overs, just brilliant, her family were ecstatic.

She came to the Reepham a few months ago to pick her dad and uncle up, she is so well grounded despite her fast rise.

It's weird as I became close to her family when my daughter was playing in the same state junior team as Darcie, little did I know I was good mates with her dad's brother too as I drank with him at my local, small world.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:18 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Congratulations to 17 year old Kapunda girl Darcie Brown on making Australia's squad of 17 to tour New Zealand, an amazing achievement after one season in the domestic level. She is such a talented all round sportsmen coming from an amazing well grounded, supportive sporting family.

Darcie picked up Australia's first four wickets today as they played India in an ODI at Mackay, ended up with 4/33 off of 9 overs, just brilliant, her family were ecstatic.

She came to the Reepham a few months ago to pick her dad and uncle up, she is so well grounded despite her fast rise.

It's weird as I became close to her family when my daughter was playing in the same state junior team as Darcie, little did I know I was good mates with her dad's brother too as I drank with him at my local, small world.

Would I be correct in saying her brother is Joey Brown who has played a bit of league footy for Centrals.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:42 am

whufc wrote:Would I be correct in saying her brother is Joey Brown who has played a bit of league footy for Centrals.

Yeah mate, and Kallum is the other brother, a couple of great lads.

They came to Queensland for the national championships a few years back and whenever they went for a kick, swim or chuck the frisbee they'd always ask my lad if he wanted to join them despite them being around 18-20 and my lad being 9 or 10.

Quality family.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby jackpot jim » Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:50 pm

Australia maintain their winning streak in the most extraordinary finish to a match chasing down Indias 7/274 off the last ball of the match after looking like they fell 2 runs short.
Needing 3 off the last ball Carey was caught but on review it was judged as an above waist high no ball.
Then hit 2 off the Free Hit next ball to win. :shock:
jackpot jim
Coach

Has liked: 339 times
Been liked: 444 times

Postby spell_check » Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:57 pm

jackpot jim wrote:Australia maintain their winning streak in the most extraordinary finish to a match chasing down Indias 7/274 off the last ball of the match after looking like they fell 2 runs short.
Needing 3 off the last ball Carey was caught but on review it was judged as an above waist high no ball.

It would have been easy to adjudicate that no-ball if they had the telestrator to draw a line...it would have then been even easier if ball tracking was available. Great match though, going between this and the PF and watching the run chase get closer and closer.
spell_check
Coach

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 178 times

Postby rocketeer » Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:01 am

If that was the Big Bash, the Indian bowler would have been removed for two over waist height no balls, and someone else would had to bowl the last one.
rocketeer
Rookie

Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby DOC » Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:03 am

spell_check wrote:
jackpot jim wrote:Australia maintain their winning streak in the most extraordinary finish to a match chasing down Indias 7/274 off the last ball of the match after looking like they fell 2 runs short.

It would have been easy to adjudicate that no-ball if they had the telestrator to draw a line...it would have then been even easier if ball tracking was available. Great match though, going between this and the PF and watching the run chase get closer and closer.

Sounds like I should have stayed home and watched this.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Armchair expert » Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:12 am

GET STUFFED

I turned off after the last ball....or what I thought was the last ball
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby jackpot jim » Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:35 am

rocketeer wrote:If that was the Big Bash, the Indian bowler would have been removed for two over waist height no balls, and someone else would had to bowl the last one.

I heard them say that the last full toss wasn't considered dangerous as wasn't in line with the body and there for the bowler wasn't removed from the attack. :shock:
It should have been hit out of the park to be fair.
jackpot jim
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:17 am

I actually can't believe the girls won that game, when I flicked over to the cricket while watching Bounce on Fox Footy I saw Gardener dismissed and Australia were 4/52 and needed 223 off 35 overs. I thought game over and the streak is done but a couple of big partnerships later they were able to get over the line. Incredible
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10292 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Brodlach » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:36 am

They really are an amazing team
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby jackpot jim » Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:30 pm

Brodlach wrote:They really are an amazing team

India looked like they were bullying Australia whenever i turned it over to watch parts of it and they looked like the No. 1 team in the world, NOT Aust.

But it's amazing what can be achieved with a never say die attitude which i guess a team has to have to have a 26 game unbeaten winning streak.

It was a phenomenal win from the situation they were in and how they managed to score 10 - 12 RPO in the closing stages without having the power like the men do to hit boundaries regularly on the slow dewy outfield.
jackpot jim
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:13 pm

They should never had won that, the Indians really felt the pressure in that last over even though they still had 16 runs to play with. Missfields, overthrowns and no balls all in that last over. Class teams always find a way to win
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby jackpot jim » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:12 pm

[quote="Brodlach" . Class teams always find a way to win[/quote]

Well the Aussie Womens team could'nt get the job done today and their 26 game winning streak comes to an end despite an horrendous fielding effort by India where they dropped numerous catches and gave up plenty of runs thru misfields.
India then were successful in chasing down Australia's 9/264 with 3 balls to spare nothing 8/266 in what was their highest ever successful run chase. :shock:
jackpot jim
Coach

Postby Armchair expert » Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:26 pm

Bowling has been putrid in this test
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Eagles2014 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:00 pm

Armchair expert wrote:Bowling has been putrid in this test

Horrid. So our opening bowler (SA gun Darcie Brown) has bowled four overs, must have been good ones :shock:

Stick to the white ball game ladies :shock:
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket