Adelaide Oval Pickets

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Adelaide Oval Pickets

Postby Dissident » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:57 am

Hi all,

Has anyone actually taken up the offer of buying pickets at Adelaide Oval? I did a few years ago - I bought my Dad one for Fathers Day, and then for his birthday, I gave him a framed photo of it, with my picket (which I bought a bit later) next to it - so it's like a Channel 9 memorablia item.
Dissident
Site Admin

Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 158 times

Postby JK » Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:32 am

Diss, are they still available .. Any idea of approx cost if so??
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4461 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Dissident » Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:40 am

From memory, they were $100+GST, so $110 each ? I don't know if they are still available - but I would assume so.

Mine are in front of the scoreboard - they asked where I wanted them and I thought it was a good spot (you need to be a member to have one in the members area).

then, to cut a long story short, mine weren't put up, and I complained as I wanted to take photos, and they said that when they were being replaced, I'd get the old ones. The general idea is that when they are replaced in 10 years time, you get the picket. Means I'll have two =)

My girlfriend says it looks like a tombstone in my lounge :(
Dissident
Site Admin

Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 158 times

Postby Gilly » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:32 pm

Yes, they are still available. $110.

From the SACA webpage:
"Give the cricket lover in your family a piece of the famous Adelaide Oval, by placing their name on one of our fence pickets.

For just $110 (including GST) you can have their name written in gold letters on a numbered glass plaque for everyone to see. Pickets are available in all areas of the ground and include a certificate of authenticity for you to frame and present.

When the picket needs replacing (life expectancy around 10 years), the picket and glass plaque will be available for their collection as a permanent memento of the Adelaide Oval.

Note: Please allow two weeks for delivery of certificate. Plaque can be viewed on picket a minimum of four weeks after ordering. The SACA endeavours to maintain the quality of plaques for the lifetime of the picket however damage may occur due to the nature of the venue. In the case of a plaque being damaged, the SACA will finance a replacement as soon thereafter as possible".

Go to https://www.cricketsa.com.au/PicketDetails.aspx?p=200 for more info.
Gilly
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket