2019/20 Australian International summer

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: 2019/20 Australian International summer

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:39 am

Bum Crack wrote:I think Warner took advantage of Bancroft and although stupid on his part, he should never have put him in that position. He then intimidated his captain into it as well. He's a dead set **** if you ask me, as the mastermind, he should have been given the arse permanently. He's ruined Bancroft's career by the looks and tarnished one the of the world's best batsman for the remainder of his career. If it wasn't for Warner, none of this would have happened.

Fair assessment and understandable, I think Bancroft should be held more accountable for it though too, as a budding young cricketer given the opportunity to represent his country you'd think he'd place more value on the baggy green, and how he did it was plain obvious and stupid.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:41 am

RB wrote:Not sure if Bancroft was going to have much of a test career anyway.

Gonna struggle to have a domestic career if he can't stop getting dismissed the same way.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:48 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:I think Warner took advantage of Bancroft and although stupid on his part, he should never have put him in that position. He then intimidated his captain into it as well. He's a dead set **** if you ask me, as the mastermind, he should have been given the arse permanently. He's ruined Bancroft's career by the looks and tarnished one the of the world's best batsman for the remainder of his career. If it wasn't for Warner, none of this would have happened.

Fair assessment and understandable, I think Bancroft should be held more accountable for it though too, as a budding young cricketer given the opportunity to represent his country you'd think he'd place more value on the baggy green, and how he did it was plain obvious and stupid.

He should never have been made to do it in the first place. He's copped his whack for it more so than the mastermind. As I said though, yes he is a dickhead for doing it.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Jim05 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:32 am

whufc wrote:Have no issue with Dave Warner winning the medal, he served his time as he should have and has come back....thats fine.

I think the award is slightly broken when you can be the worst performing cricketer in our years biggest series but still take out the major award but is no biggie.

I see where your coming from but you are judged over a whole year not just one tournament/series. He obviously polled very well across the board
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:25 pm

Jim05 wrote:
whufc wrote:Have no issue with Dave Warner winning the medal, he served his time as he should have and has come back....thats fine.

I think the award is slightly broken when you can be the worst performing cricketer in our years biggest series but still take out the major award but is no biggie.

I see where your coming from but you are judged over a whole year not just one tournament/series. He obviously polled very well across the board

He would've played in more games than anyone else.

It's like the Brownlow, you don't lose points for shit games.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:56 pm

Jim05 wrote:

Personally I would rather see the test series against England and India weighted heavier than a test series against Pak, SL, Win for example.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby David Brent » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:11 pm

whufc wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Personally I would rather see the test series against England and India weighted heavier than a test series against Pak, SL, Win for example.

What if they weigh the next test series v India at say double or 1.5 points and we get spanked 4 nil with no batter averaging over 30 or bowler under 30 for the series?
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
David Brent
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 161 times

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:57 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:I remember him for being a cheating dog. The quicker he **** off the better.

Out of interest BC, what's your thoughts on Smith and Bancroft?

I think Warner took advantage of Bancroft and although stupid on his part, he should never have put him in that position. He then intimidated his captain into it as well. He's a dead set **** if you ask me, as the mastermind, he should have been given the arse permanently. He's ruined Bancroft's career by the looks and tarnished one the of the world's best batsman for the remainder of his career. If it wasn't for Warner, none of this would have happened.

What a load of crap, Bancroft was never going to make it, only played as much as he has because Langer loves him.
What they did was bugger all, Bancroft should've got 2 games, Warner and Smith debateable if they should've got any, had it been left to the ICC they may not have got that. The one that should've had the book thrown at him was Mick Lewis in the Shield final at Glenelg

Im glad Warner won the AB medal, what a year of redemption for him. Well done to the selectors for sticking by him after the Ashes
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:35 am

daysofourlives wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:I remember him for being a cheating dog. The quicker he **** off the better.

Out of interest BC, what's your thoughts on Smith and Bancroft?

I think Warner took advantage of Bancroft and although stupid on his part, he should never have put him in that position. He then intimidated his captain into it as well. He's a dead set **** if you ask me, as the mastermind, he should have been given the arse permanently. He's ruined Bancroft's career by the looks and tarnished one the of the world's best batsman for the remainder of his career. If it wasn't for Warner, none of this would have happened.

What a load of crap, Bancroft was never going to make it, only played as much as he has because Langer loves him.
What they did was bugger all, Bancroft should've got 2 games, Warner and Smith debateable if they should've got any, had it been left to the ICC they may not have got that. The one that should've had the book thrown at him was Mick Lewis in the Shield final at Glenelg

Im glad Warner won the AB medal, what a year of redemption for him. Well done to the selectors for sticking by him after the Ashes

He's a dog.
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:58 am

Warner was the "master mind" (lol) behind one of (with the under arm incident) the darkest moments in Australian cricket history.

Not only did he deliberately set out and intend to cheat, he used a younger, less experienced player as his scapegoat. His name will forever be tarnished and rightly so.

How his year, which included the debacle of an Ashes series for him, can be rated better than the year Cummins or Labuschange had is ridiculous.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:05 am

Booney wrote:Warner was the "master mind" (lol) behind one of (with the under arm incident) the darkest moments in Australian cricket history.

Not only did he deliberately set out and intend to cheat, he used a younger, less experienced player as his scapegoat. His name will forever be tarnished and rightly so.

How his year, which included the debacle of an Ashes series for him, can be rated better than the year Cummins or Labuschange had is ridiculous.

That's the flaw of the system, at the end of the day he deserved it given the criteria and maximum opportunities to poll.

These type of awards aren't popularity competitions.

I admire his talent but not his persona.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:06 am

daysofourlives wrote:

Thanks for that, I forgot about Mick Lewis, he was also the first bowler to score a ton in an ODI, he has a fair CV.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:13 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:Warner was the "master mind" (lol) behind one of (with the under arm incident) the darkest moments in Australian cricket history.

That's the flaw of the system, at the end of the day he deserved it given the criteria and maximum opportunities to poll.

These type of awards aren't popularity competitions.

I admire his talent but not his persona.

He didn't deserve it because he shouldn't even be playing for Australia. He should have been banned for life the cheating dog.
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:53 am

Allan Border apparently questioning the voting system in light of pig boys win. Nuff said.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby MW » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:23 pm

Corona Man wrote:Allan Border apparently questioning the voting system in light of pig boys win. Nuff said.

I'm looking forward to the Brownlow medal count being adjusted to factor votes gained against the bottom 4 sides...
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Corona Man » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:32 pm

MW wrote:
Corona Man wrote:Allan Border apparently questioning the voting system in light of pig boys win. Nuff said.

I'm looking forward to the Brownlow medal count being adjusted to factor votes gained against the bottom 4 sides...

Is Charlie Brownlow commenting on the voting process?
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Postby MW » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:36 pm

Not sure what that means but my point is how do you adjust points given for votes in games due to the opposition and venue you are playing at...
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Corona Man » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:40 pm

MW wrote:Not sure what that means but my point is how do you adjust points given for votes in games due to the opposition and venue you are playing at...

Allan Border is entitled to comment on an award named in his honour. I believe his point is more weighting should be applied to test match cricket than T20. Nothing to do with quality of opponents or venue..... and while we are at it why not eliminate the journos votes!
Corona Man
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:49 pm

The fact all three formats carry the same weighting system shows how flawed it is.

How many players are there that participate in all three formats, and rarely miss a game? Just by opportunity alone Warner is already well ahead of the rest.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:00 pm

I'd like to see how he came to get 194 points?

I can't seem to find their process.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket