MUSIC QUIZ 16

A slight rejig, all your Games and Quizzes are now here!

Re: MUSIC QUIZ 16

Postby magpie in the 80's » Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:27 pm

pafc1870 wrote:3) Jimi Hendrix - Hey Joe

CORRECT
I went to a fight the other night, and a hockey game broke out. - Rodney Dangerfield (1921 - 2004)
magpie in the 80's
Coach

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times

Postby brod » Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:50 pm

5. Sweet Child O' Mine (Guns N Roses)
brod
Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 26 times

Postby magpie in the 80's » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:58 am

brod wrote:5. Sweet Child O' Mine (Guns N Roses)

correct
I went to a fight the other night, and a hockey game broke out. - Rodney Dangerfield (1921 - 2004)
magpie in the 80's
Coach

Postby locky801 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:47 pm

Q1. The song "Loser", was released in 1993 on Beck's debut album titled "Mellow Gold". The line "I'm a driver, I'm the winner; things are gonna change I can feel it" appears in the song. The line was taken from a movie. Can you name it?

A1 Kill the Moonlight

Q10.The song freebird was written as a tribute to a fallen musician. Who was it?

A10 Duanne Allman

Q12. Many people remember that the characters portrayed by Robert Hays and Julie Hagerty had a fun dance scene in the movie "Airplane". Do you remember which song they were dancing to?

A12 Bee Gees classic Staying alive
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3952 times
Been liked: 1227 times

Postby locky801 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:50 pm

Q15. "You're no good, heartbreaker
You're a liar and you're a cheat..."
Who sang these lyrics, the opening line to our song?

A15 Aretha Franklin

Q21. This song became the first single to sell over one million copies at Apple's iTunes online music store. Can you name it?

A21 Hey Ya ( and I hate that song)
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3952 times
Been liked: 1227 times

Postby magpie in the 80's » Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:07 pm

locky801 wrote:Q1. The song "Loser", was released in 1993 on Beck's debut album titled "Mellow Gold". The line "I'm a driver, I'm the winner; things are gonna change I can feel it" appears in the song. The line was taken from a movie. Can you name it?

A1 Kill the Moonlight

Q10.The song freebird was written as a tribute to a fallen musician. Who was it?

A10 Duanne Allman

Q12. Many people remember that the characters portrayed by Robert Hays and Julie Hagerty had a fun dance scene in the movie "Airplane". Do you remember which song they were dancing to?

A12 Bee Gees classic Staying alive

all correct
magpie in the 80's
Coach

Postby magpie in the 80's » Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:07 pm

locky801 wrote:Q15. "You're no good, heartbreaker
Who sang these lyrics, the opening line to our song?

A15 Aretha Franklin

Q21. This song became the first single to sell over one million copies at Apple's iTunes online music store. Can you name it?

A21 Hey Ya ( and I hate that song)

both correct
magpie in the 80's
Coach

Postby magpie in the 80's » Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:09 pm

magpie in the 80's wrote:Q1. The song "Loser", was released in 1993 on Beck's debut album titled "Mellow Gold". The line "I'm a driver, I'm the winner; things are gonna change I can feel it" appears in the song. The line was taken from a movie. Can you name it? KILL THE MOONLIGHT
Q2. This classic funk tune was the first number one hit for George Clinton and his band Parliament on the US Billboard Black Singles chart. Do you remember this 1977 release? FLASHLIGHT
Q3. This song was the very last song performed at the Woodstock Music and Art Fair in 1969. Can you remember that far back, or are your thoughts a little cloudy from the haze? HEY JOE
Q4. Elvis Presley's song "Don't Be Cruel" was written by bluesman Otis Blackwell and recorded by Elvis in 1956. The song was released as a single, with which equally famous song on the single's flip side? HOUND DOG
Q5. This love song was written by a rock singer from Indiana for the daughter of a popular 1960s vocal duo. It was later covered by Sheryl Crow, and she even won a Grammy for her version. What song is it? SWEET CHILD O'MINE
Q6. The song is titled "Maybe". Which girl group recorded this doo wop hit in 1957? THE CHANTELS
Q7. Buddy Holly's "Peggy Sue" didn't start with that title. What was the name originally used? CINDY LOU
Q8. The Drifters have had several men in their group to sing lead on different songs. Who was the lead vocalist on their hit "There Goes My Baby"? BEN E. KING
Q9. Glen Campbell had many hits with city names in the title. Which of these is the correct title?
A) Wichita Lineman B) Austin Lineman C) Tulsa Lineman D) Denver Lineman A) WICHITA LINEMAN
Q10.The song freebird was written as a tribute to a fallen musician. Who was it? DUANE ALLMAN
Q11. The song "Knocking on Heaven's Door" was written by Bob Dylan for a soundtrack he wrote for which movie? PAT GARRETT AND BILLY THE KID
Q12. Many people remember that the characters portrayed by Robert Hays and Julie Hagerty had a fun dance scene in the movie "Airplane". Do you remember which song they were dancing to? STAYIN ALIVE
Q13. Many songs have the word "rain" in the title, but only this one was recorded by Creedence Clearwater Revival. Can you name it? WHO'LL STOP THE RAIN
Q14. The song is the title track from the first album released after Bon Scott's death. What is it? BACK IN BLACK
Q15. "You're no good, heartbreaker
Who sang these lyrics, the opening line to our song? ARETHA FRANKLIN
Q16. This quiz wouldn't be complete if we didn't at least have a couple Bob Dylan songs included. This song is the only one included on the album "Highway 61 Revisited". DESOLATION ROW
Q17. If you know your Beatles history, you'll know this was the first song released by the band in the US. Do you remember the name of the song? PLEASE PLEASE ME
Q18. "The Thrill is Gone" is B.B. King's signature song, the song that most fans identify him with. Many people thought that Mr. King was the writer and original recording artist for this song. That would be incorrect. Who was the writer of this song? ROY HAWKINS
Q19. "Save the Last Dance for Me" was written by the duo of Jerry Leiber and Mike Stoller for The Drifters. Other Leiber and Stoller classics include "Jailhouse Rock", "Spanish Harlem" and "On Broadway". TRUE or FALSE FALSE
Q20. Booker T. and the MG's were a studio house band for which record label when they recorded the song "Green Onions"? STAX
Q21. This song became the first single to sell over one million copies at Apple's iTunes online music store. Can you name it? HEY YA BY OUTKAST
Q22. The song "Love Will Tear Us Apart" by Joy Division was written as a tongue in cheek rebuttal to a popular love song by which musical act? CAPTAIN AND TENNILLE
Q23. A great tune has once again been placed out of date. Can you identify which month Big Star sang about their "gurls"? SEPTEMBER
Q24. "Free Fallin'" is a great Tom Petty classic instantly recognized by any listener of rock music. His songwriting ability is typically solo, but not in the case of this tune. Another writer contributed from another act? JEFF LYNNE/ ELO
Q25. What song was the B-side to The Beach Boys' "I Get Around"? DONT WORRY BABY

END OF QUIZ :D
magpie in the 80's
Coach

Previous

Board index   General Talk  Games and Quiz Forum