2019/20 Australian International summer

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: 2019/20 Australian International summer

Postby locky801 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:35 am

Since England's 1 wicket win at Headingley the margins of victory in Test cricket have been: 318 runs, 257 runs, 185 runs, 224 runs, 135 runs, 203 runs, inns & 137 runs, inns & 202 runs, inns & 130 runs, inns & 65 runs, inns & 5 runs, inns & 46 runs, 9 wickets & inns & 48 runs.
User avatar
locky801
Coach
 
 
Posts: 41578
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:11 pm
Location: Lockies Crownie Bar and Lounge
Has liked: 1169 times
Been liked: 535 times

Re: 2019/20 Australian International summer

Postby Brodlach » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:52 am

Grenville wrote:
heater31 wrote:Pope grasses Williamson off Stokes.....only kept a handful of times at First Class level.

Meanwhile a competent English gloveman is shifting iron in a Gym in Marion, South Australia and playing Club cricket.......


Very poor, not as bad as Denly's effort dropping Williamson off Archer just now.

Denly’s drop is the worst dropped catch I have seen in any grade of cricket including the many kids teams I coached
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach
 
 
Posts: 32339
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Unley
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 2247 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Re: 2019/20 Australian International summer

Postby Grenville » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:10 pm

Brodlach wrote:
Grenville wrote:
heater31 wrote:Pope grasses Williamson off Stokes.....only kept a handful of times at First Class level.

Meanwhile a competent English gloveman is shifting iron in a Gym in Marion, South Australia and playing Club cricket.......


Very poor, not as bad as Denly's effort dropping Williamson off Archer just now.

Denly’s drop is the worst dropped catch I have seen in any grade of cricket including the many kids teams I coached


It was that bad that Archer pissed himself laughing.
User avatar
Grenville
Veteran
 
 
Posts: 3559
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:53 pm
Has liked: 224 times
Been liked: 717 times

Re: 2019/20 Australian International summer

Postby The Dark Knight » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:33 pm

At Adelaide Oval-
Nathan Lyon 50 wickets @26.12
Shane Warne 56 @30.44
User avatar
The Dark Knight
Coach
 
Posts: 27788
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:32 pm
Location: Gotham City
Has liked: 6247 times
Been liked: 924 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: 2019/20 Australian International summer

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:38 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:At Adelaide Oval-
Nathan Lyon 50 wickets @26.12
Shane Warne 56 @30.44

To be fair we'd have to consider the opposition and it's been less of a road in recent years, except for this year.

And I think Warnie is an absolute stick.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 38096
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 2601 times
Been liked: 4674 times

Re: 2019/20 Australian International summer

Postby daysofourlives » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:28 pm

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/cricket ... spartandhp

The most accurate thing I have read on Paine :D
Love the DRS comparison
Who's our BITCH
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
daysofourlives
Coach
 
 
Posts: 9017
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:35 pm
Has liked: 1676 times
Been liked: 1220 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Re: 2019/20 Australian International summer

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:35 pm

daysofourlives wrote:https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/cricket/comment-tim-paine-must-go/ar-BBXIveo?ocid=spartandhp

The most accurate thing I have read on Paine :D
Love the DRS comparison

Kane Williamson's success rate at DRS is worse than Tim Paines, so could be an intetesting series.
Senor Moto Gadili
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 2241
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:52 pm
Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 269 times

Re: 2019/20 Australian International summer

Postby daysofourlives » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:40 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/cricket/comment-tim-paine-must-go/ar-BBXIveo?ocid=spartandhp

The most accurate thing I have read on Paine :D
Love the DRS comparison

Kane Williamson's success rate at DRS is worse than Tim Paines, so could be an intetesting series.


surely not, cant be worse than 0% its not mathematically possible ;)
Who's our BITCH
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
daysofourlives
Coach
 
 
Posts: 9017
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:35 pm
Has liked: 1676 times
Been liked: 1220 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Re: 2019/20 Australian International summer

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:27 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/cricket/comment-tim-paine-must-go/ar-BBXIveo?ocid=spartandhp

The most accurate thing I have read on Paine :D
Love the DRS comparison

Kane Williamson's success rate at DRS is worse than Tim Paines, so could be an intetesting series.


surely not, cant be worse than 0% its not mathematically possible ;)

It was reported this morning as Paine @ 12% and Williamson @ 8%
Senor Moto Gadili
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 2241
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:52 pm
Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 269 times

Re: 2019/20 Australian International summer

Postby whufc » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:02 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/cricket/comment-tim-paine-must-go/ar-BBXIveo?ocid=spartandhp

The most accurate thing I have read on Paine :D
Love the DRS comparison

Kane Williamson's success rate at DRS is worse than Tim Paines, so could be an intetesting series.


surely not, cant be worse than 0% its not mathematically possible ;)

It was reported this morning as Paine @ 12% and Williamson @ 8%


Get that up to 20% and it will probably win you a few test matches, especially if the other captain goes at 5-10%
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
User avatar
whufc
Coach
 
 
Posts: 20092
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:56 am
Location: Blakeview
Has liked: 3013 times
Been liked: 1288 times

Previous

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests