BBL 21/22

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: BBL 21/22

Postby Armchair expert » Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:41 pm

Minimum Chips wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:

Tough choice for the Strikers

Surely it's Garton :lol: :lol:

Pretty weak list overall

Spewing we can't guarantee the services of Phil Salt and Danny Briggs
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Minimum Chips » Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:46 pm

Armchair expert wrote:
Minimum Chips wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:

Pretty weak list overall

I'll have a crack:
Adelaide - Rashid
Brisbane - Mujeeb
Hobart - ??
Renegades - ??
Stars - Clarke or Russell
Perth - Munro
Sixers - Vince
Thunder - Hales
Minimum Chips
Under 18s

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Bute

Postby Armchair expert » Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:49 pm

Minimum Chips wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:
Minimum Chips wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:

Pretty weak list overall

I'll have a crack:
Adelaide - Rashid
Brisbane - Mujeeb
Hobart - ??
Renegades - ??
Perth - Munro
Sixers - Vince
Thunder - Hales

Agree with that, Clarke for Stars as DreRuss is cooked
Hobart - Sandeep
Renegades - Nabi but I think he retired
Armchair expert
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:00 pm

Minimum Chips wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:
Minimum Chips wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:

Surely it's Garton [emoji38] [emoji38]

Pretty weak list overall

I'll have a crack:
Adelaide - Rashid
Brisbane - Mujeeb
Hobart - ??
Renegades - ??
Perth - Munro
Sixers - Vince
Thunder - Hales

Hobart's main overseas player last season was Nepalese Leg spinner Sandeep Lamichene, the Renegades had Zahir Khan and Reece Topley.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby MatteeG » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:21 pm

Cant wait to see which Sussex scrubber the Strikers pick up next.
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:13 am

MatteeG wrote:Cant wait to see which Sussex scrubber the Strikers pick up next.

There should be more than just a "thumbs up" option for posts like these.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby locky801 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:25 pm

MatteeG wrote:Cant wait to see which Sussex scrubber the Strikers pick up next.

Care factor NIL
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby Minimum Chips » Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:26 pm

I see Cam White is leaving the Strikers and heading to the Sixers. Bad for Gillespie - he may now have to actually do some work instead of the usual do nothing but take all the credit!! Word has it that White was the one putting in all the work and Dizzy sat there and did f... all but was happy to take the credit when they started winning.
Minimum Chips
Under 18s

Postby Minimum Chips » Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:39 pm

There's a short T20 comp in Darwin in a couple weeks' time featuring an NT side, PNG, CA, and Melbourne Stars and Renegades "Academy" sides. I wonder why there isn't one from the Strikers? Probably means someone will actually have to do some work?
Minimum Chips
Under 18s

Postby am Bays » Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:50 pm

I also note Warner is looking at the UAE T20 competition over the BBL. If ever there is an argument for less not more with the rise of the Indian backed Seth Efricen T20 competition and the UAE Comp, this is it.

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/cricket-2022-david-warner-snub-australia-2m-bombshell-045111745.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAHuaqeOnk8hRWFUgGQ3g-juuYcnsQBhEgGMmBccwaevCR5nOY1BpZ7gd4uZfAWySLnyXQZY37BjhKjFL0JmfzyxGMzxzRpi64Ob0tRDAH1xR2eBSIY6TqBExBLK4kYhUxLUhT0Rf07X6q7-s8L-_f5tIiXX5c3IS0sELgAeOm8mf

Think I'll stick with my Full SACA membership not the Big Bash one....
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:00 am

am Bays wrote:I also note Warner is looking at the UAE T20 competition over the BBL. If ever there is an argument for less not more with the rise of the Indian backed Seth Efricen T20 competition and the UAE Comp, this is it.

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/cricket-2022-david-warner-snub-australia-2m-bombshell-045111745.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAHuaqeOnk8hRWFUgGQ3g-juuYcnsQBhEgGMmBccwaevCR5nOY1BpZ7gd4uZfAWySLnyXQZY37BjhKjFL0JmfzyxGMzxzRpi64Ob0tRDAH1xR2eBSIY6TqBExBLK4kYhUxLUhT0Rf07X6q7-s8L-_f5tIiXX5c3IS0sELgAeOm8mf

Think I'll stick with my Full SACA membership not the Big Bash one....
https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/david-warner-unlikely-to-play-in-inaugural-ilt20-1327599

David Warner is unlikely to play in the UAE's inaugural International League T20 (ILT20) in January, and looks set to remain in Australia with negotiations ongoing to have him play in the Big Bash League (BBL) for the first time since 2013.

Warner, who is contracted to Cricket Australia but doesn't hold a BBL deal, is set to be available to play franchise cricket in January 2023 after the three-match ODI series with South Africa was cancelled and there was significant interest for him to play in the UAE, particularly given his IPL franchise Delhi Capitals own the Dubai Capitals franchise as well.

But ESPNcricinfo understands that a potential deal to sign Warner to the ILT20 is almost certainly off and Warner's manager James Erskine confirmed to the Sydney Morning Herald that they were in negotiations with CA and the Australian Cricketers Association (ACA) to have Warner play in the BBL.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby Eagles2014 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:12 pm

Jon Wells signs two year deal at Renegades. Still staggered the Strikers let him go, was our most consistent batsmen last season. Will come back to bite us on the arse no doubt :shock:
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby locky801 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:52 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:Jon Wells signs two year deal at Renegades. Still staggered the Strikers let him go, was our most consistent batsmen last season. Will come back to bite us on the arse no doubt :shock:

probably last 2.5 seasons and is a gun fielder as well, then again nothing is staggering at the Strikers :oops: :oops:
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun Aug 21, 2022 1:02 pm

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/davi ... al-1330047

David Warner's return to the BBL for the first time since 2013 has been confirmed with a two-year deal for his original club Sydney Thunder.

Late last month the Australian reported that Warner was going to request permission to play in the new ILT20 league in the UAE rather than the BBL after the cancellation of the South Africa ODI series in January opened up space for Australia's multi-format players.

That put in motion a chain of events that played out swiftly, the outcome of which will see Warner return to the club where he has played two of the three BBL matches in his career. He should be available for five regular-season matches after the final Test against South Africa in early January and then the finals if Thunder make it that far.

Warner said he was aware of the bigger picture and how important a successful BBL was to the entire game in Australia.

"I care deeply about the game, and I am conscious that the conditions that I enjoy as a professional cricketer have largely come from other senior players who have come before me," he said. "That is how the game is structured and I understand that my contribution to the future of the BBL will hopefully benefit the next generation of players long after I am retired."

It is understood that Warner's deal will match that of the platinum players in the upcoming BBL draft - AUD$340,000 - with a portion of that coming from Thunder's salary cap and the rest from CA.

Warner's signature is a huge boost for the BBL and CA more broadly as they face a legal battle with host broadcaster Channel Seven which largely revolves around the quality of the tournament. It is also likely to be the start of Australia's leading players being paid far more to appear in the BBL as it attempts to compete with the riches available elsewhere.

It had already not gone unnoticed by Australia's domestic cricketers how much money was being offered for overseas players - especially in the platinum category - and how it will put them well ahead of the top-paid local players such as Glenn Maxwell, Marcus Stoinis and Mitchell Marsh. With Warner now commanding a similar fee it is inevitable that there will be pay hikes across the board, but that is unlikely to be until next season.

On a purely cricketing level, Warner's deal with Thunder makes plenty of sense. There is the previous link to the club while they were also on the lookout for a top-order batter after Usman Khawaja moved to Brisbane Heat, although Warner will only cover part of the season. He also has strong links to Thunder coach Trevor Bayliss.

"Davey's record on the field speaks for itself and I have no doubt he already has, and will continue to, inspire many, many kids to play and love cricket," Bayliss said.

Warner's three previous BBL appears have been spread across three seasons from 2011 to 2013. He made a century in his first appearance against Melbourne Stars at the MCG before the following season, where he played for crosstown rivals Sydney Sixers, collecting a duck against Thunder. Then, back with Thunder in 2013, he made a half-century against Sixers, sharing a century opening stand with Khawaja, in a match his team lost.

Warner was one of a number of Australia's players without a BBL deal. Travis Head and Marnus Labuschagne signed extensions with their clubs last week, but Steven Smith has turned down Sixers' initial offer as he considers whether he will want to rest before the tour to India.

Mitchell Starc and Test captain Pat Cummins will also rest during that window while it could be that Josh Hazlewood, the No.1-ranked men's T20I bowler in the world, follows the same path. The chances of Cameron Green being involved will also depend on his Test workload. Scott Boland also currently does not have a BBL deal.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:35 pm

Have we secured Rashid yet?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:42 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Have we secured Rashid yet?
Apparently for about 8-10 games
Chris Lynn for about 80% of season too was rumoured aswell
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Armchair expert » Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:46 pm

I wont watch a match if the shitty draft takes him away from Adelaide and I'm a BBL fan.

edit. it appears he will stay a Striker, each team has one "retention" pick much like an afl draft father son where even if another franchise nominates him he can be retained by the Strikers.
Armchair expert
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:55 am

Armchair expert wrote:

I wont watch a match if the shitty draft takes him away from Adelaide and I'm a BBL fan.

edit. it appears he will stay a Striker, each team has one "retention" pick much like an afl draft father son where even if another franchise nominates him he can be retained by the Strikers.

Would be our own fault if we lose him, we treat him like shit IMO.

Strikes at over 150 and has a dip but bats too low, would be a better option up the order than some of the other so called "batsmen" we opt for.

I'd take his 18 off 10 most days, nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Minimum Chips » Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:19 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:

Would be our own fault if we lose him, we treat him like shit IMO.

Strikes at over 150 and has a dip but bats too low, would be a better option up the order than some of the other so called "batsmen" we opt for.

I'd take his 18 off 10 most days, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Surely there's no way they wouldn't retain him - although who knows what Tim Nielsen thinks and Gillespie hasn't got the guts to stand up to him.
Minimum Chips
Under 18s

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:19 pm

Minimum Chips wrote:
Surely there's no way they wouldn't retain him - although who knows what Tim Nielsen thinks and Gillespie hasn't got the guts to stand up to him.

If he chose to leave, maybe to pursue some success?

We let Wells go.
We get international hacks.
I'd love to know how much of our cap Carey and Head soak up to only be available for finals if we make them, having them bat in the top 3 leaves a huge dent for our preliminary matches and what does it do for those that occupied them spots for the season?

I'd like to think there's one format that can offer us some hope, infact, come to think of it, it would be nice if there was one sport that could!!!!
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket