Trans Tasman Trophy

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: Trans Tasman Trophy

Postby Booney » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:26 am

The Dark Knight wrote:Very embarrassing the way the Kiwis rolled over today to be bowled out in just 47.5 overs. de Grandhomme takes the award for the worst dismissal, from the highlights I watched he played some real nice shots for his 52 but then to hit it down the throat of deep mid wicket was just a stupid way to throw his wicket away.

The worst part of the summer for mine was the fact the Kiwi's never challenged us for any period of time with bat or ball. There was two or three sessions of play where they may have broken even but they really never threw down a challenge.

In Perth they melted, understandably, under the sun for the first day and a half and coming in to face Starc and Cummins under lights was always going to be a bridge too far.

To then put us in in Melbourne, clearly they hadn't watched any previous matches there, was just a terrible, terrible mistake. They over estimated their attacks ability to run through us.

Then in Sydney they were cooked, on and off field. Bazz McCullum, a bloke who knows how to fight couldn't have been more scathing of them on air over the last two days in Sydney, he was bitterly disappointed in their effort, body language and the de Grondhomme dismissal was the icing on the top of a very bitter cake for him. You could hear in his calls all summer that he wanted the Black Caps to show more fight and determination than what they did. I'm with him.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby mots02 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:35 am

amber_fluid wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
Booney wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:GTFO.... :lol:

Steve Waugh is the toughest player in the history of sport and our greatest captain....

Toughest player in the history of sport? I'd have to research before mounting an argument.

Our greatest captain? Maybe.

A better batsman than Ponting? Sorry, no.

I may be little bias when it comes to the great man...

You had a captain of your other sporting team who was a lot tougher than Steve Waugh.

Chris McDermott?
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 852 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby stan » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:40 am

I think we all wanted a bit more fight from the kiwis.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Dutchy » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:43 am

stan wrote:I think we all wanted a bit more fight from the kiwis.

To be fair it would have been much better to see their full bowling attack thru the 3 tests Boult, Southee & Wagner all fully fit and charging in would have made a big difference. Their top order batting was awful though.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:44 am

“I wasn’t too sure what was going on but I wasn’t happy.

“Out of nowhere - it was just like he put his foot down and tried to stamp his authority.

“When you confront Aleem on little things like that he gets a little bit in your face.

“You’ve got to respect the umpire ... got to try and keep off the wicket, especially in the second innings.”

It is the first time Warner has had a notable run-in with an umpire since returning from a year-long suspension.

How about just STFU Davey? who the bloody hell advises him or I guess he just runs his own show.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Jim05 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:45 am

Dutchy wrote:
“I wasn’t too sure what was going on but I wasn’t happy.

“Out of nowhere - it was just like he put his foot down and tried to stamp his authority.

“When you confront Aleem on little things like that he gets a little bit in your face.

“You’ve got to respect the umpire ... got to try and keep off the wicket, especially in the second innings.”

It is the first time Warner has had a notable run-in with an umpire since returning from a year-long suspension.

How about just STFU Davey? who the bloody hell advises him or I guess he just runs his own show.

He was absolutely correct though. Warner did nothing wrong. Labuschagne was running on the cricket and got warned yet somehow Warner copped the penalty
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Dutchy » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:53 am

Davey just needs to nod and move on, or at least not make his displeasure public.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:34 am

mots02 wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
Booney wrote:
Toughest player in the history of sport? I'd have to research before mounting an argument.

Our greatest captain? Maybe.

A better batsman than Ponting? Sorry, no.

I may be little bias when it comes to the great man...

You had a captain of your other sporting team who was a lot tougher than Steve Waugh.

Chris McDermott?

Bone definitely was but I was thinking of Paul Kelly.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby westozfalcon » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:44 pm

Dutchy wrote:

To be fair it would have been much better to see their full bowling attack thru the 3 tests Boult, Southee & Wagner all fully fit and charging in would have made a big difference. Their top order batting was awful though.

I reckon their biggest blow was losing Lockie Ferguson after only 11 overs in Perth. He was their only genuine fast bowler.
westozfalcon
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 28 times

Postby Booney » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:23 pm

Booney wrote:How long before Ferguson breaks his back?

@westoz, wasn't his back but I posted this in his second over of the match.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:46 pm

westozfalcon wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

I reckon their biggest blow was losing Lockie Ferguson after only 11 overs in Perth. He was their only genuine fast bowler.

Not so sure of him at test level yet, plus Aussies handled the 140+ Paki's OK
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:42 am

daysofourlives wrote:Once the Indians wake up Warneys hat will push on towards 1million

And it got there
M.C from Sydney, Michael Clarke?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby locky801 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:27 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Once the Indians wake up Warneys hat will push on towards 1million

And it got there
M.C from Sydney, Michael Clarke?

Nope the boss from the Commonwealth Bank
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:13 pm

amber_fluid wrote:Well done to the Aussie’s.
Has there ever been a more one sided series in Australia?

Kiwis were terrible.

NZ came here with great confidence after beating the poms,
then went home in total disarray, battered & injured, almost as though they were mugged here.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:03 pm

They were absolutely smashed. Beaten Australia at Test level just once both Home and Away since 1992. They need to develop some serious prick about them before they will ever get anywhere in Tests. Had it in the 80’s and they were a very good side. Nice guys don’t win at Test level.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Booney » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:46 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:They were absolutely smashed. Beaten Australia at Test level just once both Home and Away since 1992. They need to develop some serious prick about them before they will ever get anywhere in Tests. Had it in the 80’s and they were a very good side. Nice guys don’t win at Test level.

This.

There's no need to be arseholes ( G'day, Jos Buttler ) but you have to have some back bone, the Kiwi's did not show any backbone at all.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:40 pm

Booney wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:They were absolutely smashed. Beaten Australia at Test level just once both Home and Away since 1992. They need to develop some serious prick about them before they will ever get anywhere in Tests. Had it in the 80’s and they were a very good side. Nice guys don’t win at Test level.

This.

There's no need to be arseholes ( G'day, Jos Buttler ) but you have to have some back bone, the Kiwi's did not show any backbone at all.

They definitely didnt show much backbone on this occasion but in fairness to them in previous years they have generally been more competitive (despite not winning a series) than the another nations you would expect them to be around e.g Pakistan, Sri Lanka, West Indies and even until recent years more competitive than many previous Indian teams.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:25 pm

Booney wrote:

This.

At Test Level if you can’t take what Jos Butler said in that scenario then you shouldn’t be out there - It was clearly in the heat of battle talk when a result was in the balance. The funny thing is that the West Indies in the 70’s and 80’s are held on such a high pedestal, however I’d rather any bloke have a aggressive crack at me on field than an arrogant and disrespectful **** telling me before a game starts that “It doesn’t matter who you put out on the park” or “We don’t need to train”. I don’t have an issue with what Butler said. Typical South Africans and their passive aggressive approach.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Brodlach » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:27 pm

I know a different game but today Salt hit 5 sixes, Bradman only hit 6 sixes in this first class career(according to 5AA)
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby RB » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:27 pm

6 sixes from 6 attempts for Bradman.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times