Australian Domestic Cricket 2020-21

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2020-21

Postby whufc » Tue May 18, 2021 10:44 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Good on him.

Bancrofts own form has cost him but I reckon it would hurt him sitting there seeing the rest succeeding whilst he is just coasting along as he gets closer to 30 years old.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5586 times
Been liked: 2527 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Bedge » Tue May 18, 2021 10:50 am

Did i see somewhere that Warner's manager has come out throwing shade at CA over the scandal too?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3996 times

Postby whufc » Tue May 18, 2021 10:59 am

The Bedge wrote:Did i see somewhere that Warner's manager has come out throwing shade at CA over the scandal too?

Yeah his manager 'threatened' that Warner has more information to spill when he is ready. Once again I think its clear Warner is making as much from CA as he can before he finishes up and then spills all the beans.

"The report that was done, they didn't interview all the players. The whole thing was so badly handled, it was a joke. But eventually the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, will come out and I know the whole truth. But it doesn't serve any purpose because the Australian public over a period of time got to dislike the Australian team because they didn't behave particularly well," Erskine told Sydney Morning Herald.
whufc
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue May 18, 2021 11:01 am

Therefore if I was CA I would just not pick Warner. Clearly he didn't share all the information at the time.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11838 times
Been liked: 3597 times

Postby amber_fluid » Tue May 18, 2021 11:03 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Therefore if I was CA I would just not pick Warner. Clearly he didn't share all the information at the time.

Maybe he did and CA chose not to disclose it?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2514 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue May 18, 2021 11:05 am

amber_fluid wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Therefore if I was CA I would just not pick Warner. Clearly he didn't share all the information at the time.

Maybe he did and CA chose not to disclose it?
If that is the case then we need a royal commission into CA

Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11838 times
Been liked: 3597 times

Postby RB » Tue May 18, 2021 11:38 am

CA definitely know way more than has been reported.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 764 times
Been liked: 1074 times

Postby whufc » Tue May 18, 2021 11:43 am

RB wrote:CA definitely know way more than has been reported.

At a guess alot of the CA administration from the sandpaper gate are now gone, so we might actually get some truths. It's a very least a new CEO.
whufc
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue May 18, 2021 11:45 am

whufc wrote:At a guess alot of the CA administration from the sandpaper gate are now gone, so we might actually get some truths. It's a very least a new CEO.

And risk tarnishing their image?

No chance.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3996 times

Postby Brodlach » Tue May 18, 2021 12:00 pm

What’s done is done.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby whufc » Tue May 18, 2021 12:03 pm

Brodlach wrote:What’s done is done.

It is from our point of view as the public but in a hypothetical would you feel that if you were Bancroft and the actual truth was a lot deeper and more disturbing than we thought.

Im not a fan of Bancroft but I can see why the trio might end up re-igniting this if they were genuinely made as scapegoats for a much bigger plot.
Last edited by whufc on Tue May 18, 2021 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whufc
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Tue May 18, 2021 12:08 pm

whufc wrote:

It is from our point of view as the public but in a hypothetical would you feel that if you were Bancroft and the actual truth was a lot deeper and more disturbing than we thought.

Knows his International career is over so trying to make a buck. Had 3 years to tell the full story and didn’t.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby whufc » Tue May 18, 2021 12:10 pm

Brodlach wrote:
whufc wrote:

Knows his International career is over so trying to make a buck. Had 3 years to tell the full story and didn’t.

I think that's pretty obvious and so will Warner at the end.

If they have been genuinely 'done over' by CA I think a lot of people would come out once they have used them as far as they can. That's why we wont get a book or anything from Warner or Smith until they have finished earning their CA $$$.
whufc
Coach

Postby Eagles2014 » Tue May 18, 2021 2:57 pm

Brodlach wrote:
whufc wrote:

Michael Clarke spoken up in support, what most of us thought that the bowlers got away with blue murder here, as if they did not know what was going on. They look at the ball before every delivery, they are not stupid. Bancroft and Warner had to take the fall, if they spoke up they would never be picked again, cant move to another team like in AFL, so they had their hands tied really.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 526 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 18, 2021 3:10 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
Michael Clarke spoken up in support, what most of us thought that the bowlers got away with blue murder here, as if they did not know what was going on. They look at the ball before every delivery, they are not stupid. Bancroft and Warner had to take the fall, if they spoke up they would never be picked again, cant move to another team like in AFL, so they had their hands tied really.

Stiff shit, Warner ordered the call, Bancroft done the act, Smith pretended to not know about it but was the captain, they are the 3 key figures, they sat out and rightly so.

What were the bowlers meant to do? "Oh look here umpire, one of our players has been tampering with the ball".
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Tue May 18, 2021 3:17 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:

Stiff shit, Warner ordered the call, Bancroft done the act, Smith pretended to not know about it but was the captain, they are the 3 key figures, they sat out and rightly so.

What were the bowlers meant to do? "Oh look here umpire, one of our players has been tampering with the ball".

The bowlers should not have played dumb as if they knew nothing about it. They were the main people to benefit out of it. Still believe they got out of it lightly but will cop it in the future and rightly so.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 526 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 18, 2021 3:21 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
The bowlers should not have played dumb as if they knew nothing about it. They were the main people to benefit out of it. Still believe they got out of it lightly but will cop it in the future and rightly so.

If you find a $50 note on ground at the footy are you going to go around asking everyone who owns it?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Tue May 18, 2021 3:59 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:

Gut feeling only but as time goes on I think we might see a change to the theory it was all Warners doing.....im guessing over time we here that it was more of a collective decision rather than just the threesome involved.

Which I why I think we keep hearing murmurings of Warner telling 'his truth'
whufc
Coach

Postby whufc » Tue May 18, 2021 4:07 pm

My predictions are:

1. that wasn't the first time but rather an escalation of finding new methods. Taking sandpaper on the field to tamper is like buying a Ferrari for your first car. You don't go straight to the grande you build up and eventually go big at the end. Look at the footage from the test before in Sydney where Bancroft was filling his pockets with sugar.

2. More than just the 3 player involved knew and were part of it including bowlers and Lehmann.

3. Historically was happening and there was a culture around it......wouldn't be surprised to see another 'youngish' type player come out and say they were asked to or did do it at some point.

4. All test teams have been doing it...and it pretty much was the only proper way to get a ball hooping for reverse swing...we haven't really seen much reverse swing since. Reverse swing was essentially code for tampered ball. Which is why or how they could never really agree on how swing worked and was created.
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 18, 2021 4:15 pm

whufc wrote:My predictions are:

1. that wasn't the first time but rather an escalation of finding new methods. Taking sandpaper on the field to tamper is like buying a Ferrari for your first car. You don't go straight to the grande you build up and eventually go big at the end. Look at the footage from the test before in Sydney where Bancroft was filling his pockets with sugar.

2. More than just the 3 player involved knew and were part of it including bowlers and Lehmann.

3. Historically was happening and there was a culture around it......wouldn't be surprised to see another 'youngish' type player come out and say they were asked to or did do it at some point.

4. All test teams have been doing it...and it pretty much was the only proper way to get a ball hooping for reverse swing...we haven't really seen much reverse swing since. Reverse swing was essentially code for tampered ball. Which is why or how they could never really agree on how swing worked and was created.

Done us a shitload of good.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket